Profile for J Hodgson > Reviews

Humber Imports Top Grade Teak Classic 1.8 Metre (6 foot) Windsor Park Bench
Humber Imports Top Grade Teak Classic 1.8 Metre (6 foot) Windsor Park Bench
Offered by Humber Imports

5.0 out of 5 stars Was easy to put together and stain, 30 Oct. 2014
Lovely solid bench at an unbelievably low price. I had been looking for a while for a bench similar to this and couldn't find one in my price bracket until I saw this. I was a bit dubious because of the low price but it is a solid hardwood bench. Was easy to put together and stain. Highly recommended.

Flexson Floorstand for SONOS PLAY:1 - White (Pack of 2)
Flexson Floorstand for SONOS PLAY:1 - White (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but really worth every penny!, 30 Oct. 2014
I don't leave many reviews, but when I buy something that is as nice as these stands I feel like I really should. They are absolutely brilliant and look as if they are made by sonos they fit the speakers so well. They are expensive, but if you can afford to pay Sonos prices for speakers then it's a shame to put them on cheap stands ruining the 'look'. The power cable for the speaker runs up the main shaft of the stand hiding it from view. The downside to this is that the already short plug is shortened again so unless this will sit right next to a plug socket you will probably need an extension.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wüsthof CLASSIC Knife block - 9835 Bbeechwood
Wüsthof CLASSIC Knife block - 9835 Bbeechwood
Offered by Stainless-Steel-Styling

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Set, 14 Jun. 2013
This set is absolutely brilliant. The knives are about as good as you are going to get without going into the professional bracket (and paying professional prices!). There is a nice balance to them all, they feel nice and heavy in the hand and the edge is razor sharp.

The knives fit perfectly into the block, which isn't always the case with knife sets. There is also a sharpening steel included which I haven't used yet because they have all kept a fantastic edge even after a couple of months usage.

I will be recommending these to all my friends and family, I am very, very impressed with this set!

My set arrived almost two weeks before stated in the sale, which was a nice surprise. I received an email saying the item was being dispatched and then I received another giving me a time slot for delivery, which is a nice bonus.

Bose ® QuietComfort ® 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose ® QuietComfort ® 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Quality, 8 April 2013
These headphones are a lovely bit of kit. The sound quality is amazing (as you would expect from Bose). They are really comfortable, and the carry case is very nicely made. The only reason for me giving it 4/5 is because of the fact that the headphones only function with the noise cancellation activated. This means that when the noise cancellation battery pack runs out of energy, the headphones are for display purposes only. In my opinion, Bose could have allowed the headphones to be used as standard headphones without the noise cancellation feature enabled, especially for people who use them frequently, it is annoying having to always make sure your headphones are charged up.

Battery for Asus F / P / Pro Series - F52, F82, P50, P81, PRO5D, PRO5E, PRO65, PRO66, PRO79, PRO88, PRO8B, PRO8D
Offered by Battery Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 April 2013
Works well. You wouldn't notice any difference between this and the original ASUS battery and it cost a fraction of the price.

Draper 50621 200mm Tile Cutting Pliers
Draper 50621 200mm Tile Cutting Pliers

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 8 April 2013
These cutters do exactly what you'd expect them to do. They cut tiles quite easily as long as you want to cut in simple straight lines. If you are trying to cut intricate shapes or anything like that then I would look elsewhere.

Silentnight Mattress-Now 7-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, King
Silentnight Mattress-Now 7-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, King

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 8 Jan. 2013
This mattress is absolutely brilliant.

I previously had a mattress that cost me over five times this amount which had become old and needed replacing. My partner spoke to her physio (she suffers from Sciatica) and her physio recommended this silent night memory foam one. I was dubious because of the relatively cheap price, but I was wrong it is brilliant.

To answer a few other reviews, yes, it does smell funny for a day or so (a chemical smell) but it's hardly a big deal.

It arrives wrapped up really small in a bag which you have to cut open, it grows in size quickly, especially in a warm room.

Tall glass coffee mugs 13.25oz, Set of 6.
Tall glass coffee mugs 13.25oz, Set of 6.
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, amazingly quick delivery!, 31 Jan. 2012
These mugs are bigger than the average glass coffee mug which is what I wanted. The glass is thick and insulates well.

I ordered this item saturday morning and it arrived Tuesday morning. Fantastic product, fantastic delivery. Would recommend absolutely.

PIGEON HOLE - 588 CD / 378 DVD Blu-ray Media Storage Unit - Beech
PIGEON HOLE - 588 CD / 378 DVD Blu-ray Media Storage Unit - Beech
Offered by Watsons on the Web

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 4 Jan. 2011
I expected this shelf unit to be better quality than it was, and it was difficult to construct. Would not recommend if you want a solid piece of furniture.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 12:35 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 4 Jan. 2011
I thought this bedside cabinet was an excellent product. It is well made, very thick pine, not flimsy like a lot of these cabinets. It was relatively easy to build, but would probably need somebody with at least a little bit of DIY knowledge. I would definitely buy more items from this range.