Profile for ooh a parcel!! > Reviews

Content by ooh a parcel!!

ooh a parcel!! "gamefest" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Classic House
Classic House

2.0 out of 5 stars Most definitely all gone Pete Tong......., 11 Feb. 2017
This review is from: Classic House (Audio CD)
....... having read other reports I can honestly say the only reason why it is doing so well is because it is endorsed by Pete Tong. Love the idea of an orchestral move, hoping it would enhance the originals, something like the fab album that Metallica did, that was stunning. This however just seems to be a cover version of lots of our favourite dance tracks, one of my all time tunes is 'Good life' but this is not a patch on the original by Inner City. And where was Pete Tong when this was being produced, did someone play it down the phone to him and he waved a dismissive hand and say yeah yeah whatever? What I was expecting was the original tunes with production over of an orchestra, but I am disappointed. Buy this if you are not bothered by receiving second best music, but I would stick to finding an album with all of the originals on, I'd better start looking.......

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do you remember...., 1 Feb. 2017
Do you remember the first tomb raiders?... do you remember the silence with just the footsteps, the tap of the bongos in the background for suspense, the sudden bear or wolf? The puzzles, chasms, clues, health packs, swimming under water, the tombs, the treasure, Indian gods springing to life, T-Rex's looming out of the dark, the adventures and achievements!!??!!! Well forget this game as it's nothing like that.... So now anybody playing a game these days is a sad drone who just wants to kill people and blow up vehicles. For me this is so disappointing, my hubby bought me the PS4 thinking he was doing the best thing in the world, he watched me trapped in the previous PlayStation worlds and believed this would be amazing. I so miss the brain teasing puzzles and the suspense, the heart thumping moment when the T-Rex comes from no where, fighting Shiva in the abandoned temple, scouring for clues and keys. This is just mindless escape from somewhere, fight and kill someone, use bow and arrow to kill a Deer (to eat? Lara never ate!) and it's just not gripping.
I can't be arsed to finish the game as it's so boring, and there's nothing like the original tomb raider out there so PS4 have sold another unit to some unsuspecting sap who actually used to enjoy playing games but who now thinks knitting may provide more excitement.....

Quality Ballpoint Pen Refills, Cheap but Long Lasting, 12 Pieces, Medium Point, Black Ink. Fits Parker Ball Pen Too. G2 Style Refill Made in Germany
Offered by ONLINE UK SELLER LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars They're good but..........., 10 Oct. 2016
I guess you get what you pay for. I found them smooth and more than suitable, occasionally stuck when pressing pen top on or off so that was annoying when you got ink all over you. But what I found was they didn't last long, to be fair I use my pen to draw when working so when designing or sketching they only lasted on average 3 days, and I've only just purchased them and have already got through 3 refills. I do use my pen a lot but was hoping they would last longer, but if you are after a refill for the occasional post it note or to sign a letter then they are fit for purpose. A good stop-gap while you wait for the 'proper' ones to arrive from China...........

FENIFOX Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo, Ultra-thin with Mute Keys Portable Compact for PC Laptop Mac Windows (Silver)
Offered by Joinhom

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool but not for everyday use., 13 Sept. 2016
I purchased these and was so pleased with them. However I used them for work and as I work on CAD, photoshop and sketchup the mouse wheel wore out very quickly - within a month - so I couldn't use it and had to buy another mouse which had a separate dongle and therefore used 2 ports on the laptop. Now, today, my keyboard has stopped working. I've replaced the batteries but it has died. I'm quite sad as the set was cool and fit for occasional use, but not fit for regular work use. I now have to purchase another keyboard after only 3 months, so I'm a little annoyed, but on the whole it's a good product.

Liveryman Harmony Battery Clippers
Liveryman Harmony Battery Clippers

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I needed..., 18 Oct. 2015
Will not touch Liveryman again. I have a 16.2 horse, planned to give her a trace clip, got one side half done and the blades blunted - she's a sports horse and it was early season so she didn't have a thick coat. The set comes with 3 sets of blades so had to change to the finer blades which also blunted in no time, so i was left with an unfinished horse that looked like she'd been chewed by a badger... I contacted Liveryman and explained things, asking if they could swap the blades or at least sharpen them for me but never received a reply, ever. I sent the blades away to be professionally sharpened but they were sent back saying they were not able to do them as not a good quality. They were a complete waste of money, I sold them to a woman who wanted to use them to clip her working spaniels, lucky to get 50 pounds for them. I didn't buy them through Amazon to be fair, I just don't want others to have the problems i did.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars had high hopes, 26 Sept. 2012
I loved the look of this bag and thought it was time to get rid of my old briefcase of 20 plus years. When it arrived it had glue all over the handle which made it look dirty, before I put anything in it I noticed that one of the magnetic straps did not locate properly, so when I put my papers and pens inside (not a laptop) and held the handle the flap popped open as the magnets weren't strong enough. Shame as I liked it, but it wasnt fit for purpose, so I sent it back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2012 9:27 PM BST

Jumping With Confidence Confident Rider Hypnosis CD
Jumping With Confidence Confident Rider Hypnosis CD
by Sharon Shinwell Dip.Couns Dip.HP MNRHP.CCC
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!, 23 Sept. 2012
I should have posted this a long time ago, I have never got round to giving it the credit it deserves.
I became terrified of my new horse, she was more than capable of jumping and I knew I had to raise my game, but I wasn't convinced I could do it so we ended up in a spiral of trying and failing. I knew I was ruining her confidence so had to do something. I bought this and listened to it, the time flies by and there's gentle music helping you through it; then specific pressure points that you can use with your fingers in place on the reins which when you compress your hands as you ride trigger calming chemicals in the brain. The cd helps you to visualise the line to a fence, to face the fence, picture yourself approaching the fence and then successfully landing and clearing it, facing and overcoming any fears. I listened to it at work, put it on my ipod and listenend to it in bed and went to sleep with it on too. I found that within a very short time i wasn't worrying about jumping and whilst I was nervous I was more excited. My mare and i have gone on to compete very successfully, enjoying local shows and regularly being placed. Not amazing heights but bigger than i thought I could do and my mare loves it. I really recommend it. Keep an open mind and anything can be achieved.

Emmerdale: Paddy and Marlon's Big Night In [DVD]
Emmerdale: Paddy and Marlon's Big Night In [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dominic Brunt
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 9 Jan. 2012
Having watched Emmerdale Farm and now Emmerdale over the years, this comic duo are the best things that the programme have ever produced. This film is surely masterpiece; some of the funniest parts are the fight to get out of the door, the velcro hat scene at the table, Paddy's 'Munter' at the club, and the dance scene! A real chance to see these characters for more than 10 seconds at a time on any week day, their dynamics and relationship to each other makes you feel like you know them personally. It is a believable plot and one that unravels with very humorous scenes - where did baby Leo go? Who has him? Why is Paddy dressed as a police officer, and why are they both handcuffed to the radiator..........?

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [DVD]
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gemma Arterton
Offered by Jasuli

1.0 out of 5 stars what a load of rubbish.........., 7 July 2011
Unfortunately I am a HUGE fan of the games and have them all to date, and was soooo looking forward to the film. Understanding that the game would have a very minimum amount of people in it as they were all killed and the Prince had to use the sands to turn back time, I thought at least the film would follow the rudiments of the game. NO. What a load of rubbish, such a convoluted story line, difficult to follow, boring, and not a patch on the games. Usually the game follows a film and is poor, this was so bad I dont know how it was released - except to tempt fools like me into buying it. Save your money, stick to the games, I turned it off and watched the end of Coronation Street. mmmmmmmmmmmm
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2011 6:07 PM BST

Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD Dixie

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 10 Jan. 2011
Got a DS for xmas, haven't played the Prof games before and am surprised at how slow they are, I am fed up with the constant chit chat between the two of them - stop yapping and let me get on with the game. The puzzles are ok, bit hit and miss with the difficulty. More chat than puzzles, very frustrating and disappointing. May suit some people and many may be used to this and expect it, but if you want a game that flows then this isn't for you. Oh - and if that boy's face condescends with disappointment once more as I get the puzzle wrong - I shall scream!

Page: 1 | 2