Profile for strewth101 > Reviews

King of Shaves 15ml Sensitive Shave Oil
King of Shaves 15ml Sensitive Shave Oil
Offered by The King of Shaves Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 3 Feb. 2017
I've been using KoS oil for years. Less messy than soap or foam and easier to see where I'm shaving. trale a lot so it's also a more convenient size. Used with a decent razor and a magnifying mirror for a close, smooth shave. No rashes or burns. Perfect.

Transcend SD/MicroSD USB 3.0 Card Reader - White
Transcend SD/MicroSD USB 3.0 Card Reader - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Inflation?, 27 Oct. 2016
Works fine on USB3. Pretty cheap at £6, though I notice it's a lot more expensive now.

Divoom Voombox Travel - Red
Divoom Voombox Travel - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Screaming feedback on my phone. Ouch!, 27 Oct. 2016
Really impressed with the sound quality of this device. It uses passive bass, so if you put it on a wooden table, it sounds great. However, if I answer or try to make a phone call on my Nokia 101, the phone makes a horrible feedback noise. Even when the speaker is off. Even when the speaker is at the other end of my flat, some 15m away, out of bluetooth range.
I've emailed Divoom. I'll update this review if they offer a solution.

Further to last review... I've now had the Voombox for around four months. It now disconnects from my laptop and/or turns itself off every few minutes. Disappointing because the sound quality is very good, considering the price. It's going in the bin and I'm asking for a Minirig for my birthday.

Snopake Zippa Bag S A5 225X190mm Pack Of 5 Files
Snopake Zippa Bag S A5 225X190mm Pack Of 5 Files
Offered by Morgan's Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally multi purpose and cheap as the proverbial., 25 Sept. 2016
Hard wearing. Colourful. Fantastic for backpacking; I took two, packed with paperwork, laptop charger etc, for a six month trip to Central America and they're still intact.

Combination wall-mounted key safe/compact safe for securing your keys and sharing access - Grey; 20 cm
Offered by Solon Security

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughly recommended., 25 Sept. 2016
Secure and easy to use. Put it somewhere discreet. Great for rental properties so tradespeople can get access. I've had three of these installed at various properties for over a year and there have been no problems.

Jerrybox Fogless Shower Mirror with Lock Suction-Cup,Perfect Fog Free, Shaving Adjustable Arm for Easy Positioning
Offered by Jerrybox UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 25 Sept. 2016
Very disappointed. Reviews state battery operated illumination and heat. These reviews are probably not the fault of the seller (more likely Amazon's) but the mirror I received is not worth the money I paid. If it has magnification, it's barely discernable.

Casio Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Strap MRW-200HB-1BVEF
Offered by Watchnation

2.0 out of 5 stars Very ugly watch., 22 Sept. 2016
Bought for the strap only, as a replacement for my similar but infinitely better looking MRW-200H-1BVEF (pictured). I could probably use the battery too.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Summit RV-15 Convex Spot Mirror, Large
Summit RV-15 Convex Spot Mirror, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd definitely recommend., 8 Sept. 2016
Cheap and cheerful. Bought for our LHD motorhome. I got used to checking both left and right, convex and standard mirrors very quickly. Great for seeing my blind spots on the motorway.

Panasonic ER-GN30 Nose, Ear and Facial Hair Trimmer (Wet/Dry with Vortex Cleaning System) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, I'd recommend., 8 Sept. 2016
Works well with ear, nostril, eyebrow hair. I've owned it well over a year and it's still going strong. It doesn't remove the hair completely, but leaves a tiny stubble-like hair stump. And it can be a bit hit-and-miss when unseen, up my nostril. But the ability to use water to clean it is good. And the battery lasts a long while.

Kingston 128 GB DT101 G3 USB 3.0/2.0 Flash Drive - White
Kingston 128 GB DT101 G3 USB 3.0/2.0 Flash Drive - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed., 8 Sept. 2016
I wanted to use the 128GB version of this memory stick for Time Machine back ups for my Macbook Air. But it wouldn't format properly. And despite being USB 3.0, it seems quite a bit slower than my old USB 2.0 version. I doubt it'd be much good as a bootable drive. But it's handy as an off-site, 2nd back up of documents, movies etc, just in case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6