Profile for CooperCat > Reviews

Pirate Pete's Potty
by Andrea Pinnington
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for 2 year old, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Pirate Pete's Potty (Board book)
My 2 year old really likes listening to the story and pressing the button to hear the cheer (this gets a bit annoying though!). I'm hoping that it will be a good way to introduce the idea of the potty as he hasn't really shown any interest yet. The only thing which slightly annoys me is the missing apostrophe s as it just says Pirate Pete Potty on the front but this doesn't really detract from the story!

Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 7) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)
Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 7) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as earlier books, 10 Mar. 2015
Not as good as her earlier books which is a shame. The journey the main character, Yelena, takes feels a bit pointless sometimes. I liked the back story for Valek though.

There's A House Inside My Mummy (Orchard Picturebooks)
There's A House Inside My Mummy (Orchard Picturebooks)
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book to read with a toddler when you're expecting a new baby, 10 Mar. 2015
My son really likes this book and has asked for it repeatedly at bedtime. He really likes the pictures and naming the different things he sees. The rhyming story is also nice to read and hasn't become too repetitive yet :)

Sennheiser MM 450 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones but noise cancelling is only ok, 24 Nov. 2011
The noise cancelling is a bit of a disappointment with these headphones because it hisses a little and does not really cut out much noise. If you really want noise-cancelling, go for Bose headphones because they are much better. In my opinion, the sound quality of these is better than the Bose though because it is clearer and you can hear more of the different elements in the music whereas the Bose is a bassier but more muddled sound. The headphones are a tight fit around your ears (I assume for the noise-cancelling to work) but are not uncomfortable. The real selling point to me is the bluetooth because I get all the sound quality without being tethered to my phone so if I need to leave my desk to get something, I don't need to take my phone with me. Being able to answer a call using the headphones, or just pause/skip a track without faffing around, is another real bonus. I thought the talk through function would be a bit of a gimmick but it is actually quite useful when you need to respond to a quick question because it pauses the music and allows you to respond quickly. The headphones are easy to set up and the bluetooth works really well - even if I leave my phone downstairs and I am upstairs. The carry case would have been better if it was a hard shell but it is padded to provide some protection. The headphones seem well made and sturdy and are easy to fold up and store in the case. Battery seems to last for a long time, although I haven't actually timed it. The headphones are also not so big that they look daft (I hope this is true and not just my impression!) so you can wear them at work without feeling self-conscious. All in all, I'm pleased with everything on these headphones apart from the noise cancelling.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes which can be worn all day!, 20 Nov. 2011
I was worried before I bought this item because they don't seem to be stocked in any shoe shops so I wasn't able to try out the heel height. I needn't have worried at all though - they are amazing and I wore them standing up at work all day with no problems (the heels are 9cm high). It is now even better that they are not stocked anywhere because no one else will have them :). As usual with Irregular Choice, the shoebox is pretty and a spare pair of heel tips is included. The boots received a lot of positive attention, especially as they are different but perhaps not as circus-like as some of the shoes out at the moment! All in all I am very pleased with this purchase.

Heroes at Risk
Heroes at Risk
by Moira J Moore
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Dec. 2009
This books sees Lee and Shintaro return to their duties in High Scape to find that people are acting strangely over a new belief in charms bringing luck. Unfortunately, that's just about the whole story as very little else happens as Lee runs around trying to figure out why people are acting so oddly.
I was bored with Lee's constant blindness and complete refusal to believe what is right in front of her (which just got annoying) and the general lack of a meaningful story meant I was reading simply to finish the book rather than with enjoyment.
It's a shame because the other books were interesting and different.