Profile for Mark This > Reviews

Content by Mark This

Mark This (Newcastle upon Tyne)

Page: 1 | 2
Humour: Natural Commandments #1
Humour: Natural Commandments #1

5.0 out of 5 stars No laughing matter..., 17 July 2014
Made me laugh, made me think, made me think again. A good read and much thought provoking content. Well worth a look, recommended.

New Kindle Purple SD Folio Case Cover Pouch , All - New Latest Generation 2011 Release Amazon Kindle 6" inch Wi-Fi, from G-HUB

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, 21 April 2012
When I got a Kindle from my daughters as a Christmas present I had a look at the case covers available and was surprised and shocked by the prices of such a simple piece of kit. I improvised with the case from an old forgotten Ford Focus owners manual that did the job for the last few months and cost me nothing.
When I saw this one at less then a tenner and with the light thrown in I dived in and don't regret buying.
The light is ok and lives beside my bed but the case is worth the price regardless. I have just used it on a journey involving two flights and a long wait in the airport and it does make using the Kindle much easier. This also makes it safer to transport.
A friend has a cover that cost twice the price and is good but no better than this one...... so if you need a case for your Kindle go for this one.

Avenir ACB927 Double Pannier - Black
Avenir ACB927 Double Pannier - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Not going to pan these, 31 Mar. 2012
I ordered these panniers to carry shopping and my backpack contents when out and about. They are fairly easy to fit on my bike rack and once on are secure. I am thinking of fixing them more permanently by punching holes in the material and using a couple of small padlocks as it is a drag having to take them on and off every time I park up. Overall they feel well made, fit well and are roomy enough for most of my needs. I also find them easy to carry once off the bike. For the price I am happy with my choice.

Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier - Silver suitable for 24"/26"/28"
Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier - Silver suitable for 24"/26"/28"

4.0 out of 5 stars Rack it up, 31 Mar. 2012
I ordered this bike rack for my mountain bike which I use in town for getting around and shopping. It was easy to fit and works well with the panniers I bought. It is light but seems robust and having looked at quite a few racks in bike shops and onlne I am pleased with my choice. It did have a couple of fittings missing so I had to go and buy others as I couldn't be bothered returning it or contacting the seller. Otherwise it would get five stars.

De'Longhi EC330S Machine
De'Longhi EC330S Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Anyone for coffee?, 19 Mar. 2012
I bought this as a present for my 21 year old daughter. She works in an Italian bar/bistro/cocktail joint in town. She is very particular about her food and coffee so I was a bit apprehensive about making the choice. After reading around and talking to a few barista types this machine came recommended and it seems to have passed the test. My daughter thinks it is very effective, makes a great cup of coffee and has cred too. So all in all this is a very useful machine and looking around at the prices of similar spec machines it is good value too.

HOTER Bike LED Flash Light Wheel Valve Cap Bicycle Lamp(Price/Piece)
HOTER Bike LED Flash Light Wheel Valve Cap Bicycle Lamp(Price/Piece)
Offered by Ayozen

4.0 out of 5 stars Flashy but effective, 19 Mar. 2012
I bought these a few weeks ago as the nights were dark and I like to be as visible as possible when riding at night. They are easy to fit and straight forward to use. I like the bright light they give off and feel they probably help get you noticed when out and about in the dark. They are still working but as the nights are getting lighter I am not using them so much now. If you want to look flashy for fun or if you feel you need to be as visible as possible at night, give these a go. One point is that as mentioned in other reviews I ordered the green ones but they look blue in use, I have had a couple of stares from passing police cars so not to be used if planning to use your bike as a getaway vehicle!

Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Verb Tenses, Second Edition (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
by Dorothy Richmond

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 19 Mar. 2012
I am finally biting the bullet and getting on with trying to learn Spanish grammar. I enrolled for an evening class and the teacher suggested this book was worth using. I got it from Amazon and it turned up on time and well wrapped. I have worked through a few of the exercises and find it easy to use and logical in layout and approach. I realise that I still have to put the work in but this does help keep me on track. No hesitation in recommending this if you have some Spanish in terms of words and pronunciation and want to move further with grammar. Go conjugate!

ETC Comfort Websprung Saddle Black
ETC Comfort Websprung Saddle Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does my bum look comfy in this???, 30 Jan. 2012
This seat is a vast improvement on the one it replaced. It feels very comfortable and was easy to fit to my bike. I have been using it for around a month with no problems. I am sure there will better quality saddles but I doubt they will be similar in price. For the money this one is fine for the job. And my bum thinks so too!

Travel Chess Computer
Travel Chess Computer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for those lonely nights in the castle, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Travel Chess Computer (Toy)
I use this with a full size chess set. I have not bothered using it when travelling as I am not sure that I could really play a game on it due to small size. But that was not what I bought it for.
As a chess computer it keeps me happy and as I move through the levels it gives enough of a challenge for this permanent novice player.
If you are looking for a small, light chess computer and have reasonably nimble fingers this should do the trick.

T'ai Chi Journey
T'ai Chi Journey
by John Lash

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my faves, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: T'ai Chi Journey (Paperback)
I first came across this book many years ago and often had it beside my bed and read it as a meditation occasionally. My orginal copy got handed onto someone who needed it more than me and I recently bought this new edition. Still helps me keep my feet on the ground when things get a little hectic.

Page: 1 | 2