Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Spider-Man Marvel Legends Series Shocker Figure, 6-Inch
Spider-Man Marvel Legends Series Shocker Figure, 6-Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but more for the collectors, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, i didn't get the shocker figure. I just got Spiderman. I'm kinda disappointed in the figure. The colours are great, all the limbs move, Spiderman is very flexible, and it seems very hard to break (you'd really have to try in order detach the limbs) but overall its a let down.
This figure is part of the Marvel Legends Build a Figure collection. The idea seems to be that you have to buy all 6 (not exactly cheap) in order to have all the pieces to build the Sandman. Its a good idea but it means that there's little fun to be had with just one figure and i think the price of the figures should be lower. Afterall, each one comes with a piece of Sandman that you can't use at all unless you have the other parts. Marketing greatness maybe but i think it makes this collection really only suitable for the serious collector.

Cuticura Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder 250g
Cuticura Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder 250g

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite talc, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this talc. The hard container has a coolness to it and is well made. The talc itself has a nice scent and is medicated. The talc helps stop chafing, i've found this especially useful between the thighs. The talc apparently also helps eczema (which i have) although i cant say i've seen any improvement of mine. The product also absorbs moisture so its perfect for after a bath or shower. I find this talc quite calming to be honest and it leaves me feeling fresh and dry.

Berydale Women's Bd318 Skirt, Blue (Blau), 38 (Manufacturer Size: Medium)
Berydale Women's Bd318 Skirt, Blue (Blau), 38 (Manufacturer Size: Medium)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too old fashioned for me but it washes well., 22 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This garment is comfortable to wear, it’s a little long though for anyone under 5ft 5. It doesn’t crease up (a big thing with me) and its quick to wash and dry. However, it’s not my style and I thought it made me look a bit frumpy. Plus, I’d only recommend this to someone with a very small waist, otherwise it won’t be flattering. It pairs nicely with a black top and will be a good summer dress however I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was a doing an impersonation of Maria from The Sound of Music.

essie Gel Couture Nail Polish, 138 Pre Show Jitters 13.5 ml
essie Gel Couture Nail Polish, 138 Pre Show Jitters 13.5 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent varnish, 13 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love nail varnish. I am like some kind of magpie for the stuff, from cheap and cheerful, through to more upmarket brands, but had never heard of the 'Essie' brand before. I don't know why- a little internet snooping shows it is widely available, and falls in the slightly higher end price wise. The first thing I noticed was the bottle. It has a cool twisted shape, which looks nice, and also makes it very easy to hold whilst applying. I found the consistency a little on the thin side, which surprised me, and it took 3 coats before I felt satisfied it looked right. I dried quite quickly though, and looked fine. I read that it can be kept on for up to 12 days( again, online) and up to now, have been wearing it for 8 days without having to touch it up. It comes off pretty easily too. I would use it again, but don't think it is any better or worse than other brands in its price range. The bottle is cute though..

Braun Series 9 9240s Men's Electric Foil Shaver, Wet and Dry, Rechargeable and Cordless Razor with Pop Up Trimmer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The best thing about this shaver is that it saves me time. I work long hours and get up really early. I take the shaver in to the shower with me. It gives a good close shave and I don't get any razor burn or irritating rashes. For some reason I think it shaves better wet than dry even though it can be used both ways. It's quite light and comfortable to hold and the head easily moves over the contours of your face. I'm not a connoisseur of shavers and previously used cheap plastic razors that I bought in packs of 10, this definitely gives a closer better shave than those. I only shave once a day in the morning and sometimes don't bother at all over the weekend. When I do shave then on Monday morning it does take a little longer but it doesn't struggle or pull. All in all I like it.

Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara, 9.5 ml
Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara, 9.5 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good- noticeable difference, 6 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I envy people with Bambi- esque lashes and therefore always use mascara. I usually use a ' curl wand' as my eyelashes are both stubby, and flat. Let's face it, I need as much help as I can get..so I am familiar with Maybelline as a brand- reasonably priced, widely available, but have never used the 'colossal big shot volume express mascara' before. The packaging is gold and shiny- easy to locate in a make up bag, better than boring black- and the oval shape feels nicely balanced in your hand, when applying. When I opened it up, I was a little taken aback by the amount of mascara on the wand, worried it would 'clog' when applied, but no fear, it is obviously just because of the volume it is trying to create. It actually goes on very smoothly, and makes an instant difference- especially to my poor peepers. Two coats gives a very nice, thick effect, without looking too much. Going over the top lashes one more time would give a more dramatic false lash effect, if required. It stays on really well, so well in fact that it does take a little longer to remove. It comes off cleanly, but there is more of it than with other mascaras I have used, probably because of the maxi lash formula. I would use it again, definitely. One coat for during the day, and two or three for evening use. Anything to stop me having to form a 'stubby eyelash support group..'

Salter 9201 Glass Memories Electronic Scale, Silver
Salter 9201 Glass Memories Electronic Scale, Silver
Offered by ccconsett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Works well., 14 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is better than the previous Salter scale I've had, which had 3 buttons which you had to mess with. This new scale has got a big display, has four clear numbers printed on the surface (these indicate user numbers, up to four people can store their weights). The best thing this scale has is carpet feet (which are removable). I never use my scales in the bathroom, I use them in the bedroom which is carpeted. This can be a problem with glass scales because they are closer to the floor so the inclusion of feet that lift it up slightly is fantastic.
There's no setting up. You just open the box, pull the tab out of the battery compartment (the battery is already fitted) and stand on it.

Belkin Duratek USB-C to USB-C Premium Charge and Sync Cable, Compatible with MacBook Pro/MacBook/Google Pixel and Other USB-C Compatible Devices (USB-IF Certified), 4 feet/1.2 m - Gold

3.0 out of 5 stars USB?, 14 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this wire thinking i'd be able to charge my Samsung phone but it doesn't fit it. Am I missing something? I don't understand how USB fitting doesn't fit my phone but the connection is slightly too large. Its a shame. The product itself looks great, is robustly built and i was really looking forward to using it.
EDIT: Having looked at my current charger the USB says 'B' on it...i didn't realise USB's came in different sizes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2017 6:04 PM BST

Leitz Style Hard Cover A5 Ruled Notebook - Titan Blue
Leitz Style Hard Cover A5 Ruled Notebook - Titan Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A great notebook, 2 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This notebook is fantastic quality. The cover is a lovely shade of purple and the switching is fine and well done. There's a flap on the inside at the front and at the back there's a printed ruler, a pocket and even some sticky taps so you can find important pages easier. This is one notch above the usual notebook. The paper is a decent quality and the ink doesn't come through onto the page behind. The only thing i've say is that the colour is advertised as Titan Blue but to me its purple.

Scholl Light Legs Compression Tights 20, Den Nude, X-Large
Scholl Light Legs Compression Tights 20, Den Nude, X-Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Too long & too tight, 30 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The idea behind these tights is to compress your legs to increase circulation...but despite these being XL I couldn't get then on. The compression material was just too difficult to get into. Also, the tights were way too long for me. You'd have to be about 5'10 otherwise you'd going to have too much excess material.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20