Profile for Kenneth F. Mcara > Reviews

Content by Kenneth F. Mcara

Kenneth F. Mcara "Kenneth F. McAra" (Dundee, Scotland)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Caraselle Banana Guard
Caraselle Banana Guard

5.0 out of 5 stars A lunch-time conversation piece!, 22 Feb. 2012
I didn't think I'd find myself writing a review for this product, but you just never know, do you?

I'd gently mocked this kind of item until I was given one for a Christmas present. I thought I'd better try it out and - being the sort of chap who takes a banana to work for his lunch - was impressed by how well it works.

The hard, hinged shell stops the banana getting bashed, squashed or dented in your bag/case and the holes allow the air to circulate, stopping the banana becoming uneatable if left in your bag for a few hours (or even longer). A definite improvement over letting the banana take its chances in your bag, or putting it in an airtight bag or box.

I've not yet found a banana which doesn't fit it, and would highly recommend it at this sort of price. It's available in some upmarket stores for much, much more.

Just be prepared for some frankly unrepeatable comments from your colleagues until they get used to it. At least the conversation never flags!

Eddingtons Banana Guard

Offered by Cooking Marvellous

Banana Armour
Banana Armour

5.0 out of 5 stars A lunch-time conversation piece!, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Banana Armour (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy pieces, 20 Feb. 2012
There are a number of different variants on this set, but the mechanism is the same, all that really changes is the colouring. These are salt and pepper mills which sit well in the hand and are efficient and effective when grinding the contents. There's a different mechanism in each of them and it is possible to alter the fineness of the grind by loosening or tightening the nut at the top.

I was surprised to find that Peugeot have been making this kind of item -along with motor cars - since the 19th Century, but really like this...and they look great!

Peugeot Tahiti Duo Ete Pepper and Salt Mill Set, 15cm