Profile for Cooper > Reviews

Cooper

AMONG WOLVES: Book 1 in the Children Of The Mountain series
AMONG WOLVES: Book 1 in the Children Of The Mountain series

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 28 Mar. 2016
Excellent dystopian future type novel. At times felt a little slow moving, but overall a very enjoyable read with an interesting, original and unpredictable storyline. I look forward to the next instalment!

Burned: Fever Series Book 7
Burned: Fever Series Book 7

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off! Short, & no storyline., 11 Feb. 2016
This is the shortest of all the books in the series - the final 10% is a kind of glossary of all the characters, places, objects etc in the entire series. What's the point? Presumably if readers have come this far (to the 7th book!) we know who/what things are...

There is no real story behind this at all - while I enjoyed getting to know the side characters a little more, the entire book is just filler.

I felt as though the story was just beginning when the book ended, which was very annoying.

Having invested so much time in the series (and money!) I was left very, very disappointed.

Girl on a Train
Girl on a Train

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "The Girl on the Train", 11 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Girl on a Train (Kindle Edition)
Poorly written, confusing and unrealistic plot - I couldn't emphasise with any of the main characters, and found myself constantly getting annoyed at the characters actions. No one would act like this and it's just frustrating! I'm very annoyed that I paid for this, as I had intended to buy 'The Girl on the Train', and didn't realise my mistake until i'd wasted time reading this.

Ice Age
Ice Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection - a must read., 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ice Age (Kindle Edition)
What can I say... these short stories reminded me of short story collections by Roald Dahl or Stephen King (although the stories in Ice Age are much shorter!). Well written, intense, gripping and consistently eerie, each story left my imagination wondering "what if... just what if?". In particular the first in the collection, Lillies, was original and undoubtedly strange, but really quite excellent. I will be looking for more from this author.

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series Book 1)
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 24 Sept. 2012
I mostly enjoyed this story, but i'm not sure if I liked it enough to get the sequal. The story itself is gripping but not particuarly original, even if you buy into the 'you are my chosen mate and you must love me' type stories. What I mean by that is that the female character doesn't get much choice in the matter! Despite this, I enjoyed it, I thought the characterisation was good, and there were a few compelling background characters thrown in for good measure (and a few laughs). One of the more annoying issues for me was the romanian werewolfs habit of speaking romanian, even when no one could understand him, as well as being confused by modern objects (i'm fairly sure modern day romania has tv, especially if you are the prince of wolves!).

The Tangled Web
The Tangled Web

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chick lit!, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Tangled Web (Kindle Edition)
I found this book for free on Amazon, and as I don't normally have high expectations I was pleasantly surprised. A gripping, funny tale full of drama, that had me almost shouting at the characters as they make a series of bad decisions, cumulating in an unexpected ending. Thoroughly enjoyed this relaxed, easy to read story.

Before the Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves Book 1)
Before the Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A short coffee break romance, 24 Sept. 2012
A short story that could have been developed further. If felt at times as though the author rushed scenes to get to the sex, which was a shame as it had a lot of potential. The tension between the two characters could have been drawn out further before they actually did the deed, and the conflict scenes could have been much more in depth. Unfortunately, It has not inspired me to read the second book.

Captured (The Captive Series Book 1)
Captured (The Captive Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 24 Sept. 2012
A good start to the trilogy with a couple of unpredictable story twists (as well as one or two predictable ones!). The only thing that would put me off buying the follow up is the attitude of the main character, Arianna. After being captured by the vampires and torn away from life with her rebel family, she wanders around in awe of all the pretty art and interior design of her captors house... this seemed a little unbelievable to me, as did her reactions to a couple of other situations. Maybe it's just me, but the characters just were not real enough for me to develop any real sense of empathy towards them. An enjoyable read though.

Blood Singers (#1): New Adult Paranormal Alpha Romance (The Blood Series)
Blood Singers (#1): New Adult Paranormal Alpha Romance (The Blood Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best fantasy books out there, 24 Sept. 2012
I surprised myself with this book. Usually I download these fantasy books involving vampires and werewolves when they appear for free on Amazon, and read them in around 30 minutes. This book was completely different - it had an original story, creative and believable characters, and a good writing style which flowed well. It's not perfect - there are a couple of small errors and in a literary sense it could use a lot of work (sentence structure etc), but it has great potential, and these issues are barely noticeable. It moved me, which is very unusual for these types of novels. It made me sad, it made me laugh, it made me angry, and the author does a very good job at making you see the story from the points of view of different characters, giving you a deeper insight into their motivation and thought process. I highly recommend this book, and am eagerly awaiting the next instalment - and this is a first for me, as I haven't yet come across another book which has hooked me enough to pay for the follow up to it. Excellent read, and a decent length.