Profile for Sawston Paul > Reviews

Content by Sawston Paul

Sawston Paul (Sawston Cambridgeshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Hi-Tec Keswick Waterproof Men's High Rise Hiking Boots - Brown (Smokey Brown/Burnt Orange), 9 UK (43 EU)
Offered by sportex24

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally disappointing., 6 Sept. 2017
I should have taken heed of some of the reviews for these boots before I bought them. It may depend how you use them but I bought mine specifically for dog walking particularly early in the morning when the grass is wet with dew. First thing I discovered is that once the suede tops of the boots get wet so do your socks. So they are NOT waterproof. Also by the third month of wearing them the sole of the left boot came away from the upper so I threw them away. I should have returned them but I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle that would entail so bought a different make which also didn't come up to the description as 'waterproof' so Hi-Tec isn't alone when it comes to over extolling the virtues of their products.

Digital Portable red color Mini Speaker Music MP3/4 Player Micro SD/TF USB Disk Speaker FM Radio LCD Display by manufacture seller
Offered by Trend Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 6 Sept. 2017
I use it as a speaker for my computer and it has a good volume and the tone isn't bad for such a small thing. The FM radio isn't very sensitive but if you use the supplied audio cable and plug it into the FM/Line in socket it acts as an aerial and reception is better. It has built in batteries that can be charged via the USB outlet on the laptop. Quite impressive.

2PC Sony 377 SR626SW SR66 V377 Silver Oxide Watch Battery
2PC Sony 377 SR626SW SR66 V377 Silver Oxide Watch Battery
Offered by dEcolectrix

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional batteries, 6 Sept. 2017
What can I say? They're batteries and they work. I haven't bought this size of battery before so have nothing to measure them against.

* BIG CLEARANCE * Leopard DVS Flip up Black/Yellow Motorbike Motorcycle Crash Helmet S (55-56cm)
Offered by T G OUTLET

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the sizing., 6 Sept. 2017
Not bad for the price but the sizing is really far out. I ordered small and it turned out to be the same size as a 'large' helmet from a different manufacturer. I have to wear a beanie hat underneath to get the right fit. Also the flip up front release button broke but luckily I managed to fix it myself.
Despite these problems I like the helmet because the flip up front means I can put the helmet on while wearing my glasses and it has a useful flip down sun visor which comes in handy, particularly, when the sun is low.

Regatta Men Holcombe Mid High Rise Hiking Boots, Grey (Slgrey/Incag), 9 UK 43 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 6 Sept. 2017
Felt a bit tight particularly on the right foot but only took a short while (my first walk in them) before they had given a little and are now perfect.
I have tried many different 'waterproof' shoes over the years none, of which, have kept my feet dry. So far these Regatta boots have stood the ultimate test of waterproofness i.e. walking through long wet grass. I have only been using them for a couple of weeks so don't know how they will perform after a bit of wear and tear but so far I am extremely impressed with them especially at this low price.

Pink Butterfly and Sweet Pea Flowers Glass Oval Mantel Clock
Pink Butterfly and Sweet Pea Flowers Glass Oval Mantel Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift., 24 July 2017
Bought as a present for my mother, both she and I were very happy with this attractive purchase.

NEW MEN'S VULCA PROS SAFETY TRAINERS BOOTS WITH PROTECTED TOE CAPS HIKING SHOES Sendai (9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Jan. 2017
I bought these shoes not for their safety features but for their waterproofness as I use them to walk the dog on dewy mornings. Previously several pairs of 'waterproof' walking shoes from various manufacturers have proved to be anything but and they all fell to bits. These safety shoes have kept me dry and they are still intact. So they're a great success.

Official Strictly Come Dancing Annual 2017: The Official Companion to the Hit BBC Series (Annuals 2017)
by Alison Maloney

5.0 out of 5 stars At least a 'SEVEN'., 26 Jan. 2017
I have had previous 'Strictly' albums which have been very good and this year's is no exception. I would recommend it to any 'Strictly' fan.

REGATTA STORMBREAK WATERPFOOF OVERTROUSERS - 3 COLOURS (MEDIUM - 33/34" WAIST, BLACK)
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy accessory., 6 July 2016
Ideal to carry in my bicycle pannier ready for those unexpected showers. They are lightweight and compact when folded away. They look well made from a tough fabric. One disadvantage is that being non breathable fabric there is a tendency for condensation to form inside the trousers. However I have always found that breathable fabric is never truly waterproof so a little bit of condensation may not be such a problem.

Bumper Pack of 30 Photographic & Artwork Animal Wildlife Greeting Cards
Bumper Pack of 30 Photographic & Artwork Animal Wildlife Greeting Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent assortment., 6 July 2016
A very nice selection of assorted animal themed, mostly blank, greetings cards. They are a mixture of photos and various styles of artwork. Usually when you buy an assortment there are one or two cards that you feel you would never use but not in this case they are all brilliant. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7