Profile for Adri_T > Reviews

Spanx In Power Line Super Power Panties
Spanx In Power Line Super Power Panties
Offered by The Shapewear Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt delivery and great product, 8 May 2017
I have bought these spanx before and know that they fit really well. The seller was very prompt and the product was exactly as advertised. Top marks all round.

More Than Forever (More Than Series, Book 4)
More Than Forever (More Than Series, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed Jay's first three books of this series, 15 July 2014
I really enjoyed Jay's first three books of this series. They were all really great stories, that were filled with angst, passion and love. So buying this book was a 1-click for me. I had slight reservations, as the story starts when the characters are fifteen and as a cynical and jaded thirtysomething, I thought I would find this irritating. This was so far from what happened it's not funny. This story is beautiful and bittersweet. It made me cry buckets and made me laugh heartily. It could have ended up cheesy and corny, as these two young souls fall in love and deal with all the hardships that life throws at them, but it never does. It was truthful, sweet and heartbreaking as well as being very funny. you totally fall in love with Cameron, who even at fifteen, has a big enough heart and is mature enough to recognise when someone is in pain and needs help. He is a wonderful character, and I wish I could have met a Cameron Gordon when I was fifteen! As usual with Jay, the supporting characters are brilliantly drawn and you feel like you know them. I especially loved the way she wrote Lucy and Cam's parents, specifically Mark, Cam's mother's boyfriend, who made me cry! You also catch up wit old friends from the first books. I think anyone can read this, as I think it can totally stand alone... If you want to read something heartwrenching and beautiful, you MUST pick this up today.

Undeniable
Undeniable

1.0 out of 5 stars Very worrying, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Undeniable (Kindle Edition)
I read this book a while ago but didn't write a review. I was so angry about the book and the gleeful reaction of other readers, that it just upset me. I am not a wuss and am very happy to read and watch disturbing things, as long as there is a point to them and the characters are well conceived and drawn out. Every one of the characters in this book are such caricatures, there was nothing real or human about them at all. The two protagonists were so unbelievable and their love so ridiculous that I spent quite a lot of time laughing at the sheer implausibility of it all. There is nothing interesting, cool or "real" about beating women. I don't really understand how all these other FEMALE readers can enjoy this and a not be horrified that this was written by another woman. I have watched many biker shows and read countless biker books, and there is always a feeling that women are slightly second class citizens and are usually treated pretty badly but this takes this to such an extreme, I was really quite appalled. I don't understand when the reviewers have said this is a real account of being in a motorcycle club. I think the writing was so cliched that nothing felt real at all. There really is nothing sexy about violence towards women. If you want to read something that isn't degrading then please look at It Ain't Me by Tillie Cole, Joanna Wylde and Bella Jewel...

Off the Record (The Record Series Book 1)
Off the Record (The Record Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea..., 25 May 2014
This was so disappointing!! I just finished watching House Of Cards and was hoping for a saucy version of that, but here it was like I was missing bits of the story, what the hell happened to the plot. Didn't finish it. The only plus was that it was only 99p! Sorry, not for me...

Finding Us (Finding Series Book 1)
Finding Us (Finding Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good premise, poor execution..., 25 May 2014
The premise to this book was interesting and really was the only thing that kept me reading. I didn't really get to know any of the characters. They were all very poorly draw and it felt like I was reading a fourteen year olds diary. I still can't believe the characters are meant to be in their twenties! I didn't believe the attraction between Knox and Jasmine, and really Knox was such a cliché of the tortured "bad boy" it made me laugh at times. If you want to read about tortured boys who have hard time letting go of things then read Rule by Jay Crownover or anything by Kristen Ashley. Or even Coleen Hoover or Tamara Webber. This was such a disappointing read, especially after so many glowing reviews...

Archer's Voice
Archer's Voice

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully sweet, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Archer's Voice (Kindle Edition)
What a sweet, beautiful story this was. It actually gave me goose bumps and made me shed a tear. It was a touching love story between two broken souls that healed each and grew. The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is that I felt the ending was little rushed and it really didn't need to be. After building such a lovely story I wanted to see Archer interact more with the other locals and maybe more with Travis too. I really think Mia Sheridan has a lot of talent and has a fabulous writing style. I am looking forward to reading her other books.

Rush Too Far
Rush Too Far

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Rush Too Far (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the Too Far series, although I think it is very much written for a younger audience (I am in my thirties). This was like it was describing a completely different character. Rush was nothing like he is in the previous books, he was so wet and annoying, I wondered what the hell Blaire saw in him. I found it hard to finish, even though the book is exceedingly short. I am not really a fan of the different POV books, as they don't usually work. This another example of why things should really be left alone.

Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Hard Knocks Series 1)
Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Hard Knocks Series 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 2 May 2014
I really tried to like this book. I read till about three quarters of the way through and then realised I didn't really care what happened to the main characters. Their connection was so generic that it was hard to believe that either one of them had any real emotions. I also didn't enjoy the wrestling world, it all seemed a bit silly, and like it was a conscious decision to avoid comparisons to Real, even though premise and storyline were terribly similar. Unfortunately, I didn't make it the cliffhanger. A thoroughly disappointing read.

Nash (The Marked Men Book 4)
Nash (The Marked Men Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional and lovely story, 28 April 2014
It is always a worry when you get to the fourth installment of a series that the creator or creators might lose they're way or vision of what the series was originally about. I should have not had any concerns. I loved this book and felt very emotional when I finished it. Nash and Saint's story totally lives up to the other three. Nash is a man who has had forge his way through life to be who he is and he wears his heart on his sleeve. He has a very tenuous relationship with his dragon of mother but has always had a supportive uncle that made him realise his true worth as a person. Saint doesn't think she has that and doesn't understand or believe her true worth even if she has loving people around her telling her this. I totally related to Saint and understood her insecurity. Kids can be cruel and I think they can cause so much damage to a fragile teenage ego that is trying to break free. I thought that some of the stuff she did was little extreme but everyone reacts to things differently especially when taken out of their comfort zone. This story made me laugh, cry and shake my head. Jay Crownover has created such a vivid world for these characters to inhabit, you just want to pull up a bar stool and hang out. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with Nash, and if they are then they really don't understand what it is like to truly question yourself and the way people see you. Thanks, Jay, you rocked it yet again!

The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series Book 2)
The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five enormous stars, 9 April 2014
I just finished reading Golden Dynasty, and have the biggest book hangover I have ever had. I LOOOOOVED IT! It is now in my top 5 Kristen Ashley books. It might have got to number 2! I can't put it in at no1 as Sweet Dreams was the first KA book I read and will always have a special place in my heart! This book was so well written, so beautifully conceived, everything worked so well from the pace to the language, I couldn't bloody put it down! I was furious, I laughed, cried buckets and swooned. I think it's a testament to Ashley's writing and understanding of the human spirit that even the controversial and basically abhorrent behaviour of the main character is dealt with in a way that can be forgiven. There are true abhorrent characters in the book who do not wish to learn and grow, so they will never change nor will they ever feel guilt for what they do. But our hero listens, understands and grows, and this is beautiful. I can't BELIEVE I put off this series for so long. I really enjoyed Wildest Dreams too, but Golden Dynasty is just a cut about. Loved it, loved it, loved it!! A brrutal, savage and beautiful story, just like the hero, Lahn... Sigh.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3