Profile for Mo Foster > Reviews

Enormously enjoyable illuminating

The Generation Game
The Generation Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
Nice read with insights into odd family life in all its oddities.

Us
Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Us (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read tender & very funny/ with sadness too.

Still Alice
Still Alice

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written & moving but suggest that if you are ..., 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Still Alice (Kindle Edition)
Well written & moving but suggest that if you are over 70 it is a little depressing & I stopped reading as I recognised symptoms I had in common with Alice!

Daughter
Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book with a superb plot that kept me totally ..., 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Daughter (Kindle Edition)
An excellent book with a superb plot that kept me totally engrossed I would recommend it for anybody who likes excellent characterisation of teenagers in particular. Thanks Jane I was sorry when it ended.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book enormously as much for the insights into ..., 1 Oct. 2014
I liked this book enormously as much for the insights into black life in the past as for the interesting material about cancer.
was not surprised at the hideous unfairness of the treatment of the family Lack.

Julian Corkle is a Filthy Liar
Julian Corkle is a Filthy Liar

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book it is funny, 26 July 2014
I loved this book it is funny , perceptive and has super twist at the end - just when I was giving up hope for our poor protagonist he achieves his dreams. Phew! I came away wanting more -always a sign of a very good read. I especially like the sister whose deviance went under the radar of the ghastly father, i felt this was a nice ironic twist.

Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard

5.0 out of 5 stars when she came to realise her own limitations I felt a little sad for her, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Kindle Edition)
This book is riveting in fact as I came toward the end I 'saved' it fora special time. Louises' knowledge of court procedure is comprehensive - it seemed to trundle on without our heroine - and i saw her as a heroine. Her actions were brave and transgressive. I came to admire her and understand her I think. Finally, when she came to realise her own limitations I felt a little sad for her, Thanks Louise Doughty for a fascinating book...

The Urban Circus (Bradt Travel Guides (Travel Literature))
The Urban Circus (Bradt Travel Guides (Travel Literature))

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book that mad ean unadventurous woman long for Mexico, 29 May 2014
I loved this book that is superbly written with style and had me in raptures about the freedom.Partly I'm sure in spite of or because of my own love of a good bed & good food. How brave she is & how did she tear herself away. I got an inkling of the Mexican frame of mind too - allowing oneself the freedom to be without the trappings that I, for one, feel I need. it even made me question my own trappings. I hope Catriona went back - though nothing is ever the same - i feel she found her self there!

Crazy Salad & Scribble Scribble (An Omnibus)
Crazy Salad & Scribble Scribble (An Omnibus)

4.0 out of 5 stars A look back into a shared feminist past, 29 May 2014
I liked Norah Ephron and do still though i found parts of this book over egged and rather too long but a good read.

Page: 1 | 2