Profile for Striving for quality > Reviews

Content by Striving for q...

Striving for quality (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Stick micro Geocache Container for geocaching
Stick micro Geocache Container for geocaching
Offered by Geotees

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit DIY for what I was expecting, 12 Nov. 2013
It is basically a stick with a hole drilled in the end and a plastic tube inserted. Arrived damp, so clearly fresh from woods! Bit DIY for my liking as is a present for someone (there was no product packaging). Will keep as not worth the hassle or paying p&p to return it.

Mary-Mary
Mary-Mary
by Joan G. Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hyperventilating about the fact this book is back in print!, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Mary-Mary (Hardcover)
My Mum used to read me this book when I was a child (70s baby). I have a very, very tatty copy which lives in my memory book for fear of it getting lost or damaged any further. For literally two decades I have searched for another copy and what happens when I have my own child to read it to...it comes back into print! How fantastic, the joy I feel is immense (see what a big impression books make on children!) It is a brilliant collection of short stories and I highly recommend every little girl has a copy (I am buying one for myself, one for my son and one for all my friends who have girls!!).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2014 11:30 AM BST

Gowi Rome Dinner Service Playset (60 Parts)
Gowi Rome Dinner Service Playset (60 Parts)
Offered by inandout-distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and great for toddlers, 12 April 2013
I bought this locally for my 19mth year old. It contains so many excellent pieces. We also have other GOWI products and find the quality of plastic to be first class - not brittle like the supermarkets sell these days. Highly recommended.

Funskool Preschool Nesting Eggs
Funskool Preschool Nesting Eggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for little hands, 12 Jan. 2013
My son (16 months) had some Christmas nesting eggs this year and loved them. They were aged 3+ and a few of the pieces were very small, so he couldn't play with them unless I was fully watching him. When they went away with the decorations, he kept looking up at the shelf where they were kept with a sad face, so I set about finding some age appropriate nesting eggs. We already have the Tomy squeaking eggs (non nesting of course) and my husband was worried these wouldn't offer much different, but I ordered them anyway! SOOOOOOOOOOO pleased I did, although these don't look as fun as the Christmas ones (from Paperchase incidentally, have different characters on them!) he is over the moon with these nesting eggs. Loves taking them apart and with a little help, putting them back together. I would say this is the next stage on in dexterity and development terms from stacking cups. Great toy and great for hand/eye coordination development. At £5 incl P&P, a great toy for the playroom. Also handy to throw in your bag when going out (although fear they may well end up all over the floor when we're next at the dentist/doctors etc!). Wish I'd seen them earlier!

Huggies Pure Baby Wipes -  Pack of 10 (10 x 56 Packs, Total 640 Wipes)
Huggies Pure Baby Wipes - Pack of 10 (10 x 56 Packs, Total 640 Wipes)
Offered by Chemist Connect

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wipes, but can get cheaper elsewhere!, 12 Jan. 2013
These wipes are excellent. We've used them for years as toilet wipes (cheaper than those silly miniscule wipes!) then had a baby and found nothing else cleans our son's bum as well or as gently (save good old cotton wool and water/lotion, which is not so convenient). However, Asda do 12 packs box (64 per pack) of Huggies wipes for £10, so Amazon for once, is not that cheap, even when you do "subscribe and save".

Minene Bath Support (White)
Minene Bath Support (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product which doesn't get mouldy and works in baby baths and main baths, 9 April 2012
This bath support frame is simply fantastic! We bought ours locally for £18.99 and although a lot of money, wouldn't hesitate in recommending. It has let us have safe bathtimes with our baby from newborn when he was in a baby bath, through to now, at seven months, in the big bath. He's getting slightly too long for the frame now, but happy to have had 6 months use given we've bathed him most days since he was 4 or 5 months. The great thing about this product is that the towel is removable from the frame, so you can wash it if (or rather when!!) accidents happen. It also is easy to wring out, meaning no mould ends up growing on it which some people seem to say with the foam types. The product is as good as the day we bought it. Wash on cool cycle and don't tumble dry as it is already a snug fit (needs to be otherwise the baby wouldn't be supported). Also recommend putting it back on the frame when wet, as this makes life easier.

Minene Baby Bath Support and Hand Flannel (Blue)
Minene Baby Bath Support and Hand Flannel (Blue)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product to help avoid midday sun, create a dark sleep space - great for buggy and car, 24 Mar. 2012
My 6mth baby refused to sleep in his buggy (his pram was the magic sleep mobile, but as soon as we started using the buggy, he couldn't make the adjustment). This product has changed all that. Creating a dark space, he falls asleep in no time when he needs a nap (indoors or out). It's also brilliant at keeping out the strong midday sun (but see-through enough for them to see you). Ensures adequate ventilation (I cringe when I see people putting coats over their buggies, must be so stuffy for the little one underneath).

As a bonus, I have been attaching some of the numerous velcro fasterners to my baby's headrest/mirror in the car and now have the perfect canopy over the carseat to stop the sun getting in his eyes. Despite having 4 sunblinds in the car, I could never get all the cracks covered before using this wonderful product.

Washable and takes up no space in your bag - love the fact it comes in its own integral bag too - no worries about a separate bag blowing away/getting lost therefore.

I bought mine from a well known high street chemist as saw it and wanted it there and then! Also looked at some others which weren't as stylish or more importantly flexible in terms of fasteners (this fits my buggy when front and rear facing. I have a very large buggy - Brio Sing - and this fits perfectly).

Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash, 235 ml
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash, 235 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous smell, 27 Oct. 2011
Using on my newborn, he smells delicious after bathing in this! Foams up well, ideal for hair and body (bath).

Joyful Pregnancy
Joyful Pregnancy
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sending you to sleep/relaxing, 14 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Joyful Pregnancy (Audio CD)
Wonderful CD, really helped me relax during second/third trimester. I have used Glenn's Complete Relaxtion in the past and although this CD has a very similar script, I like the baby specific parts enough to warrant having both. The echo effect on his voice really helps to send me into a trance and I'm normally hopeless at meditation. Great to have an English accent too, I find American ones off puting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6