Profile for David Mackenzie > Reviews

Content by David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie (London, England)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story of how a group of people all bring separate skills to an adventure, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 14 (Kindle Edition)
OK, I listened to this in the car, but it was the unabridged version, so I think I can comment here. This started off as a slow burner, and then gradually and systematically cranked up the tension. As an ensemble piece it works really well, and it references to contemporary film and TV made the characters seem more real. I won't give anything away about the plot, but tying in some of the madder 20th century science made it very believable. I'm off to find another story by the same author!

Shimano PD-T400 Click'r Pop-Up Mechanism Pedals - Black
Shimano PD-T400 Click'r Pop-Up Mechanism Pedals - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product if you want to move from ordinary pedals to clipless, 20 Sept. 2013
Easy to fit and easy to use, these pedals have made a difference to the way I pedal. I'd recommend them to anyone wanting to try out clipless.

Jazooli Cycling Bike Bicycle Frame Pannier Front Tube Pouch Bag Mobile Phone Holder - Red
Offered by Jazooli

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 Aug. 2013
i really liked this bag when it turned up. Really useful for holding bits and pieces, and for my Samsung Galaxy S3. However it took ages to turn up. I ordered 10 days early for a cycle trip we were going on, but it didn't turn up till 2 weeks after we go back. I guess it had to come all the way from China. So happy to recommend it, but leave plenty of time for it to turn up.

SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 30MB/s Memory Card with SD Adapter (NEW VERSION) - Retail Packaging with Komputerbay SDXC USB Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it said on the box, 17 Oct. 2012
Ordered the card, which turned up nice and promptly. Loaded it in my Samsung Galaxy SIII with no problems. No problem, but didn't expect any with a SanDisk card.

Polar H7 Bluetooth 4.0 Heart Rate Sensor Set for iPhone 4S/5 - Black
Polar H7 Bluetooth 4.0 Heart Rate Sensor Set for iPhone 4S/5 - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Only works with iPhone, 19 Sept. 2012
I bought this to work with my Galaxy S3 as it can drive the Polar sensor on my treadmill, and has Bluetooth. Unfortunately its uses Blutooth SMART which is only compatible with iPhones. This isn't really made clear in the descriptions, and I'd never heard of the SMART variation of Bluetooth until I tried to get this working. SO if you don't have an iPhone, don't buy this.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 5:27 PM BST

Roberts Stream202 WM202BK DAB/FM/WIFI Internet Radio - Black
Roberts Stream202 WM202BK DAB/FM/WIFI Internet Radio - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed product, 11 Nov. 2010
I already had one of these, so bought a second one. Unfortunately after a few months the display stopped working. The only response from the helpdesk was to say that maybe the power supply was broken. Or of course I could send it in to be serviced.

Another problem I have found is that it can't access the music I have stored on my homeserver, when I use WiFi. It works over the wired ethernet ok though. The other problem it has is it takes a long time to reconnect to the musicserver. Works fine first time, but then takes 5 minutes or more to connect to the music server, after the radio has been switched off. I did report this to Roberts, but was told the support guy had problems at home, and wouldn't be able to look into it quickly.

Th product is OK but the support is really amatuerish. For a complex product like this it would be nice to have better support!

Motorola XTR 446 Twin PMR Walkie Talkie
Motorola XTR 446 Twin PMR Walkie Talkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 11 Dec. 2009
Got this to replace a pair we bought about 10 years ago. The difference in performance was amazing. Great quality.

Belkin Cat5 Cable 10M Grey Snagless Moulded Snagless Grey
Belkin Cat5 Cable 10M Grey Snagless Moulded Snagless Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply didn't work, 11 Dec. 2009
Plugged it in and it didn't work. Won't connect any of my devices. I paid extra for same day delivery, which was a waste of the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2011 12:10 PM BST