Profile for cake guzzler > Reviews

Content by cake guzzler

cake guzzler (London, UK)

Thomas TNS Tunnel Cutlery
Thomas TNS Tunnel Cutlery

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could cause more mealtime nightmares than you previously had..., 1 Feb. 2015
Ok. Would be good if the knife were serrated. The spoon wobbles in the handle which triggers a toddler meltdown (hence the title). This was noticed on first use - not sure whether this is a design fault or a just a defective item. Unfortunately, the third party trader hasn't ignored my requests for a replacement.

Silver Plated Flat Edge Picture Photo Frame 5" x 7"
Silver Plated Flat Edge Picture Photo Frame 5" x 7"
Offered by House of Toviel

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 12 Dec. 2012
Lovely frames. Purchased to house a picture of our son as a Xmas gift for his grandparents.
They are so nice, great quality - an absolute bargain. I'll be buying more!

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
by Tarek Malouf

3.0 out of 5 stars Cakes do not resemble the ones sold at the shop!, 26 July 2009
As a Hummingbird cupcake devotee I eagerly awaited the delivery of my copy from amazon (having looked at sample copy one day at the Hummingbird I found that the £16.99 RRP was a little expensive). As other reviewers have stated the book is very stylish and does have beautiful pictures.

Now for the words of caution: So far I have tried just one recipe the "Hummingbird cake", my recollection of this cake is that it was very pineappley, dark and crumbly. The result obtained from following (to the letter) the recipe in the book is a pale banana cake with pineapple chunks - it tastes nice but neither resembles the picture in the book or the version sold in the Hummingbird bakery in colour or texture (it looks nothing like it - my husband was shocked when I showed him the photo in the book)! I love baking and most of my recipes are a success I feel a little disappointed and can't help thinking that Tarek Malouf has omitted some key ingredients from the recipes in this book. Maybe I was a little naive to think that this book would enable me to recreate my Friday afternoon treats at home! I suppose future experiments (perhaps using recipes for cakes I haven't already scoffed at the bakery) will perhaps make me change my rating for better or worse!