Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit
Profile for Greg D > Reviews

Content by Greg D

Greg D "Greg De Tisi" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Gallery - Modern Masters Vol#1
The Gallery - Modern Masters Vol#1

5.0 out of 5 stars AN IMPORTANT COLLECTION, 8 Sept. 2016
AN IMPORTANT COLLECTION - Why? Back then there were so many wonderful original tracks and many types of moods that were created and each one of these mixes houses a different mood. Sister Bliss comes in with truly twisted yet melodic progressive house that makes you tingle especially when you are off your face. Mark Jones is more of a funk journey but again a twisted version of funk that it great for starting a party night. from altered beginnings to finishing with Tall Paul the DJ who takes you to the next tempo. Hard house that captures the truly warped party goers, pure dance music. I remember listening to this selection many times after partying and whilst we all talked bollocks the back drop of these 3 mixes was perfect. So whether you need a pre-party OLDSKOOL collection, or perhaps an AFTER PARTY twisted conversation this has the goods. A golden selection of classics. Oh and the time I went to the Gallery lost all my friends and ended up in the corner of the club dribbling I was hit by the immense atmosphere there and random strangers helped me and back to the party. Great memories and a great collection of music.

A NIGHT WITH THE KOSHEEN DJ'S
A NIGHT WITH THE KOSHEEN DJ'S
Offered by Books-and-Sounds

4.0 out of 5 stars IT AINT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT BUT IT IS A SOLID MINIMAL TECH MIX, 6 Sept. 2016
IT AINT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT BUT IT IS A SOLID MINIMAL TECH MIX - If you are a Kosheen fan as I am then awesome but you may not digg this? As it happens I love minimal techno so I enjoyed the selection of solid tunes mixed here. Well constructed and chosen tracks. But it is nothing to do with the 'Kosheen sound' just so you know. I guess it is what they would play if you hired these geysers but you won't be getting lyrcis, vocals or melody in the usual Kosheen setting. Your choice, I liked it.

Global Underground 14: John Digweed In Hong Kong
Global Underground 14: John Digweed In Hong Kong
Offered by Andthebeatgoeson

5.0 out of 5 stars LONG DARK AND DIRTY, 6 Sept. 2016
LONG DARK AND DIRTY - Having bought a few of Digweeds mixes recently I am coming to the realisation that he never fails to deliver the goods. You will find no cheesy euphoria on here and whilst that has it's place, this is straight up progressive deep tech. Pure underground heaven with a pacey tempo. I only wish I was there and often imagine how amazing it would have been. Anyways, I can totally recommend this if you are a house lover or maybe it's your first time delving into the likes of GU? Either way, this is splendid place to begin your underground journey. Also look out for Digweed in Los Angeles which is number 19 in the series. Also a blinder. Good work fella!

Solar Spectrums Mixed By Chris Coco
Solar Spectrums Mixed By Chris Coco

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLAR RAYS SHINING DOWN, 2 Sept. 2016
SOLAR RAYS SHINING DOWN Truly a spectrum of chillout gems. Well compiled also. Even though I have a variety of these tracks there were others I have never heard but this is the ultimate chilled album for the summer in my opinion. I have all of the cafe del mar stuff and tons of chilled albums but this comes in at the top. Why? Because the 1st cd has some melodic mid tempo beauties mixed to perfection and keeps you in a state of heightened energy whilst cd 2 brings you downtempo and truly chillin on the beach stylee. All with a spectrum of colour to shine on you. I'd say cd1 is the finer of the two but that's just perhaps becuase I have most of the tracks on cd 2?

Global Underground: Seb Fontaine - Prototype 1
Global Underground: Seb Fontaine - Prototype 1
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars I'M IN! SEB'S NACK FOR TAKING ME ON A TRIP IS AFFIRMED!, 2 Sept. 2016
I'M IN! SEB'S NACK FOR TAKING ME ON A TRIP IS AFFIRMED! This is two cd's of no-nonsense hardish house. With edges of seedy dark hard beats to more deep trance and even twisted tech choices it blends very well in my opinion. One might look at this and see the track 'ATB 'Til I come' and go 'hmmmm this won't be too underground will it?' Well, it will. It's all about how Seb knows how to fuse tracks into a new unique story. What I love about decent DJ's is their ability to take tracks we all know and still weave them into an entirely different movement and mood. That's what he does here. Hard enough but not too hard yet full of twisted character and meaning.

Ministry of Sound: Sessions 8
Ministry of Sound: Sessions 8

4.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY PUMPIN, FUNKY AND SOULFUL HOUSE, 1 Sept. 2016
PRETTY PUMPIN, FUNKY AND SOULFUL HOUSE - certainly uplifts one spirits and so I conclude this is optimistic house music. The kind that livens any party and is perfect on a beach somewhere hot. It will grab your soul and shake you around until you get out of that funk you are in. I keep meaning to collect more in the series but found this in a charity shop for 3 quid and had to grab it. If you digg soulful funky, gospel house get a copy.

Black Sands
Black Sands

5.0 out of 5 stars No question of Bonobo's skills, 31 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Black Sands (MP3 Download)
No question of Bonobo's skills - I remember first buying Animal Magic by Bonobo many years ago after hearing a few tracks on chillout compilations and it immediately resonated with me. Since then I bought his second album and felt that it was of the same level of quality and knew what to expect. When I got this album it shows how Bonobo has evolved. You can hear the essence of his style throughout but also more edgy and quick tempo based vocal sounds to add to his resume. Without losing any quality he has managed to remain original yet push his music to new heights with this album. Percussion heavy and moody whilst being atmospheric it is a cracker.

Global Underground 17: Danny Tenaglia In London
Global Underground 17: Danny Tenaglia In London

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNKY + SOULFUL + TRIBAL = DANNY T HEAVEN, 31 Aug. 2016
5/5 EASY USUAL TENAGLIA CLASS! You always know what to expect with Danny T. He plays mid tempo tribal dark and funky house which builds into more techy sounds as the mix moves. First cd is slower and more soulful and moves along at a nice pace and the 2cd picks up the pace a little as you would expect from the master. He never lets me down with quality and style either as his sounds are unpretentious and up front yet banging and accessible. Another beauty.

Playground Vol. 1
Playground Vol. 1
Offered by Resell MC

5.0 out of 5 stars VOL 1 and could be the best of the series?, 22 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Playground Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
Vol 1 and could be the best of the series? This is more of a lounge chilled selection maintaining a tempo of floating. Lovely mix. To be honest they are ALL lovely and very good quality, well mixed, chill, jazz, nujazz, funk, bossa, house, breakbeat beauties. And this was the last one for me to collect. Boy was it worth the wait. So many beautiful tracks on here from the likes of the great Tosca, Funky Porcini, Deep Dive Corp, LTJ Experience, Gotan Project and many more great producers. DJ GU rocks it with a delicious and delightful mix of the finest chilled lounge underground sounds. 5/5

Freaks & Icons
Freaks & Icons

5.0 out of 5 stars True Underground Ethnic Chill and Funk, 16 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Freaks & Icons (MP3 Download)
True Underground Ethnic Chill and Funk. You cannot really go wrong with this. It's the kind of sounds that warm your soul and can be played anytime anywhere. Ethnic lounge, Chilled funk, funky house, brokenbeats sounds that work. I first heard the track 'Homebase' on a mixed compilation and I was 'in' then. So I started looking at their other stuff and found this lil beauty for £3 in C.E.X. Well worth the money and an easy listener especially on those sunny afternoons and having good friends over.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20