Profile for dobster > Reviews

Renegades
Renegades
by Shaun Hutson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmm, 16 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Renegades (Paperback)
Hmmmm indeed after reading some of the other reviews....
Not my fave SH book, but...awsome.
Yes there is more than one plot afoot here folks, and yes you jump from one to the other with the slickness that one has come to expect off the keys of shauns keyboard...but settle down and get on with it and stick to it, because, as per usual...it is blinking brill. Sheesh, I love this guys work....
The hero (?) is a Mr Doyle and if there is anything wrong with the book, it is that this guy is too much of a guns blazing, taking the world on type of bloke! But this aside...read it read it read it....if you find that this book is a load of pants...then shame...but before you bannish it to the "pre owned" section of amazon...I BEG YOU to flick to the end and read the prologue....if this doesn't send a shiver or two down your spine EVERY TIME you think of it, then I dont know what will!!!!

Complete Cookery Course: Classic Edition
Complete Cookery Course: Classic Edition
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT!!!!!, 27 Oct. 2002
Having read the reviews on this page, I agree with most of the comments. I too have had problems with a few recipies in regards to timing and oven temp etc etc etc, but as you cook more and more, you kind of get a feeling for things such as temp and time and these problems lessen!
I consider this book to be the pride of my collection!!!
It was bought for my wife many moons ago when it was first released. Since then, my interest in cooking has increased, and I have to say that I use recipies from this book all the time. Despite a few wobbly moments (see previous comments), on the whole the recipies are clear and easy to follow, and there are some real good tips on preperation, on buying produce and on equipment.
I enjoy Delia's style of writing and her opinions regarding food and others recipies! She is a traditional cook and seems to encourage the use of Lard in just about everything (heart blockage on the way!), but the results are fantastic!!!
While I use many cookery books, this is by far my favorite as it has proved useful as a beginer and now as a slightly more experienced cook!!! I can only recommend that you people out there purchase this book!!!

Assassin
Assassin
by Shaun Hutson

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaun Hutson at his very very best!!!, 15 Dec. 1999
This review is from: Assassin (Paperback)
I am an avid reader of Shaun Hutson, but this has to be his best ever. It is one of the most goriest books that I have ever read, but the pages kept turning, I had to know just what was going to be the fate of the next person in all the blood soaked grey matter detail!!!! Yes it is worth pointing out that this is out and out horror, but the suspense that Hutson builds just makes this a must for any collection, perhaps best kept out of reach of any young prying fingers though (lol). I am now on my fourth copy of this book, I have lent it out to people (sorry Shaun) and never had it back...that is how good it is!!! Buy it, you will never find a book that instills fear of the dark quite like this again!!!