Profile for Nelly > Reviews

Content by Nelly

Nelly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by My Basket

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame but I just cannot seem to enjoy this running watch, 28 Dec. 2014
Such a shame but I just cannot seem to enjoy this running watch. It takes ages to get a network. I have been unable to download my runs and share with my friends, I literally cannot be bothered with it. waste of money, I use my running app instead

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

4.0 out of 5 stars would recommend this book, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
Lovely, would recommend this book, good yarn that kept me entertained on so many levels

Outlander: (TV Tie-In)
Outlander: (TV Tie-In)

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 28 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed this book. Fantastic holiday read. I guess I always hanker after a book as good as Pillars of the Earth and Wirkd Without End and this nearly measures up. I loved reading this on my sun lounger under the Greek sun, at times I struggled with some of the story line. I don't want to spoil it, so I will leave it to you to decide. Do buy and indulge, it's a really great read that will keep you involved. I have downloaded the next book but couldn't get into it, however, I think that's just me and I need a break in between.

The Accident: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist
The Accident: A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist

3.0 out of 5 stars Read it in 2 days, 29 April 2014
Slightly far fetched, lovely twists and turns! Liked the way it bounced along switching between past and present. Sue is very gullible the whole way through, but on a mission and quite rightly! Nasty James, what a rotter! It kept me really going on the train, I wanted to turn the pages as quickly as I could, albeit like I say a bit far fetched!

The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquitaine Book 1)
The Summer Queen (Eleanor of Aquitaine Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Jan. 2014
You can always rely on an Elizabeth Chadwick novel to give you want you want in a book! Never fails! This first part of a trilogy is delicious,it has everything! I love the story telling, I love the history and I loved reading about Alienor, I also loved her character, determination and way that she grew from a 13 year old into a passionate and strong woman. I sailed through this book, I showed every emotion, Louis irritated the life out of me after a while and all his followers! I can't go on as I will end up spoiling it, but really buy this book, it's medieval drama at its best with 2 more to follow! Great

Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive huge novel, 21 Jan. 2014
I'm going to give this a 4.5 star rating, it's not as fabulous as pillars of the earth and world without end, but it's pretty nearly there. Impressive novel, I calculated about 8 main characters, with the war intertwined throughout. I loved it, could not put it down. The only difficulty I ran into while reading was the political narrative, it was fine just a touch hard work. But I carried on reading with avid curiosity, wanting to see how the story ended. You either love or hate some of the characters, for me Ethel and Billy were the stars. If you fancy a huge read, a great plot, some real thought provoking intelligence, get engrossed into this fabulous yarn. Now need to get cracking on the next novel,,,! Another huge 800 plus pages, great!

Salomon Bonatti Women's Waterproof Running Jacket - Medium
Salomon Bonatti Women's Waterproof Running Jacket - Medium

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it really loved it then it split!, 17 Dec. 2013
Literally so disappointed, I ordered my size to begin with, way to tight! Ordered the large, wore it in the rain on a run and the pocket lining split! No reason for that at all! Disappointed to say the least, got a full refund, company were excellent

Of Bees and Mist
Of Bees and Mist
by Erick Setiawan

4.0 out of 5 stars Did I love this or like it?, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Of Bees and Mist (Paperback)
I would say liked it, it got me hooked. I can't place this in my top best reads ever but it's absolutely well worth a read! Mystical, dark, conjured up amazing images! Loved the heroine, loathed the evil mother in law! Buy it, read it, a bit bonkers!

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to give it 4 stars!!, 13 Nov. 2013
I had my hopes up until around the half way point, I really thought it was going to be a thoroughly well deserved 4 star, but all of a sudden it became unrealistic. It just got a bit too out of control. The author really knew her characters, she outlined them so well that I loved, hated, laughed, grimaced in anticipation, shouted at the characters and had a connection with all the quirks of their lives. But the story just went a little too OTT for me. A quick easy few days read, it's not horrible but doesn't live up to the hype.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I think every book lover should read this, 26 Oct. 2013
I liked it, I enjoyed it, I was engrossed. I had watched the subtitled version a few years back. It felt right to start the book, as the hype of Millennium had declined. It is a great novel, the pace was fantastic, I couldn't remember the movie apart from a few little details. But as the crux of the findings unfolded I just felt some urgency, from what I can recall the movie portrayed it better. It was unfolding quickly, it felt a little bit illogical. Read it though, I'm going to start book 2

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7