Profile for M. J. Morton > Reviews

Content by M. J. Morton

M. J. Morton "mortonmerl" (West Cumbria. UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Falling for Autumn: Art therapy celebration of autumn adult/child colouring book with conservation & recipe links
by Lucinda Hare

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and relaxing to colour these beautiful pictures, 8 Nov. 2015
Wonderful and relaxing to colour these beautiful pictures. A celebration of this special time of year...the recipes are a very welcome extra.
Highly recommended!

Catastrophe: ~ a Scottish Wildcat's Tail (Wildcat Tails)
Catastrophe: ~ a Scottish Wildcat's Tail (Wildcat Tails)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 2 Sept. 2015
An absolutely wonderful book for children...and adults! Very well written, and the description of the Highlands where Catastrophe lives is enchanting. As is Catastrophe himself, and his exciting tale. This writer is the first since J K Rowling that can make me laugh and cry while reading her books. I could not put this book down! Highly recommended!

Seadragon Songs of the Sea: An ocean adventure & conservation colouring book: Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 6 Aug. 2015
Such a beautiful book! Would be appreciated by many children as well as adults. Wonderful drawings by Lucinda Hare, and fascinating facts about the creatures. Like others I had not considered colouring books for many years, but it is so relaxing and fun!

The Sorcerers Glen (The Fifth Dimension  Book 1)
The Sorcerers Glen (The Fifth Dimension Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 24 Jun. 2015
I couldn't wait to read this book. Another brilliant story from Lucinda Hare. A wild and wonderful adventure that once started you will be unable to put down. Set between this World and the Fifth Dimension the story follows Lucy as she befriends and battles Sea Monsters, flying brooms, and Battle Dragons... as well as the evil Black Raven and his maelstrom magic. There is a vast cast of gnomes, animals, goblins, dwarves, sorcerers, and many other creatures and humans of every shape and size. From the first page I found myself laughing, and sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation in equal measure. I highly recommend this book to readers of any age who love humour, magic, and adventure!

The Viking (The Viking Series Book 1)
The Viking (The Viking Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, 28 May 2015
I expected a well researched historical novel. This is fantasy. I prefer one or the other not fantasy made out to be history. I wish I hadn't bought the book. A waste of money!

The Solway Coast: Britain's Heritage Coast
The Solway Coast: Britain's Heritage Coast

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely photos and interesting as far as it goes. ..., 2 Aug. 2014
Lovely photos and interesting as far as it goes...however short on facts (and sometimes totally wrong ....Harrington a busy and thriving Marina...I don't think so). Rather a hurried job altogether (mistakes on Kindle Edition). However applaud the author for getting any book about the Solway Coast out there!

Stealth Dragon Services: On wings of vengeance (The Dragonsdome Chronicles Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for action and adventure...., 9 July 2014
Having read all four (so far) in this wonderful series I would highly recommend them to anyone who loves dragons and adventure.....irrespective of their age! I have become very fond of Quenelda, and her friends & dragons, and it was great to read more of their adventures and character development. These books have lots of action, an evil sorcerer, heroes and villains, wars and weddings....they are gripping...I defy you to put them down once started....and they make me laugh and cry!
The best books that I have read since the Harry Potter series....and I read a lot and don't say that lightly!

Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish! Don't buy! Removed as soon as I ..., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Game of Thrones (App)
Rubbish! Don't buy! Removed as soon as I tried it..

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3) (Divergent Trilogy)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3) (Divergent Trilogy)
by Veronica Roth

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but not a good ending!, 2 Dec. 2013
I loved part 1 and part 2 of this trilogy and was really looking forward to reading Alliegent. However I was very disappointed. As others have said the Tris/Tobias pov did not work for me. They did seem like shadows of their former selves in this book.
I can live with endings that are not all love & light but this very unhappy ending with the killing off of the main character that we had all invested so much time in and come to love...just left a very bitter taste in my mouth and absolutely ruined my love of the story!
I might watch the first film as I loved the first book...but after that I won't be watching the others to be upset and disappointed again.
It has also put me off reading any of the spin off novellas.
On reflection... I think it is ok to kill off important characters, but I personally want the main characters to triumph over adversity and to live on after the story is over.

An Ogham Wood
An Ogham Wood
by Cliff Seruntine

5.0 out of 5 stars One for sailors, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: An Ogham Wood (Paperback)
As a sailor, and owner of a small (26ft) yacht this book captured me within the first chapter. You can tell that the author is a knowlegable and experienced sailor, and his love for the sea and sailing shines through the narrative.
However, there is so much more to this book! The land of Faerie, the Green World and Celtic myth is all skillfully woven together into a story that is enchanting...in the best sense of the word.
Characters both mortal, and immortal, are truly brought to life and experience real emotional dilemmas, loss and grief, love and joy.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and could not put it down....the world created within it's pages is haunting, and it's impression stays with you after finishing the book.
Highly recommended!