Profile for simonr > Reviews

Survival in the Killing Fields
Survival in the Killing Fields
by Haing Ngor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Must Read., 6 Sept. 2016
One of the best books I have read. I visited the Killing Fields this year. This is a very harrowing book to read. Its much much more graphic than the movie. Its likely to make most people feel very uncomfortable. The tale is a tragic one too, its very hard to comprehend the horror, and so recent too. I highly recommend this book.

Bentley Garden Furniture 3 Piece Cast Aluminium Bistro Set Table & 2 Arm Chairs
Bentley Garden Furniture 3 Piece Cast Aluminium Bistro Set Table & 2 Arm Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product overall, 6 Sept. 2016
excellent product overall. looks very nice when complete. A bit fiddly to put together, i did it myself and it took more than an hour- many pieces- but they are all like that now. Robust and weatherproof which is good.

The Battlefields of the Somme (Michelin Illustrated Guides to the Battlefields 1914-1918)
by Michelin
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars But if its a detailed specific guide to the battlefields its not useful. Its more like a regular travel book with ..., 6 Sept. 2016
A jumble of non connected information in a very random order. It might be okay for someone who knows nothing and wants to be completely led. But if its a detailed specific guide to the battlefields its not useful. Its more like a regular travel book with some assorted WW1 info thrown in. I found it very hard to navigate or find anything worthwhile.

Bailey 5431 Universal Drain Rod Set in Carry Bag (3 Pieces)
Bailey 5431 Universal Drain Rod Set in Carry Bag (3 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug. 2016
Very good product. Did the job. Recommended.

Framing Marvellous Brushed Pewter Photo Picture Frame - (5x7" pic (8x10" glass) STRUT & WALL, WHITE MOUNT)

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a wooden frame., 23 Aug. 2016
This is not made of brushed pewter. It is made of wood painted silver grey.

HOZER "Ever Ready" Protective Brown Leather Camera Case Bag Cover for Olympus EM10 Digital Camera (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent product. I bought it for my Leica, 16 Sept. 2014
This is an excellent product. I bought it for my Leica. Its made from sturdy solid leather and strong brass fittings. It will last a lifetime and gives a nice retro feel to the camera.

Mike Bassett - England Manager [DVD] [2001]
Mike Bassett - England Manager [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Ricky Tomlinson

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 30 Sept. 2013
In 2013 this film is still very funny. I watched it twice recently and it was funnier the second time. Its better if you are English and know something about the historical references. I agree that there are many nuances and inside jokes. Some are quite subtle so it might be better to watch it twice at least. I think it is in my top 10 funniest ever movies I've ever watched.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but accessories expensive and its cheaper in the US, 16 Nov. 2011
I've had my new wireless kindle now for 2 weeks and I like it. Its light, easy to read, and books download quickly. As a person who has been reading 'books' for over 40 years I was not sure how I would adapt, but its easy to get used to. More and more people are buying them and I can understand why. They are particularly good when travelling to read on planes, trains etc, or for your holiday read. I do have a couple of issues with Amazon though. First in the US, this model is $79, that means its almost half the UK price. Second, the accesories-especially the price of the cover, is ridiculous. 29 pounds for a nylon or neoprene sleeve? I went to a department store and bought a travel wallet that fitted perfectly and it cost me 3 pounds. That's my tip of the day!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2011 8:56 AM GMT