Profile for TS Miers > Reviews

Content by TS Miers

TS Miers (Brighton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Blaupunkt 32/133I-WB-11B-HDP-UK 32-Inch 720p HD Ready LED TV (Freeview, Slim Design)

3.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT AN HD TV, 24 Aug. 2016
THIS IS NOT HD, so don't make that mistake. It is HD ready... Which is only slightly higher definition (720 lines on the screen) than a normal tv (526 ish lines) - it is not very noticeably better than an old style tv. A full HD tv has 1020 lines, which is a big difference.

Silicone Putty Moulded Ear Plugs by Sleepytime,Blue Soft Sticky Plugs Which Mould Into Your Ear For Effective Noise Reduction In Plastic Case (6, Blue)
Offered by Big Onion

4.0 out of 5 stars Teen proof ear plugs!, 26 May 2016
I've been trying to find affordable ear plugs that are comfortable to sleep in and still effective. I have ME/CFS, so have huge problems with sleeping. I wake at the drop of a ... Well actually, a pin! And on the other side of my bedroom wall is my gamer teenage son who is mostly nocturnal. Not an ideal combination. It's not fair to ask him to sit in complete silence in his own room every night of the week. My problem is i have tiny ears. I can hear you questioning my sanity now... But foam ear plugs are just too big, they put uncomfortable constant pressure on the insides of my ears. Plus they take ages to get in, its a real struggle, and i often end up scraping the skin off the edges of my ears with my fingernails and then can't wear any at all the next night as its too painful to get them in. So i get even more sleep deprived! I'd try to avoid pulling them out as they were such a nightmare to get back in again, but that sometimes left me worrying about whether my phone had rung or an alarm gone off or did i hear a noise downstairs? I've been looking for a solution for two years! I never thought of looking for something like earplugs online.

Such a relief to find these! They are easy to put in (or on i should say as you don't put them in). As long as you smooth all the way round the edges to seal any gaps (it takes no time at all), they are really effective at keeping out the noise. I actually managed to sleep through one of my son's gaming sleepovers (as far as i can make out the sleeping only happens the next afternoon - all over the downstairs so that i can't get my breakfast without being accosted by stinky feet and stale lynx...). And about that sound seal - i have never had to redo it. Once it's done, it's done, and it doesn't take long at all - a doddle compared to getting foam ones in. I am so relieved to finally find a solution to my sleepless weekends. And so is my son who no longer has to endure the embarrassment of his half asleep mother growling at them for waking her at three am any more!

The only reason I have knocked off a star is i would like to be able to wear them for longer. They lose their stick and stop being effective (or apparently safe after a few nights. I forget how many - it says in the packet. But after that time they can start to break up - but its all explained in the instructions). But for the cost they are, and for decent sleep! These are well worth it. Who knew i could ever say so much about ear plugs... But when you are going through serious sleep deprivation, these things become very important!

40 SMALL Replacement Squeakers, Squeekers, 3.5 cm diameter, by Pet Supply City, LLC

3.0 out of 5 stars These are not amazing quality., 18 April 2016
These are not amazing quality... We get through them quickly. Where are the good quality ones? I hate wasted plastic.

Hic Harold Import Co. Beyond Gourmet Unbleached Cheesecloth
Hic Harold Import Co. Beyond Gourmet Unbleached Cheesecloth
Offered by US-ZINC

3.0 out of 5 stars However it is nicely natural., 18 April 2016
The mesh is so loose and widely spaced that i was unable to use it for the purpose i bought it for. However it is nicely natural.

Meta-U 4 Compartment Weekly Plastic Pills Dispenser Boxes with a Pouch Gift
Meta-U 4 Compartment Weekly Plastic Pills Dispenser Boxes with a Pouch Gift
Offered by Meta-U

3.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly and a refreshingly good amount of room for the pills, 18 April 2016
Works perfectly and a refreshingly good amount of room for the pills... But it is falling apart after not very long. Is it possible to get replacement lids/ doors/ flaps for them... If so then i would increase my rating. Can't bear plastic waste though!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2016 4:41 AM BST

Intensive Nutrition - Viracin 60 vcaps
Intensive Nutrition - Viracin 60 vcaps

3.0 out of 5 stars If you take the recommended dose it will last between one week (for a ..., 18 April 2016
If you take the recommended dose it will last between one week (for a high dose) to 20 days (a low dose) with mid dose... Just ten days. Makes this prohibitively expensive!

Get Out of My Life: The bestselling guide to living with teenagers: But First Take Me and Alex into Town
by Anthony E. Wolf

5.0 out of 5 stars And breathe..., 20 Jan. 2016
This is brilliant. So far its main help has been to reassure me that it is all mormal, there is nothing wrong with what we are going through, its a natural product lf our circumstance. Deeply reassuring which in turn took the pressure off. I will keep working on the parent of any adolscent needs to do... Letting go. This books helps to do that far less painfully than before!

Tawk Tomahawk
Tawk Tomahawk

4.0 out of 5 stars Grows on me more and more (and i liked it from the start), 20 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Tawk Tomahawk (Audio CD)
I'm loving this album. Some great approaches to music making. A litle dry at times but she more than makes up for it with her great delivery and lots of quirky touches. Im a nineties child and there is something resonant of that era, but it is still modern and fresh.

WellBake Professional Silicone Bakeware Large Loaf Pan, 24cm x 10cm (2lb). Heavy Duty Non-Stick + 10 Year Guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Jan. 2016
Does what it says on the (non-tin) tin!

Animalium (Welcome to the Museum)
Animalium (Welcome to the Museum)
by Jenny Broom

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 20 Jan. 2016
Completely beautiful book. Wonderful. Seriously special make sure tou write in the fly leaf its a keeper!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5