Profile for Deb > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ultradex Wire Free Intredental Brushes
Ultradex Wire Free Intredental Brushes

5.0 out of 5 stars an essential bit of kit!, 27 July 2013
I always thought that regular brushing with my electric toothbrush was all I needed - but it isn't!

My gums have never really improved since pregnancy and my dentist suggested I try brushes as I did not get on well with floss. So with a little scepticism I did and I was amazed at the amount of stuff these brushes removed from in-between my teeth even after a 2 minute toothbrush clean. At first my gums felt sore when using the brushes and they bled ( a sign of gum disease) but I persevered and after about 2 weeks my gums began to improve. They no longer bleed, it not longer hurts to use the brushes and more importantly my gums look and feel hundred times better!

These brushes are easy to use and are well made - I have confidence in the quality of them. The difference that they have made to my oral health is amazing.

I bought Ultradex brushes because of the other products made by them - I started off looking for alcohol free mouth wash and came across this brand. So I now have an excellent routine of brushing my teeth with my electric toothbrush, then extra cleaning with these brushes and then a good rinse with the mouth wash. It only adds an extra 5 minutes to my morning and evening routines - but the benefits are very welcome.

Post-it Z-Notes - One each of Neon Rainbow Yellow, Green, Purple, Pink, Orange - 100 Sheets Per Pad - 76 mm x 76 mm (Set of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Mar. 2013
I bought this Post it Z notes to go in the bright red apple dispenser which I bought as a present for some girls from work. They love the apple and these post it notes which work beautifully in it. I am sure that I will be buying some more when they run out.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book!, 5 Mar. 2013
What a great book- it had me hooked right from the first page!

The book has a very original title and I found the style of writing to be very original as well. It made a nice refreshing change. I chuckled all the way through the book - how did the author come up with such creative ideas?

This is one the best books that I have read in a long time and recommend it to anyone looking for an entertaining read.

I don't usually read modern fiction but this book was only 20p on my Kindle so I thought that I had nothing to loose by paying this little for the book - but it turned out to be the best 20p I have spent in a long time.

Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black)
Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black)
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 5 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my son for his Nexus 4 and he is very pleased with it. It fits the phone very well and looks as if it would definitely protect it if it was dropped. Delivery from USA was faster than expected. All in all a very good product. Highly recommended.

Samsung Galaxy Camera - White (16MP, 21x Optical Zoom, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS) 4.8 inch HD Touch LCD
Offered by Avtree Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I expected, 8 Jan. 2013
I hate to write a less than glowing review about a Samsung product as I am a real Samsung fan boy - but I really have to be honest and am slightly disappointed with this camera.

I love taking photos and own a Panasonic compact camera, a Panasonic bridge camera and a Nikon D90 DSLR - all of which I am happy with. I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone and this phone takes amazing photos so I was expecting a Samsung camera to be as good as my phone - but it isn't! ( I see another reviewer also prefers his Note 2 phone to this!)

I had high expectations for this camera - hoping that it would replace my DSLR on my hill walks, save having to carry the huge camera about in my rucksack and give me the extra zoom that I have not got on my Note 2 phone - but no I am still taking them with me because I am not happy with this camera.

The 3 mains let downs for me are:-

1)- NO HDR function. This is present on my Note 2 phone and I use it on most of my landscape shots and it is great and I presumed that it would be available on this camera, but it is not. So I find myself having to use my phone when I want HDR shots. I know that this is not a function that everyone wants - or even knows about, but once used it is so hard to live without and one that really should have been included in the Smart option. I really hope that Samsung can do a software upgrade to include this.

2) -The battery life is not good and I have had to order 2 more extra batteries to take out with me on my hill walks as it cannot last a day out in the hills.

3) - The photo ratio is odd. I am undertaking a 365 project this year and will be taking a photo every day (the main reason for purchasing this camera) but when I have come to print off the first weeks photos in the 6x4 aspect which will go into my album - have found that the pictures have not been taken in a 6x4 ratio. I had composed the photos beautifully in the large screen on the camera - but to print them have had to crop them such a lot that much of my composed scene has had to change. I am now faced with the prospect of not being able to compose my shots as I like - will have to go further out so that when I come to print them - can crop to include everything i want in the shot.

These 3 let downs with the camera have meant that it has not become my daily camera of choice as I had hoped that it would - hence my disappointment with it.

Being a real Instagram fan I wanted to use this camera to upload my photos directly to Instagram - but lack of HDR function means that I am still using my phone mostly for my Instagram shots.

On a positive note there are a few good things - I like the integration with Android and that my photos are uploaded directly to dropbox.

I like one of the new smart function - best face - have used that a couple of time and like the ways I can use the best face of each of the people in the shot.

So on the whole its a decent camera and I applaud Samsung for its new approach to a smart camera - but I wish that I had not rushed out and bought one because of my 3 major issues I have with it.

This is the first camera of its type - perhaps later versions will be improved.

UPDATE - 26/1/2013

I have continued to try and use this camera on a daily basis - every day since Christmas day and another niggle has appeared!

On 2 occasions when I have been out and using it - a warning has come up saying "not enough memory" - so unable to take any photos! I have a 4Gb Micro SD card inserted - so it is not enough memory to store the photos, but not enough memory to make the camera function! The first time I thought that it was just a one off and did a factory reset - but the second time - I investigated and yes all the memory was all used up by apps etc. Well I have only installed one - Touche note - to send postcards direct from the camera - the rest are all the pre installed apps etc. I don't understand why the camera is filled with so much stuff that it actually grinds the camera to a halt. I have removed a lot of the apps as I dont need them and hope that this will not happen again.

So come on Samsung - version 2 needs:-
1 - More memory!
2 - Better battery
3 - HDR function - found this now - its called RICH TONE - not HDR!
4 - the ability to change photo ratio in settings
5 - a self timer function - opps found this now as well - hate not having a booklet - takes so long to find hidden things!
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2014 2:31 PM BST

Zing (Sxb1) Lrg Slr Cover/Blue
Zing (Sxb1) Lrg Slr Cover/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent kit., 29 Nov. 2012
I love this cover for my Nikon D90. It is easy to use - on and off without difficulty. Who ever thought of this clever idea is a genius! It protects my camera from knocks and dust. And even in a light shower the camera stayed nice and dry. I cannot imagine using my camera without it. Highly recommended.

Bodum Stainless Steel Travel Vacuum Mug - Lime Green
Bodum Stainless Steel Travel Vacuum Mug - Lime Green
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent kit!, 29 Nov. 2012
My husband has had surgery on his knee and is on crutches for 6 weeks. I bought him this flask so that he could make his drinks in the kitchen and then carry it safely through to the front room on his crutches. This flask serves this purpose very well. Not a drop of his drinks has been split. They have kept warm and he tells me that it is a pleasure to drink from. When he is back up and about again I am sure we will use this drinking flask for when we go out walking - confident that it will not leak in our bags. Highly recommended.

You Learn By Living
You Learn By Living

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT READ, 29 Nov. 2012
I an a keen fan of Eleanor Roosevelt and am keen to read all about her and her own literature. This book is an fabulous read. She is such a sensible lady and this book makes so much sense. I love it. I feel that I want to give it to my children to read - but I bought the Kindle edition so I can't pass it around like I usually do with the books I want them to read! Its not a big book so it is easy reading. Highly recommended.

Lifted Off The Ground
Lifted Off The Ground

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth listening to., 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Lifted Off The Ground (Audio CD)
I am not a country fan. I had not even heard of Chely Wright until a few months ago - but I must say I love this album!

I first got to know her through reading her book 'Like Me: Confessions of a Heartland Country Singer' after it was recommended to me. I loved her book - it was so heartfelt, that I was keen to watch the film she made to coincide with her coming out. The film was also excellent and this is where I got to hear her sing. I decided to purchase this CD as an introduction to her music, as it did not sound 'too country!'

She wrote these songs from the heart and how they resonate with me. I enjoy practically all the tracks but Broken & The Train are my real favourites.

I am delighted with this purchase and have been playing the CD non stop! I can recommend this CD even to non country music fans. Good luck to Chely in her new life.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Ceramic White
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Ceramic White
Offered by iHD Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth upgrading!, 2 Oct. 2012
As a proud owner of the original Note - I did not really need to upgrade to the Note 2 - but watching the info about it - I just could not resist!

My phone arrived this morning partially charged and I have played with it all day and only just put it on charge now 11 hours later. I am confident that with a full charge it will easily be seeing the day out - which sometimes with Note 1, I did not.

The phone is gorgeous and I must say feels much more comfortable in the hand. The screen is so easy to look at and enjoy all the content which just flies. It is really fast.

As another reviewer has commented - the speaker on this phone is just awesome- it really is - it is a joy to listen to all my music - which was easily moved over on my micro SD card from Note 1.

All my other apps and contacts have just as easily moved over - Android makes it so easy - I did not have to do anything except just sign into my Google account.

One feature that I saw advertised was the new gallery layout. And I have had fun choosing which pattern I wanted to show off all my photos - I really like the spiral but have settled for the circular grid.

The larger S pen is more comfortable in the hand and I like the hovering aspect which brings up a snapshot of an email or other item. Until you use the S pen - you don't realise just how useful it really is.

Its great that it ships with jelly bean - no waiting for an update for me!

Just one little grumble - how come the accessories have not been released at the same time? My last Note was very well protected - but I have not been able to buy anything specific to this Note 2 yet - so it is ensconced in a wrap over case belonging to my old Note until something specific is released.

Oh and just one other thing - the sim card in the Note 2 is a Micro sim - I just went to the 3 shop in town where they kindly cut down the old sim card from my original note which now fits and works perfectly in the new Note 2 and they did not charge me anything - excellent service.

I am delighted that I have chosen to upgrade to the Note 2 - it is amazingly fast, big enough to be able to make use a joy - but not to big that it is unwieldy.

I would recommend this phone without hesitation.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2012 8:20 PM GMT