Profile for Greg D > Reviews

Content by Greg D

Greg D "Greg De Tisi" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
How About Some Ether
How About Some Ether
Offered by Smaller World Future

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Fan of this!, 14 Sept. 2017
This review is from: How About Some Ether (Audio CD)
Huge Fan of this! Already a massive fan of Fila Brazillia and Steve Cobby so it was a natural move to get this one. Ambient house fused with minimal clean melodies makes for very pleasant sounds which tickle the soul. Even better than I thought it would be, as I am biased with most Fila B stuff being awesome. This lives up to the Cobby name alongside his other great works such as The Cutler, musical partnerships and his solo work. Bravo! I am staying in today to let this become a part of me.

Fabric18 - Baby Mammoth Beige and Solid Doctor:
Fabric18 - Baby Mammoth Beige and Solid Doctor:
Offered by Global_Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a few baby Mammoth cd's and love Solid Doctor already so it was a kind of ..., 14 Sept. 2017
Some deliciously funky breaks and beats. Worth 2 quid. I have a few baby Mammoth cd's and love Solid Doctor already so it was a kind of no brainer and whilst this isn't as good as those artists productions it's not a bad mix. Starts off mid tempo and builds with some nice dark slamming basslines.

Philtre
Philtre

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem From Nitin, 29 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Philtre (MP3 Download)
A Fantastic fusion of sound and rhythm and another Gem from Nitin. I always pretty much know what to expect when buying one of his albums, and this is no exception. I would say this particular album has more styles in culture and ethnic sounds than any other of his. Indian, Spanish, soul, south American and a sufficient feel of percussion and ambience. Some great vocals and lyrics including that of FINK and more.

Late Night Tales presents Sasha: Scene Delete
Late Night Tales presents Sasha: Scene Delete

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmistakable Sasha Moods With Unexpected Tempos, 17 Aug. 2017
Unmistakable Sasha Moods With Unexpected Tempos - This has the sound and atmosphere one would come to expect from one of the worlds greatest DJ's and producers, but in a very calm and gently mixed soundtrack. I walked past HMV and thought, hmmm they are pretty expensive, but I'll have a little look. For £5.99 I got this, and It was money well spent. Taking you to places you may never have been into forests and landscapes you can only conjure up with thought provoking futuristic ambient music such as this. What I love is it is not forced or rushed just smoothly put together with exclusive sounds. I loved it. get your light off and start dreaming.

IBIZA CHILL
IBIZA CHILL

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 15 Aug. 2017
This review is from: IBIZA CHILL (Audio CD)
To be honest I was driving to Scotland and went to a service station where I needed a CD for the journey. This looked like one of the better ones for the road so I gave it go. It's ok. But the trouble is with MC compilations is they feature great artists at the beginning and then just pack the backend with average tracks. It's not really well put together and the only reason it has 3/5 is because there are some great tracks at the beginning such as Way out West, Mozez and Kosheen. In my opinion you are better off buying something like La Nuit 5 Ministry Of Sound for top quality chill. Or, many of the Hotel Costes series. Or perhaps Cafe Del Mar Ibiza, Cafe Ibiza, OM lounge, OM chill or something with back to back great producers.

Ultra Obscene
Ultra Obscene

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin Original D&B From Bristol 10/10, 31 July 2017
This review is from: Ultra Obscene (MP3 Download)
Just popped into my local St. Peters Hospice In Bristol Gloucester Road and found this baby. Being a Jungle enthusiast and D&B head I saw the Roni Size was on here so took the chance and it has been produced in Bristol so, all good. Well, it has the distinct marks of the Size and DJ Die genius with soulful edgy lyrics and pacey beats. Very good well made sounds.

Ninja Tuna
Ninja Tuna

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Puts the FUN in FUNK! His Greatest Work!, 26 July 2017
This review is from: Ninja Tuna (MP3 Download)
Truly Puts the FUN in FUNK! His Greatest Work. But more than that, Mr Scruff understands beats, jazz, funk, soul and also knows how to develop sounds into unique and beautiful tracks that make you smile. I think this is personally his most accomplished album as it sounds super developed and deeper into beat and soul knowledge I think. I cannot find fault with this at all and will be playing it time and time again. Expect, Dope mid tempo jazzy beats, blips and soulful voices merged to create a sound that could only be the Scruff. I have all of his stuff and recommend getting it.

The Campfire Headphase
The Campfire Headphase

4.0 out of 5 stars More BOC Goodness, 26 July 2017
Personally I liked it, and you can expect more BOC goodness from this beautiful album. I would go as far as to say that my favourite album of theirs stands as 'Geogaddi' - as a complete album it is very special. This is the kind of album that would be amazing played in a dark forest whilst you are on mushrooms and weed. Not suggesting you do that mind you I am just saying it could be interesting. Equally in a remote forest home away from conventional life and people. Yes that would work!

Blueprints by Various Artists (2001-01-30)
Blueprints by Various Artists (2001-01-30)

5.0 out of 5 stars She's A Straight 5/5, 16 July 2017
She's A Straight 5/5 - Having been collecting Nu-Jazz, Breakbeat and soulful house for many years this has to be right up there. From some of the finest producers on the planet comes a blissful mix of some truly fine stylish music. Plus there's a second un-mixed cd which you can mix with and I have mixed with. Well thought through, well blended and highest quality sophisticated sound. It's pretty faultless.

Aquarius
Aquarius
Offered by music_by_mail_uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Not That Great!, 15 July 2017
This review is from: Aquarius (Audio CD)
Not That Great! Some dope beats here sure, but not a cohesive album. And some of the D&B tracks are a little basic for me. I do appreciate the sounds of Compost as one of my favourite record labels and I can happily recommend other works on this label but this particular album has things missing. It's almost rushed or something. Starting out pretty hard there are a series of slamming D&B jazzy minimal numbers and the album slows down toward the end which is a tried and tested concept and works in many albums yet I think this needs re-working a little.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20