Profile for jamie4327 > Reviews

"jamie4327"

Down in the Groove
Down in the Groove

4.0 out of 5 stars what a pleasant surprise, 22 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Down in the Groove (Audio CD)
I brought this album at the airport before going on holiday, as being a big Dylan fan, this was one of the few 'in-between albums' I didn't have. I had brought 'World Gone Wrong' a few weeks before hand and was not impressed and expected the same kind of outcome with this album.
But I loved it!!!
I love all Bob's slow songs/ballads and his beautifully sentimental 'when did you leave heaven' and hope-filled yet apocalyptic 'death is not the end' proved to me that no-one can do this sort of thing like Bob can.
And what can i say about 'ugliest girl in the world'? Musically it is a typical 12 bar stomper, but the tongue in cheek lyrics had me in stitches which doesn't happen to me much when I listen to Bob.
I don't think Bob put a lot of thought into this album, and it was written just as a contract filler, but I listen to it knowing it is Bob running at 25%, and enjoy it for what it is. OK, The songs could have been placed a bit more thoughtfully instead of the slow-fast-slow-fast sequence, but i just program my CD player and that sorts this out.
Get it,
it is a fun album,
with a few nice surprises on it.