Profile for Aislinn > Reviews

Aislinn

Le Parc: Ballet De L'opera De Paris [DVD] [2012]
Le Parc: Ballet De L'opera De Paris [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Paris Nat'l Opera Orchestra

5.0 out of 5 stars Laurent Hilaire and Isabelle Guerin are superb!, 20 Feb. 2014
As the story unfolds, beautifully choreographed to the music, you are transported to the dream world of Le Parc. Paris Opera Ballet's finest etoiles convince you of their affair set against a dramatic back drop which never detracts from what's happening on stage. It is Sublime.

The Real Nureyev: An Intimate Memoir of Ballet's Greatest Hero
The Real Nureyev: An Intimate Memoir of Ballet's Greatest Hero
by Carolyn Soutar

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Nureyev, 2 Nov. 2013
I have just re-read this book and was delighted to find it as entertaining and interesting as when I first read it back in 2009. I was immediately transported to the unglamorous, often unappreciated backstage area of the theatre, to imagine those people who work so hard - especially so at the Coliseum which is a huge, but glorious theatre. And of course to the endless rehearsal time in the wings that Rudolf Nureyev was famous for in his bid for perfection in performance. Thank you Carolyn - or should I say "Caro-line" for writing this book about your friendship and professional relationship with Nureyev. I loved it and definitely recommend it as a good read.

Dancer's Dream: La Bayadere [DVD] [2009] [2011]
Dancer's Dream: La Bayadere [DVD] [2009] [2011]
Dvd ~ Minkus

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Insight, 5 Mar. 2011
Rudolf Nureyev's La Bayadere production is my absolute favourite ballet! It is sublime. The Dancer's Dream documentary is a fascinating insight into the staging of the production. I thoroughly recommend this to all lovers of the art of ballet. I am slightly confused by there seeming to be 2 DVDs of Dancer's Dream La Bayadere though. But I'm happy with this version.

The Sleeping Beauty [DVD] [2001]
The Sleeping Beauty [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Manuel Legris

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Production, 5 Mar. 2011
Just as I hoped and expected - this is Paris Opera Ballet at its very best! Rudolf Nureyev - genius - what an influence, his choreography, his vision. A very special and beautiful production which I am happy to add it to my DVD collection next to La Bayadere and Romeo and Juliet! A must buy for all lovers of the art of ballet!

Rudolf Nureyev: La Bayadere [DVD] [1994] [2001]
Rudolf Nureyev: La Bayadere [DVD] [1994] [2001]
Dvd ~ Rudolf Nureyev

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh so beautiful production........., 13 Feb. 2011
For me this is the ultimate version of La Bayadere! The most beautiful, wonderful La Bayadere I have ever seen. Still, after all these years there isn't anything to compare. Paris Opera Ballet at their best. The production is awesome, I could write an essay, but recommend you buy it and see for yourself! This is Rudolf Nureyev's gift to us. Enjoy!

Swan Lake: Wiener Symphoniker (Nureyev) [DVD] [2005]
Swan Lake: Wiener Symphoniker (Nureyev) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Rudolf Nureyev

5.0 out of 5 stars A slice of 60's culture, 21 Feb. 2010
I love this version of Swan Lake. Nureyev with his over the top stage makeup, blue eye shadow, fushia lipstick looking as beautiful as Marilyn Monroe, and Fonteyn now aged 47, her haunted black eyes and bony face expressing every emotion. Every time they danced together it was beautiful and magical, they created the "otherworld". I don't think you can compare this version with modern productions, there is no point! The only part I don't like is when Siegfried drowns at the end.........but then I'm a true romantic and like a happy ending!