Profile for mak > Reviews

Content by mak

mak (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work. Intermittently worked for a few days ..., 31 Jan. 2017
Just doesn't work. Intermittently worked for a few days then stopped working. CHEAP and uncheerful sadly. Going to see if I can return it

Incipio Feather Protective Case with Video Stand for Apple iPhone 5 - Black
Incipio Feather Protective Case with Video Stand for Apple iPhone 5 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slimline protection, 8 Sept. 2016
This is my second one....the first lasted 5 years and kept my iPhones as good as new. The screen film- like all of them- is not worth it but the case is wonderful and very non-slip.
I regularly remove the case to use my armband case and despite multiple on and off its only cracked now after 5 years.

Science in Sport Go Energy Drink, 1.6 kg (32 Servings) - Lemon
Science in Sport Go Energy Drink, 1.6 kg (32 Servings) - Lemon

4.0 out of 5 stars Slippy, 19 Aug. 2016
Just the right size and firmness but a little slippery on a painted wall for massaging my inter scapular area. Great for piriformis on the floor.

Hario Medium Glass Hand Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs, Clear
Hario Medium Glass Hand Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs, Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars the mini is as big as it should go...., 11 Aug. 2016
Works really well but takes a long time to grind 45g beans

MaddAddam
MaddAddam

5.0 out of 5 stars better than I expected, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: MaddAddam (Kindle Edition)
Many reviews were negative but I was keen to see her saga to the finish and once again the new viewpoints gave valuable insights most especially the innocence of the Craker ones being wisely hilarious. I'll miss this world.

Dark Eden
Dark Eden

5.0 out of 5 stars Has everything but romantic love, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dark Eden (Kindle Edition)
A little science fiction, some Bear Grylls, anthropology, action and good ol' soap opera combine to produce a thought provoking exciting and most of all enjoyable read. Its more readable Riddely Walker neoEnglish and Craker like sexual practices and well constructed believable alien world made this my favourite genre book this year

Nikon Coolpix AW110 Camera - Black (16MP, 5xZoom) 3.0 inch OLED
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Camera - Black (16MP, 5xZoom) 3.0 inch OLED

2.0 out of 5 stars Trough of disillusionment, 7 Sept. 2013
I did a lot of 'research' before buying this and eagerly awaited delivery. Unlike lots of rugged cameras the black one I purchased looks like a normal camera which is great.

It had fast shutter time and the wifi was a good trick but not as useful as one would hope.

Photo and movie quality was good but, expectedly, not as good as my canon powershot G series.

Sadly after a few days use I realised I'd made a bad purchase. The camera kept freezing and the only way to unfreeze it was too remove the battery. However this can only be done when its completely dry so I had some days on holidays when I could only use my iPhone as my coolpix was a brick till I could dry it out.

Secondly the view screen was ok indoors and in cloud but was next to useless in even moderate sun and completely useless underwater so I have lots of pics of fish tales and corners of giant clams as I just had to point guess and shoot.

Perhaps there will be a firmware update that'll sort out the freezing but unacceptable in a brand new camera.

The view screen issue needs to be sorted ASAP.

Returned to amazon as soon as I could for a refund.

So disappointed.

The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

3.0 out of 5 stars Like Gatsby himself greatly inflated, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
Listened to this as an audiobook so maybe different but i just couldn't see why it's so highly rated.

It's well written and sets the Jazz age scene well but I suspect the movie may (in this rare case) be better than the book.

Brompton pentaclip
Brompton pentaclip

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, adjustable but overpriced, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Brompton pentaclip (Misc.)
Does what it says on the tin
Allows me to raise my saddle that little bit more as 2 mounting positions.

Gripmaster X-Light Tension Hand & Finger Exerciser - Yellow 3lb
Gripmaster X-Light Tension Hand & Finger Exerciser - Yellow 3lb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to hand and forearm rehab, 19 July 2013
Compact to fit in pocket, easy to hold. Only thing wrong is it's yellow! I started here and just moved up through the ranks to 11lb one

Page: 1 | 2