Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Lakes lover" (England)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Much easier to use than expected, 5 April 2013
As I am a technophobe I ordered this item with some trepidation after reading some negative reviews. However, to my amazement, I found it very quick and easy to use to transfer images from an SD card to my I pad. It was slightly more complicated to transfer images from my computer to the I pad via a memory stick as all my images had been edited and re-named. I followed the instructions given by another reviewer about creating a DCIM folder and making sure that all images put into this folder had 8 character names and again had no real problems. An excellent price for such a useful little gadget!

Malta, Gozo and Comino (Landscapes)
Malta, Gozo and Comino (Landscapes)
by Douglas Lockhart

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my opinion of Malta, 29 Oct. 2011
I have just returned from a two week holiday in Malta and found the Sunflower guide invaluable. I had heard that people either love or hate Malta and without this guide I would probably have been in the latter category as first impressions on the journey from the airport to the hotel were not favourable. However,being based in Bugibba, every single walk in the book was accessible by the excellent bus network. We actually completed 17 of the walks in the book and visited areas well away from the tourist trail, meeting very few other walkers. OK, so inland Malta cannot compare with the beauty of Britain's National Parks but it has its own charm and the coastline is absolutely stunning. On three occasions we went over to Gozo which is especially beautiful. By the end of two weeks I had grown to love Malta!
I'd just like to add that, as GPS settings were quoted in the guide, I took mine with me and found it really useful for keeping track of walking times and distances - also for checking our position and direction of travel when in doubt and would advise anyone else to do the same.Malta, Gozo and Comino (Landscapes)

The Brass Dolphin
The Brass Dolphin
by Caroline Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday reading, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Brass Dolphin (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me just before I set off for a holiday in Malta. It arrived in plenty of time for me to take with me and was in very good condition for a used book. I read it whilst on holiday and was able to picture the places mentioned in the book thus very much enhancing the enjoyment of the story.

Karrimor Women's ksb Orkney III Ladies Weathertite Hiking Boot, Brown, 7 UK
Karrimor Women's ksb Orkney III Ladies Weathertite Hiking Boot, Brown, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 22 Feb. 2010
I normally buy men's boots as they are wider fittings which I need to accommodate a swollen big toe joint but after reading earlier reviews decided to risk buying these. I'm delighted with the width of them and find them very comfortable.

A. Wainwright Pocket Diary 2009
A. Wainwright Pocket Diary 2009
by Alfred Wainwright
Edition: Diary

2.0 out of 5 stars Wainwright Pocket Diary 2009, 27 Nov. 2008
I bought this diary becaused I love walking in the Lake District. Unfortunately I had not looked at a copy before ordering so was very disappointed when I received it. It is larger than the usual pocket/handbag sized diary but in spite of this the space for making entries is not large (all seven days are crammed into the right hand side of a double page with an entry from a Wainwright Guide on the left hand side). I had hoped for pages of general information on the Lake District (useful telephone numbers and contacts, maybe heights of fells etc) but there is nothing other than the walk descriptions and I would imagine most people on holiday in the Lakes would rather walk using a map or detailed walking guide (maybe one of the Wainwright Guides)
than walk using their diaries! There is no page for personal details and no pages for addresses and telephone numbers or pages for general notes. Although there are calendars for 2009 and 2010 there is no 2008 calendar.
I have had to go out and buy another useful diary for carrying around with me.A. Wainwright Pocket Diary 2009 (Diary)