Profile for paulo_2000 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Motorola Defy with Motoblur Sim Free Android Smartphone - Black
Motorola Defy with Motoblur Sim Free Android Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars childproof!, 30 July 2011
what a great phone, android2.1.. why is that such a big deal? no idea. All I know is that I've never experienced slowdown or a crash. I even let my 8 month old play with it (toddler app, free off the market) and she tries to eat it and use it as a drumstick. I don't have a screen protector and feel that one is really not required as still no scratches.

Highly recommended, especially if you have small children who like to eat phones!

Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Offered by Click For Games UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Old Skool, 16 Jun. 2011
gameplay. don't know what the -ve fuss is all about, I enjoyed it. the loading is not quick, the graphics (for male human characters at least) are a bit 1996, but otherwise.. I dunno. maybe hype or expectation exagerated peoples disappointment?

It would be good if games like cod and halo etc allowed you to interact with the environment as you can here tbh, but then this game isn't really pretending to be serious is it?. Loading times on other games are just as bad/worse but never mentioned. (Mass Effect etc).

Rent it if you aren't sure about buying it.

LG KM900 Arena - Black
LG KM900 Arena - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 17 Jan. 2011
Seems to be a few -ve reviews about this one? some people stating that they hate the company that makes it on the 1st line. I'm sure they give a reasoned review....
I've had one of these for 18months and had very few problems. I've had lots of phones over the years and this one has been pretty good. There arent many bad points really, you get a good camera with lots of settings (its rubbish at night though), a good video camera, mobile dolby (great!), 3.5mm socket, FM transmitter along with the usual stuff. Battery life is good too, and the screen is nice and bright.

I found I ddn't use internet too much, the browser is guff. I downloaded the opera mini one, which is much better.

I had a couple of vids on mine, which played fine, but the phone isn't as good as older LGs when it comes to recognising different formats. Other reviewers go into this in more detail, but not really a problem for me (not really interested in it for a phone).

couple of other things- you get 8GB built in, and there's a micro sd slot for more space. It has a few accelerometer games built in, but in general use I found the accelerometer to be a bit mental, switching me to landscape with the slightest move sideways, but requiring a good shake other times, for example.

High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way
High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way
by Mike Mentzer

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 23 Aug. 2010
Recently got this and it is a decent read. The pictures are a bit much, but these were put in by the co-writer; the author died before it was published. the suggested basic workout routine is very simple. It doesn't look it, but it's very tough too. He provides lots of alternatives too, in case you have injuries etc. There is also an advanced section for people who are already quite large, and a small part to do with weight loss; it is all focused on bodybuilding and competition. Recommended even if you're not interested in, or ever going to compete.

Singularity (Xbox 360)
Singularity (Xbox 360)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars a blast, 8 Aug. 2010
Good game - totally recommend it. It isn't very original to me, but I have been playing games for a while now. Very reminiscent of FEAR, Half Life, and a bit DOOM3- it's enjoyable and one of those you want to play right through in one (very long) sitting. I played it on th hard setting but didn't find it particularly so, still, the story is compelling and single player is a blast.

Multiplayer is great on this game, there is a decent variety of maps but only 2 game-types; thankfully both are very good but not as addictive as the campaign for me.

Only downside to the whole thing is that it auto-overwrites checkpoint saves as you go, so you can't select a mission to play through again for example; when you get to certain sections, the door or area behind you gets blocked off so you can't backtrack for a better weapon or a missed weapon upgrade you saw but didn't get. cough!. I gave 5 * because its the only thing I've played since it came through the letterbox!

**UPDATE!! - there are only 3 maps in 'Extermination' - I thought there were more because they are quite big - they are split into 3 and a new area opens when you activate a beacon.

Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox)
Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox)
Offered by Gateway Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars still scary, 17 July 2010
I recently rediscovered this in the loft - it works on my 360! - awesome!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2011 1:57 PM BST

Rocky Legends (Xbox)
Rocky Legends (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Lang, what do you predict for the fight?, 17 July 2010
This review is from: Rocky Legends (Xbox) (Video Game)
Rocky Legends is awesome - you have 4 career stories to go through in any order - Rocky, Creed, Lang, and Drago. It is compatible with the Xbox 360 and emulation is good (sometimes the boxer intro music doesn't play). There are lots of things to unlock such as minigames, boxers, venues, and all the movie trailers. It's very atmospheric and gameplay is spot on. The slow mo knock out replays are lots of fun in multiplayer bouts too. Only negative for me is that 'eye of the tiger' isn't amongst the music (everything else is as far as I can tell).

Official Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Kit (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tranfer Kit, 17 July 2010
Transfers saves/themes/arcade games/music, but not installed games (you need to re-install them on your new drive). I didn't have any games on demand on my original drive so don't know about those however, any 'xbox originals' do transfer over.

You only need to use this once, so I wanted to sell mine.. but.. there's no 'sell yours here' option? - what gives?.. it's a bit bit wasteful throwing it in the bin, especially considering how many people potentially need one.

*Update - 'sell yours here' button there now.

Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control
Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control
by Kathleen Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 17 Sept. 2009
A difficult read for me as I found it quite dry, a bit like someone's final year report really (though it does not pretend to be an entertaining read). anyway it is interesting, informative and very well referenced.

The most interesting part is that management (in my workplace) use some of the techniques described early on. Whether they are aware of that or not is a different matter.

Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (Xbox 360)
Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by PARTYGAMES UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 16 Sept. 2009
Having just sold Testdrive after playing it for the best part of 2 years, I wasn't too sure about this initially, but it is actually quite good. The voices can be annoying, but in race they are quite funny "hey dude, I'm sure you didn't really mean that" - when you deliberately run one of them into a barrier.

It is taking me a while to adapt to the controls, the vehicles seem kind of loose compared to TD, but there is a lot of variety in the tracks and the vehicles.

Having your avatar hanging form the rear view mirror is pretty cool, though it serves no real purpose.

A slightly disjointed review I suppose; all in, its a 4 star for me all the way however, I am regretting getting rid of TD!

Page: 1 | 2