Profile for "Attitude" of Abingdon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Uniross Mini Charger + 2 x AAA Multi Usage Long Life Batteries
Uniross Mini Charger + 2 x AAA Multi Usage Long Life Batteries
Offered by GiftUK

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this charger for my wireless mouse. It ..., 28 Jan. 2017
I bought this charger for my wireless mouse. It has taken up until now for the conventional batteries to wear out so I have only just tried this out. The batteries that came with the charger will not work in my mouse. I have tried recharging them but they don't seem to hold a charge. The red light does not go out. Luckily I bought a set of 4 Lloytron batteries at the same time. They charged within a few hours and are working perfectly in the mouse. The charger is cheap and it works but don't rely on the batteries.

Power Bank, JETech 10,000mAh 2-Output Portable External Power Bank Battery Charger Pack for iPhone 6/5/4, iPad, iPod, Samsung Devices, Smart Phones, Tablet PCs (10000mAh Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It will be useful for those times when I forget to charge overnight, 1 Feb. 2016
This is a cheap charging unit that does all I could need. I have tested it out on my iPad. It did not have enough power for a full charge but it gave me enough. It will be useful for those times when I forget to charge overnight. I don't have an iPhone so could not test it on that. The unit is heavy and I would not want to carry it around but it will be great for use at home or on holiday.

SupaLite Dynamo 3 Led Torch 3LED
SupaLite Dynamo 3 Led Torch 3LED
Offered by AP Motor Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Colour not as pictured, 3 Oct. 2015
I almost bought this item because I liked the colour. Luckily I looked further at the words. Despite it being a beautiful blue in the picture, the product being sold is black! I will now buy the cheaper pink model. False advertising.

Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy Book 1)
Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon solved a problem very quickly, 28 Aug. 2014
I originally rated this one star because of a problem with Amazon, but have now rated five stars because they fixed it so quickly. (See my comment in the comment thread below.)

I purchased this as a kindle product because it was showing up as free. That's a good way to try out a new author. I checked my credit card today and found I had been charged £2.59. I went back to my orders and found this book posted as £2.59. However, it still shows up in Amazon's list as free. Purchasing with 1-click means that if Amazon has not registered the price properly, there is no way of knowing. The charge goes straight on one's credit card. I am still searching the Amazon website for a way to inform them of this but have not yet had any luck.

I know this should be a review of the book itself, and I'm sorry I haven't read it yet but I have reviewed the process instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 9:14 PM BST

Mirror Sight
Mirror Sight
by Kristen Britain

4.0 out of 5 stars And it was all a dream ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Mirror Sight (Paperback)
This book reminds me of the stories we used to write as children. We'd get into a fantastical situation that could not be resolved, and would end the story with 'I woke up and it was all a dream'. Karigan spent time in the future in a dreadful situation; she left it in an unresolved state of flux; she returned to her present time with a small amount of knowledge that hopefully could prevent all that future from happening.

SPOILERS! What did we learn from her time in the future? We, the readers, learnt that the downfall of Karigan's world was caused by dragons. We also learnt that there was a weapon in the Tombs that could avert this, a weapon dating back to the time of the Sealanders. Karigan did not learn this practical information. However, she learnt the name of the villain (Amberhill) and the time frame (2 years) and the fact that allies still existed somewhere in her world (the P'ehdrose).

Was this book really needed? Only the end of the story will tell us this. It will be interesting to see how all the threads are woven together and how this book fits in. At this point I am aware of some disappointment. I loved the first two Green Rider books. I have reread them a few times and will do so again. However, I feel that the series is deteriorating from a very good story to a failed epic. The scope has gone too far and it deteriorates from the story line. Too many threads are being introduced; too much detail is being given. I suspect these were not part of Ms Britain's original vision but have invaded her thoughts as her story has taken off, and she is not experienced enough as a writer to stick to the main storyline. (She could take a lesson from Lackey and McCaffrey, who tell separate stories within the same universe, and stick to the storyline.)

Apart from all of that, the book was compelling. Ms Britain has talent. Despite my underlying frustration with the series as a whole, I was able to enjoy this book. My body, however, is suffering from the length and subsequent weight of the book! My thumb is aching from holding it open and my neck is sore because I had to keep leaning forward to read it as I could not hold the book upright for long enough. If you have physical issues, this definitely should be bought in the kindle version rather than in the book format!

Stolen Silver (Valdemar)
Stolen Silver (Valdemar)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 April 2011
Don't get me wrong, it's a great story. It's just that it's already contained in the first Herald Alberich book, which I already have. I object to paying for something that is already part of a book. This should be clearly stated.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 20 April 2011
I cannot rate this item highly enough. I ordered it over the weekend, fearing it wouldn't arrive in time for my holiday, but it was here by Wednesday, sent first class post. I've tested it and it works. I'm sure that p&p for the company must have cost as much as I paid. I will definitely order from this seller again.

The Hollow Crown (Crosspointe Novels)
The Hollow Crown (Crosspointe Novels)
by Diana Pharaoh Francis
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 24 Jun. 2010
This is part of the Crosspointe series. It's an interesting series in that each novel focues on a different person and moves the whole story along while telling his/her own story. The earlier characters are referred to and brought in as needed. I gather from the author's website that two more books are planned in this series. I can't wait to read them.

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels) (Kate Daniels Novels)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels) (Kate Daniels Novels)
by Ilona Andrews
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Entirely forgettable, 12 Nov. 2009
I looked at this title, after it was recommended in a review of another book, and found a message from Amazon that I'd already bought it 20 months earlier. I read the reviews of it and could not even remember the story. I keep a list of all the books on my shelves and it's not there. All I can assume is that I found it so uninteresting that I gave it to a charity shop immediately and wiped it off my record of books and out of my memory.

I don't like books that deal too much with the dark side of fantasy. I avoid them where I can, and give them away if I've purchased them by mistake. I prefer books that leave me with a positive message about life. If your preferences are different, you may enjoy this book.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2012 4:31 PM BST

Doctor Who: The Stone Rose
Doctor Who: The Stone Rose
by Jacqueline Rayner
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars To dream for, 4 April 2009
I listened to the audio CD late one night while playing Solitaire on the computer. I thoroughly enjoyed it as an easy listen (not demanding at all).

Then I spent the night dreaming I was Dr Who's assistant! There's something to be said for listening to David Tennant's voice just before you go to sleep!

Page: 1 | 2