Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Drake Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Richard D. Bentley > Reviews

Content by Richard D. Bentley

Richard D. Bentley

California Basics Digital Thermometer for Oral, Rectal, Underarm & Axillary Readings in 15 Seconds, Clinically Approved for Baby, Adult, and Children

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and simple product, 4 Sept. 2016
Brilliant product, it does exactly what you need. Not overly complicated

Synthetic Leather Tablet, Laptop or Ultrabook Sleeve for Microsoft Surface Tablet PCs (including PRO, Surface 2, & Surface PRO 2, Dell Latitude 10) and others; by Dockem - Slim, Simple, Professional Executive Sleeve with Microfiber Felt Lining, Also compatible with Touch and Type Covers (Dark Brown)
Offered by Dockem EU

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding product, 9 April 2014
I bought this as I was struggling to find an elegant pouch for my surface pro. There are a lot of functional cases available but nothing as slim or as good looking as this.

On top of this the price is unbelievable and the shipping speed etc faultless.

I have a surface pro 1 with a type cover 2 and it fits it like a glove. it is a snug fit so there is no concern over the tablet falling/sliding out.

Highly recommended!!

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS Vita)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS Vita)
Offered by IDSS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, extremely fun arcade racer, 2 Nov. 2012
I have been playing this game for a while now, and have struggled to put it down. It captures the element of 'just 1 more lap' perfectly. Be it to shave that key second off your lap time to beat your mates best score, or to unlock your next car mod.

For those wondering, this is identical to the xbox 360 and Ps3 version, except the traffic density is less (this can sometimes lead to the city feeling a bit desolate, but at the speeds you end up driving, less traffic is good!) and the graphics have been toned down slightly (the most noticeable is other cars headlights, for some reason appear very pixilated, there were similar issues with explosions/fire in uncharted, so I am guessing some of the vita hardware struggles with lighting).

The other change is there are less cars in a race, in multiplayer you are limited to 4, while on larger consoles you can have 8. This is purely a hardware problem, after all the vita is a portable device.

The core game is very fun and addicting. I was just doing a fast track where the goal was to average at least 120mph and it started with a huge jump, straight through a billboard in the middle of an archway. Landing on a bridge accross the park. 5 attempts in and my personal best is 119.9mph (how irritatingly close is that!) I would be playing right now if I could!

I could ask for nothing more from a handheld game. It connects with Autolog perfectly. Telling me every time I pass a speed camera if a friend has passed it faster, or if I break a billboard if my mate jumped further. This element of competativeness is throughout and can lead to an endlessly fun amount of activities to do.

This is one of my favorite vita games yet, and certainly my favorite racing game!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 10:54 AM GMT

The Climb
The Climb

2.0 out of 5 stars Good singer buy very bland, 18 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Climb (Audio CD)
I'll start by saying I didn't really watch x-factor (saw 2 episodes total) so as for if he deserved to win or not I don't have a clue.

However I have just listened to this single a few times now and have to say I am very unimpressed. Sure he can sing technically well (I will note far better than I can :P :) ), and it is a potentially beautiful song. However his performce lacks emotion, maturity and anything that makes it really 'musical'. As a consequence it becomes boring and an effort not to flip to something else after 30seconds.

There is of course the argument that he is new to the scene, but if I want new music I go down to a local pub that gets local bands to play etc, usually much more entertaining. Buying a cd/downloading I expect a certain level of quality that is lacking here.

So just a warning to people, if you are buying this CD because you loved following him through x-factor and are emotionally attached to whatever his backstory is (knowing the x factor no doubt it has its drama :) ) then fine, you will love this. However If you looking for a beautiful track to listen to and enjoy then I advise looking elsewhere.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hardened Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hardened Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Healthy Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, 26 Nov. 2009
I was a cod4 fanatic, that game gave me months and months of enjoyment now to cod6, a lot to live up to.

the campaign:
very action packed, your heart doesnt slow down from start to finish.
however the story itself is weak, almost an afterthought.
the game is very very short. <5hours on Veteran (also not very difficult, I found parts in cod4 harder on vet)
However I genuinely enjoyed it, which is a rarity from a single player for me nowadays.

spec ops:
my favorite new aspect to the game - great fun for some split screen with a mate. Also some of these missions are alot harder than the campaign as you have to co-ordinate your actions.
All in all very very fun

Multiplayer:
the same as cod4 with new maps, new weapons, new perks, new attachments, also a few new game modes. So far it is great fun. However I am not a fan that IW have put in thermal sites and heartbeat sesnsors, these have detracted from the experience hugely, these give a huge advantage over lower ranked people who dont have access to these yet (or the counter perks).

heartbeat sensor is like a personal UAV for your local vacinity, it means you never have to be scared of a corner again :P and allows easily racking up huuuge kill streaks as unless someones is using a perk to counter this then they can never sneak up on you. So this removes from the twitch reflex shooting that was more prevelant in cod4

All in all this is cod4, with minor additions, IW haven't created a new game here. If you loved cod4 you will like this. If the multiplayer will be quite as fun a few months in is yet to be seen, at the moment I think new attachments could get annoying quickly

Crysis (PC DVD)
Crysis (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars great graphics, enthralling story, 26 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Crysis (PC DVD) (Computer Game)
so I thought id post my comments to try and counteract some of the more negative reviews.

firstly, performance, when I origonally bought this game I was using a 6800gt graphics card and a similarly old system (amd 3200, 1gb ram) and I had heard the horror stories so I ramped everything down on low, first thing to note, low on this game puts many many games high settings to shame, it just becomes 1 of the pack, nothing special, but not bad.

feeling brave I then increased all settings to medium, again this ran just fine. Finally my settings became a mixture of High and medium settings, this is on a machine that is now nearly 4 years old! This ran the game from start to finish, the fps at its worst was around the 20 mark, so playable (everyone has their own opinion on whats playable to them, so thats why I posted the actual low fps figure, most of the time it sat around the 40fps mark).

recently I upgraded my graphics card to an 8800GTS which now makes mincemeat of all DX9 options ( I run in xp) even with my low ram and cpu. fps never seems to drop below 40 with all settings on high.

next gameplay, this game is made by the same people who made far cry, and they have made a similar game, the 1st part of the game is very open plan/tactical based. The 2nd part is fighting crazy aliens. Right here and now ill say if you didn't like far cry, you wont like this!

the suit adds a new aspect to the game, unfortunatly I felt it made sections of the game too easy, ie shoot someone, hide recharge, cloak, move position shoot someone else rince and repeat. However it did mean you could change tactics to add a new level of intrest to a section if you are finding it boring, maybe stealthing in, grabbing someone and hurling them at some one else, before speeding away to cover. This is 1 of the elements that makes this sufficiently different to alot of generic shooters out there.

I see alot of people comparing it to cod4 and unreal tournament and things, this is quite ridiculus, id 1st like to say I own both cod4 and UT3, love them both to bits, but the experience is so completely different to crysis. crysis is all about finding the best way to tactically attack a target, be it a base, or a blockade or whatever

UT3 is of course just a high pased fragging game and cod4 is extremely linear. If you want a run and gun game, this aint it (although you can do that on lower difficulty settings if you so wish) but if you are going round on the hardest difficulty everything becomes much more tactical, you loose your crosshair (having to rely on actually 'aiming' your gun) and can take very few bullets

my 1 disapointment with the game was multiplayer, I cant put my finger on why, but it was just very mediocre, whenever I reinstall this game its for the single player!

overall, this is 1 of the very few games single player I have enjoyed going through a few times now, and 1 of the favoite games I own, up there next to cod4, UT3, Far cry, and the half lifes (1+2+expansions)