Profile for Mirrink > Reviews

Content by Mirrink

Mirrink (Turkey - Norway)

Anticancer: A New Way of Life
Anticancer: A New Way of Life
by David Servan-Schreiber

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent instructive book, 17 Feb. 2011
I think this book has to be read by everyone: doesn't matter if you are sick or not.
The title scares people, i wish it was called something like AWARENESS instead.
The author is a doctor, so he is still for any kind of modern medicine and treatment. But he tells you what you could do to make things easier.
Why doesn't everybody know that we all have cancer cells but not everyone has to get sick? A solid body is less likely to get sick than a week and stressed one.
The authors tells you what you could do to make your body stronger so that these cancer cells do not get "activated". Or if you do have cancer, what you could do to try to make things easier during these difficult times. Do all cancer patience know that green tea or shiitake mushrooms lower the side effects of Chemotherapy?
When my mother got breast cancer, her doctor did not tell us this.
Learn what food does to your body, learn the importance of thing around you and their effect on your body.
I think everyone should read this. For our own good. Some commentators complained about "it does not work" or "how do you know if it works". All suggestions in this book are natural good things. So it really CAN NOT harm to apply them to our daily stressful lives. There is no 100% medical cure for cancer today, but if we can try to make things better in other ways, why not try?

Art of Ratatouille (Pixar Animation)
Art of Ratatouille (Pixar Animation)
by John Lasseter

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, 25 Oct. 2007
very nice art book, with many sketches and pre-production drawings, there are even classical animation poses (even if this is a 3D movie).
very nice inspiration for anyone who likes art.

What's Cooking?: A Cookbook for Kids (Ratatouille)
What's Cooking?: A Cookbook for Kids (Ratatouille)
by Thomas Keller
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars not really a book appealing for children, 25 Oct. 2007
i bought this book cause I thought the inside would be filled with illustrations, same style and quality as the cover one. but there are almost no illustrations! it is all based on photographes of the dishes.
the food they show are nice, and some are even very cute (with funny animal shapes...) but if you were hoping to find a children cooking book filled with illustrations, that teaches to cook easily through nice stylish illustrations, this is not it.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 1 [DVD]
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar

3.0 out of 5 stars such a bad copy, 25 Oct. 2007
I have been a big Buffy fan since it was shown on TV.
I live in Norway and decided to buy them from amazon, as custom taxes are huge here I decided to buy them seperatly and these cheap seasons were so appealing.
I bought them all seperatly and I can say the same thing for each: they are of such poor quality. They look like a bad copies from an other DVD. Nothing is cristal clear. The image even sometimes looks like it is in slow motion... I tried them on my 2 dvd players and they are the same (if not worst on my older dvd player).
I guess this is the price to pay if we want to buy them cheaper?
I think it is a shame.