Profile for Deb > Reviews

Content by Deb

Deb (Shropshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
VicTsing 3 IN 1 Desktop Dual OTG USB Data Sync Charger Charge Charging Cradle + Spare Battery Charger Slot Dock Stand Docking Station Holder For Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N9100(Case Compatible-No Need To Remove Your slim-fit Case when it Charge)
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with the cradle and even more pleased that my ..., 6 April 2015
As a new owner of a Samsung Galaxy note 4 I was looking for a stand and charger for my new phone and after reading previous recommendations - chose this one.

I am very pleased with the cradle and even more pleased that my phone fits in it with the Samsung cover on so I don't have to remove this each night.

I have not used the spare battery spot at the back, as I am still waiting for the spare battery to arrive, but I have no doubt that it will work fine.

Nice that it ships with a lead - I have had chargers for previous phones ship without a lead - which is most frustrating when you need to charge in different places, home, hotel, caravan , work etc - so bonus point for this inclusion.

Highly recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX100
Photographer's Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX100
by Alexander S. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal book to get the most out of this little power horse of a camera., 6 April 2015
As a new owner of the Lumix LX 100 - I felt I needed more instruction than the flimsy little pamphlet that comes in the box and found this book. Its the perfect accompaniment to the camera.

I had had the camera 2 weeks before I bought this book but even in the first introductory chapter I learnt new things! This is a little power horse of a camera and with all this extra knowledge gleaned from this book - I am confident that I will be able to get the most of the camera and see an improvement in my photography skills.

The book itself is very pleasing. The paper is smooth. The fonts and ink colour clear to read. Writing style friendly and informative and most importantly - the pictures in the book are in colour!

I am have not finished the book yet as I keep going off to practice what I have learnt / discovered in the book - but have no hesitation in recommending this book - in fact I think it is an essential piece of kit for LX100 owners!

The Lake District - Helvellyn with Mark Richards (DVD)
The Lake District - Helvellyn with Mark Richards (DVD)
Dvd ~ Terry Abraham
Offered by outdoorsindoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful DVD, 6 April 2015
I bought this DVD for a friend's birthday present as we are planning to climb Helvellyn in September. The DVD is wonderful! Great photography and very inspiring and we can't wait for September to come around so we can experience this great fell too. Highly recommended DVD.

Anker® High Definition (HD) Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product!, 6 April 2015
Excellent product! Works perfectly.

I own a lot of Anker products, but this was the first screen protector that I had purchased from them - but as with all their products I have not been disappointed - in fact I am very pleased.

The instructions were very clear and the protector went on easily without difficulty and no air bubbles. I have found no trouble using the stylus with this on. And I have peace of mind that the gorgeous screen on the Note 4 is protected!

Samsung Cover Case for Galaxy Note 4 - Blue
Samsung Cover Case for Galaxy Note 4 - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cover for Note 4, 6 April 2015
Adding my name to the band of happy Samsung Note 4 owners.

I am delighted with this cover for my phone. I have owned a Samsung Galaxy Note 1 and 2 and 3 and now 4 and with this cover my phone feels safely protected, but slim at the same time.

And quite importantly for me it does fit into a charging cradle with this cover case on. With previous phones I have had to remove the case each night to charge which is a bit of a faff - but not now!

I ordered the blue colour which is stunning, but I can still see the nice glossy white of my phone at the front.

All in all I think this is a perfect case for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2015 11:32 PM BST

Ultradex Wire Free Intredental Brushes
Ultradex Wire Free Intredental Brushes

5.0 out of 5 stars an essential bit of kit!, 27 July 2013
I always thought that regular brushing with my electric toothbrush was all I needed - but it isn't!

My gums have never really improved since pregnancy and my dentist suggested I try brushes as I did not get on well with floss. So with a little scepticism I did and I was amazed at the amount of stuff these brushes removed from in-between my teeth even after a 2 minute toothbrush clean. At first my gums felt sore when using the brushes and they bled ( a sign of gum disease) but I persevered and after about 2 weeks my gums began to improve. They no longer bleed, it not longer hurts to use the brushes and more importantly my gums look and feel hundred times better!

These brushes are easy to use and are well made - I have confidence in the quality of them. The difference that they have made to my oral health is amazing.

I bought Ultradex brushes because of the other products made by them - I started off looking for alcohol free mouth wash and came across this brand. So I now have an excellent routine of brushing my teeth with my electric toothbrush, then extra cleaning with these brushes and then a good rinse with the mouth wash. It only adds an extra 5 minutes to my morning and evening routines - but the benefits are very welcome.

Post-it Z-Notes - One each of Neon Rainbow Yellow, Green, Purple, Pink, Orange - 100 Sheets Per Pad - 76 mm x 76 mm (Set of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Mar. 2013
I bought this Post it Z notes to go in the bright red apple dispenser which I bought as a present for some girls from work. They love the apple and these post it notes which work beautifully in it. I am sure that I will be buying some more when they run out.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book!, 5 Mar. 2013
What a great book- it had me hooked right from the first page!

The book has a very original title and I found the style of writing to be very original as well. It made a nice refreshing change. I chuckled all the way through the book - how did the author come up with such creative ideas?

This is one the best books that I have read in a long time and recommend it to anyone looking for an entertaining read.

I don't usually read modern fiction but this book was only 20p on my Kindle so I thought that I had nothing to loose by paying this little for the book - but it turned out to be the best 20p I have spent in a long time.

Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black)
Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 5 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my son for his Nexus 4 and he is very pleased with it. It fits the phone very well and looks as if it would definitely protect it if it was dropped. Delivery from USA was faster than expected. All in all a very good product. Highly recommended.

Samsung Galaxy Camera - White (16MP, 21x Optical Zoom, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS) 4.8 inch HD Touch LCD
Offered by UK Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I expected, 8 Jan. 2013
I hate to write a less than glowing review about a Samsung product as I am a real Samsung fan boy - but I really have to be honest and am slightly disappointed with this camera.

I love taking photos and own a Panasonic compact camera, a Panasonic bridge camera and a Nikon D90 DSLR - all of which I am happy with. I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone and this phone takes amazing photos so I was expecting a Samsung camera to be as good as my phone - but it isn't! ( I see another reviewer also prefers his Note 2 phone to this!)

I had high expectations for this camera - hoping that it would replace my DSLR on my hill walks, save having to carry the huge camera about in my rucksack and give me the extra zoom that I have not got on my Note 2 phone - but no I am still taking them with me because I am not happy with this camera.

The 3 mains let downs for me are:-

1)- NO HDR function. This is present on my Note 2 phone and I use it on most of my landscape shots and it is great and I presumed that it would be available on this camera, but it is not. So I find myself having to use my phone when I want HDR shots. I know that this is not a function that everyone wants - or even knows about, but once used it is so hard to live without and one that really should have been included in the Smart option. I really hope that Samsung can do a software upgrade to include this.

2) -The battery life is not good and I have had to order 2 more extra batteries to take out with me on my hill walks as it cannot last a day out in the hills.

3) - The photo ratio is odd. I am undertaking a 365 project this year and will be taking a photo every day (the main reason for purchasing this camera) but when I have come to print off the first weeks photos in the 6x4 aspect which will go into my album - have found that the pictures have not been taken in a 6x4 ratio. I had composed the photos beautifully in the large screen on the camera - but to print them have had to crop them such a lot that much of my composed scene has had to change. I am now faced with the prospect of not being able to compose my shots as I like - will have to go further out so that when I come to print them - can crop to include everything i want in the shot.

These 3 let downs with the camera have meant that it has not become my daily camera of choice as I had hoped that it would - hence my disappointment with it.

Being a real Instagram fan I wanted to use this camera to upload my photos directly to Instagram - but lack of HDR function means that I am still using my phone mostly for my Instagram shots.

On a positive note there are a few good things - I like the integration with Android and that my photos are uploaded directly to dropbox.

I like one of the new smart function - best face - have used that a couple of time and like the ways I can use the best face of each of the people in the shot.

So on the whole its a decent camera and I applaud Samsung for its new approach to a smart camera - but I wish that I had not rushed out and bought one because of my 3 major issues I have with it.

This is the first camera of its type - perhaps later versions will be improved.

UPDATE - 26/1/2013

I have continued to try and use this camera on a daily basis - every day since Christmas day and another niggle has appeared!

On 2 occasions when I have been out and using it - a warning has come up saying "not enough memory" - so unable to take any photos! I have a 4Gb Micro SD card inserted - so it is not enough memory to store the photos, but not enough memory to make the camera function! The first time I thought that it was just a one off and did a factory reset - but the second time - I investigated and yes all the memory was all used up by apps etc. Well I have only installed one - Touche note - to send postcards direct from the camera - the rest are all the pre installed apps etc. I don't understand why the camera is filled with so much stuff that it actually grinds the camera to a halt. I have removed a lot of the apps as I dont need them and hope that this will not happen again.

So come on Samsung - version 2 needs:-
1 - More memory!
2 - Better battery
3 - HDR function - found this now - its called RICH TONE - not HDR!
4 - the ability to change photo ratio in settings
5 - a self timer function - opps found this now as well - hate not having a booklet - takes so long to find hidden things!
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 2:31 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5