Profile for The Realsoulbluesman > Reviews

Content by The Realsoulbl...

The Realsoulbluesman "MikeT" (Clitheroe, Lancashire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Powerextra 12V 3.0Ah Ni-MH Replacement Power Tools and Cordless Drill Battery for Bosch 22612 3360 3455 32612 3360K 3455-01 BAT043 BAT045 BAT046 BAT049 BAT139 2607335274 2607335709 2609200306 Exact 700 PSB 12VE-2 GBH 12VRE GLI 12V GSB 12VE-2 GSR 12VE-2 PAG 12V PLI 12V PSR 12VE-2
Offered by Poweradd

The Very Best Of: AFRICAN SOUL
The Very Best Of: AFRICAN SOUL

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant service - this CD arrived much earlier than expected ..., 2 Sept. 2016
Brilliant service - this CD arrived much earlier than expected and what a stunning roundup of Manu's varied work. Would recommend to anyone.

Soul Men
Soul Men

5.0 out of 5 stars 60's Stax Soul at its best - a must buy at this price, 20 April 2016
This review is from: Soul Men (Audio CD)
If you are into solid sixties soul on Stax than this is a steal at this price. I paid a fortune for this LP when I was a mod with a scooter in 1968 and it was never off my record player until someone nicked it!.I was lucky to pick up a copy at a second hand record shop for £1.00 in the late 70's. It has a brilliant mix of tracks both dancers and love songs and was the music for many parties.
"Soul Man" is the obvious single track which everyone loved to dance to but for me "Don't knock it" ( an Isaac Hayes & David Porter number) has always been the better dancer. There isn't a weak track but for me the two stand out tunes are the fabulous "Broke Down Piece of Man" and their great version of Homer Banks tearjerker "I've Seen What Loneliness Can Do". Their stage act was full of exciting dance routines that everyone tried to copy (see the DVD of the Stax-Volt Tour of Europe) along with their mohair suits. You would never guess that they couldn't stand each other!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware these new 40+ Plastic Balls tend to split open very quickly., 15 Jun. 2015
Beware these new 40+ Plastic Balls from Joola have proved to be very unreliable bursting wide open in the middle of games. We bought a large quantity for our local league and the players are very unhappy with them. Some have burst open on the first knock up, fresh out of the box. They don't develop cracks like the old type ball but seem to pop open. Not what you expect from a company as good as Joola. This is a shame as we have used the celluloid Joola balls in the past and they have been very good. The suppliers, Bribar Table Tennis, were very supportive on this and Joola provided us with some complimentary boxes of balls but sadly these also burst open. We have heard tales from local leagues of other makes of the new 40+ plastic balls also "exploding open" in play. So this appears to possibly be a problem for other manufactures. The ITTF need to take some action.
PS They also cost more than the old balls!

Vu-Du Menz
Vu-Du Menz

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy piano and guitar blues., 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Vu-Du Menz (Audio CD)
I bought this for Corey Harris but became an instant fan of Henry Butlers stylish piano playing. You can almost smell a New Orleans bar as they play. Not a weak track on it. The stand out track for me that I can't stop putting on repeat is " Let it roll". They just feed off each other and I would love to see them play live together.

Here's Barbara Lynn
Here's Barbara Lynn
Offered by Arc Trade Media_JAPAN

5.0 out of 5 stars The brilliant 1968 Atlantic album on CD, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Here's Barbara Lynn (Audio CD)
This is the great Atlantic album from 1968 on Japanese import. As usual the sound quality is excellent. It is more about her voice than her classy guitar playing, as if Atlantic were trying to get her to appeal to a different audience.

The album kicks off with a stunning sultry remake of her 1962 hit "You'll lose a good thing". Her voice is really deep and sexy and she is backed by by some soulful saxophone - a real late night smoocher. There are lots of great toe-tappers here, and it is brilliant to drive to on high volume. Northern soul fans will know lots of these tracks. My fave one is the mid tempo "Only you know how to love me". "This is the thanks i get" and "You're Losing Me" hold up well. "I'll suffer" is a really nice ballad" I am not over keen on her version of "Sufferin' City" - it lacks the woomph of other recordings, such as Johnny & Lilly (Johnny Copeland & Laverne White) 1970 stomper.

All in all an excellent album that has really stood the test of time and for 60s soul fans it is a must to have in your collection

Safe House
Safe House

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
This book really gripped me and I got really involved with the plot and the characters. There are a few strange twists and turns but it is all the better for that.

Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars This book had me spellbound, 5 Jun. 2014
What a brilliant roller coaster of a read. I kept laughing out loud at some of the absurd situations. I would recommend this to anyone with a good imagination.

The Carcassonne Affair - a fast-paced contemporary thriller laced with intrigue and humour

3.0 out of 5 stars No more than OK, 5 Jun. 2014
This isn't awful but I struggled to get involved in the story or the characters. I took it on holiday and did manage to finish it but it didn't delight me I'm afraid.

Epson Expression Premium XP-610 All-in-One Printer with Wi-Fi Direct and Double Sided Printing

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant, clever and easy to use home printer., 5 Jun. 2014
I was slightly put off ordering this printer because of a number of poor reviews, especially about setting up the Wi-Fi connection. However I had owned a Epson Stylus for as long as I can remember and it has been faultless. I went ahead and bought the machine and I am delighted with it. I am not a "techie" but I found the connecting of the printer through Wi-Fi to be very easy and I was soon up and running. I can understand some peoples comments about the having to manually pull out the paper out tray and it feeling a bit stiff, but once you get your head round what you have to do it works well. Everything I have printed so far has been excellent - although I haven't done any photos yet. I am excited about the CD printing facility and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of some blank CDs so that I can play with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5