Profile for NancyJ > Reviews

NancyJ

Velocity
Velocity

5.0 out of 5 stars An anthology of Sci Fi and Horror stories, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Velocity (Kindle Edition)
You flash all over the universe in these short stories. They are light reading: quick and easy to get through, with enough diversity to keep you interested all of the way. The stories are so different, one from the other, that I was fascinated with what I was reading as well as with the promise of that which would next be delighting me! This book is perfect for what it is designed to be: a series of entertaining, short, diverse, sci fi and horror stories.

Z-WORLD
Z-WORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise!, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Z-WORLD (Kindle Edition)
This book grabbed me and kept me reading to the end. It was totally unexpected in its plot and characterizations and I loved it! I can only hope that there is a sequel sometime soon. The changes brought about by the 'shifting' were unexpected and riveting in their compelling promise of horror or expansion of the senses with no promise of which way one would 'shift'. A wonderful read that I will enjoy again and again!

Extinction (Star Force Series Book 2)
Extinction (Star Force Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars O. M. G.!, 2 July 2011
I can hardly believe that this book, I.M.H.O., was better than the first! It was definitely as good as the first. The characters are fleshed out more and the adventures are stunning in their magnitude. Boy, that was absolutely fascinating and I can hardly wait for the next in the series. In fact, if this author can continue to develop this storyline as it is being developed, I hope that the series goes on and on and on.

Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)
Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 2 July 2011
Wow! What a great story. This storyline draws one in from the beginning and has one hoping for a sequel in the end. I found the book absolutely riveting. The characters are developed just enough to feel a rapport with them but not so much that they become the story when the story lies in the adventure within which they find themselves. I found it to be a perfect balance and I didn't want to put it down. And the best part is that I can reread it at any time because it is stored on my Kindle along with many, many other books. Oh, and all of the books this author has written! I think this author is a gem and I am a fan of everything I have read of this author's so far.

Blood Magic (Haven Series #5)
Blood Magic (Haven Series #5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when you think it can't get any better ...., 2 July 2011
The marvel of this book lies withing the intricacy of it's plot development. Fascinating in it's diversity of characters and characterization, this latest book brings about a clashing of the various cultures that was beyond my expectations. A wonderful read and a great series. I can't wait for the next one.

Dragon Magic (Haven Series #4)
Dragon Magic (Haven Series #4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Whew! Nasty things are happening!, 2 July 2011
Oh, no! What misfortune has befallen the ..., oh. I won't say as it could ruin the story for you. But, wow! Misadventures and fussing and fighting and fuming and .... The series takes a twist, a turn, well, a few twists and turns, into darkness. Love it and enjoy it as I did. Now, I am reaching for another ....

Shadow Magic (Haven Series #3)
Shadow Magic (Haven Series #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, 2 July 2011
I am in love with this series and the characters that appear in it. There are plenty of fae, elves, gnomes, humans and magical characters. Not only are they interesting in their development, there are battles and promises of battles galore. The eeriness of the Wild Hunt and the absolute horror of the blood hound and his jewel, etc, give a depth to the story that takes the series to a new level. Enjoy!

Amber Magic (Haven Series #1)
Amber Magic (Haven Series #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite writer!!!, 2 July 2011
What a surprise! The story seemed to start out slowly but not for long! It soon became an adventure that was totally unexpected. I found myself loving the fact that the book was a perfect length for my consumption with the excitement of the storyline being fleshed out and brought to fruition so entrancingly and the promise of another in the series coming out soon. There are dwarves and trolls and icky river creatures and elves and faeries and witches and such unusual (and even usual) characters that I was turning the pages quickly because of the promise of new adventures each turn. I stumbled onto this author looking for something to read in this category (and cheap) and luckily came upon this little gem. I'm going to look up the other books by this author and add them to my Kindle for future enjoyment.

Sky Magic (Haven Series #2)
Sky Magic (Haven Series #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can hardly wait for the next one!, 2 July 2011
The first book whetted my interest and the second one peaked it! The adventures of these River folk and the various denizens of the woods and fae lands are intriguing and unexpected enough to bring a smile to my face just when I thought the story wouldn't live up to my expectations. This is an amazingly interesting and fun book that I couldn't put down. I love being able to get through a book in the time I have rather than having to wait until I could find time later to finish it. I hope this series goes on and on. I am a real fan.