Profile for prisrob > Reviews

Content by prisrob
Top Reviewer Ranking: 19

prisrob "pris," (New England USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
KitchenAid Classic Food Processor, 3.1 L - White
KitchenAid Classic Food Processor, 3.1 L - White
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Food Processor, 28 July 2016
The Kitchen Aide Food Processor with the exact slicer was such a pain to use. Very expensive, lots of extra equipment, needed a lot of space for the extras, and I rarely used it. What I wanted is a food processor with few bells and whistles, and one that works well.

This is exactly what I wanted. I have a 9-cup work bowl and a 3-cup mini bowl for personal treats. This food processor makes quick work of any sized dish with an adjustable feed tube and a variety of blades. This food processor Includes a 9-cup work bowl, 3-cup mini bowl, adjustable stainless steel slicing disc, and reversible stainless steel shredding disc, stainless steel multipurpose blade, stainless steel work blade, and dough blade. This is all I need. I make pie dough frequently, and this food processor is just what I need and want. I have enough room, without all the bells and whistles. The instructions are easy to read and understand, High/low speed settings, Thick-to-thin adjustable slicing blade settings, and a Ultra wide-mouth adjustable feed tube with three different widths.

I can put this food processor parts in my dishwasher. I am very happy with this food processor.

Recommended. prisrob 07-28-16

The Wave [DVD] [2016]
The Wave [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Kristoffer Joner

4.0 out of 5 stars Tsunami Alert, 27 July 2016
This review is from: The Wave [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
" Geiranger is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in the world, and
has been named the best travel destination in Scandinavia by Lonely Planet.
Since 2005, the Geirangerfjord area has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Geiranger is under constant threat from the mountain Åkerneset which could erode
into the fjord. A collapse could cause a tsunami that could destroy downtown Geiranger."
Wikipedia

Understanding where Geiranger is and risk of living there is center to this film.
It is such a tourist attraction, that 120-140 cruise ships a year dock to see the beauty.
It us here we meet Kristian, played by Kristoffer Joner, who is an engineer employed by
Geiranger Warning Center. The warning center is necessary to overlook all of the
data that may foretell a rockslide. Many of us remember the tusnami that occurred in
Japan after an earthquake. A rockslide can do the same. We follow Kristian and his
family who are packing up for a move to a new city and a new job. This film is about
his warning that something was happening, but everyone else said it was a mistake.

The film is realistic and provides a lot of tense moments, and of course, it revolves
around Kristian and his family. If you like action, tense films, this one is for you. Plus
we get to see this beautiful area of Norway.

Recommended. prisrob 07-27-16

I Love to Help (bedtime stories for kids, rabbit books for kids): kids educational books, (I Love to... Bedtime stories book collection)
by Shelley Admont

5.0 out of 5 stars Beach Fun and Lessons Learned, 27 July 2016
Do you like to go to the beach? Do you help bring things to and from the car?

The author, Shelley Admont, has written a fun book for children that the adults in their lives will agree with. Jimmy the bunny and his family were going to the beach. He was so excited he was jumping up and down. His parents and two brothers were busy putting everything in the car, but Jimmy said he was too busy to help. When they got to the beach, Jimmy jumped out of the car and started to build a big sand castle. Again he said he was too busy to help,and went about building the best sand castle. When you read this book you will find out what occurs next.

Parents and other adults will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will enjoy hearing about playing and helping each other. This is a wonderful book to educate children and others about how helping each other means more to the family. The illustrations by Sonal Goyal and Sumit Sakhuja are bright, vivid and colorful, and they portray the adventures of Jimmy and his family. The author, Shelley Admont, writes about fun and happy characters and most often includes a lesson to be learned. Note: a complimentary copy of this book was provided to read and review.

Recommended. prisrob 07-27-16

Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex Adults' Sandals
Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex Adults' Sandals
Price: £41.09 - £74.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and Good Looks, 27 July 2016
Birkenstocks have become a shoe thought of as 'for hippies only'. That changed a long time ago. I first noticed them as a teenager, and then again as a woman if age looking for a comfortable shoe. I purchased a pair, and rarely take them off. I ordered in line vis Zappos, and received them within a few days, put them on, and that was that.

Much to my surprise when my 13 year ok'd granddaughter came for a visit a few weeks ago, she was sporting Birkenstocks. She tells me they are all the rage in Oregon, and asked for a pair for Christmas. Now we more in common than I thought.

Mine are a tan suede, and as they age, they become more comfortable and better looking. They have a synthetic sole, and the classic two-strap sandal with signature anatomical chord footbed. As a family we go to SunRiver, Oregon, yearly, and stop at Two Sisters at their famous coffee house for a cool drink. Look around and one out if three people are wearing these Birkenstocks. Can't beat them for comfort and looks.

Recommended. prisrob 07-26-16

Butter London Union Jack Mascara Black 10 ml
Butter London Union Jack Mascara Black 10 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Apply, 26 July 2016
Butter London is a very well known brand. I have tried their blush and nail colors and have been very pleased. The mascara is an interesting product. The traditional wand has a ball on the end, it does make applying the mascara easier, and does not clump. The mascara is jet black, and for my aging lashes did define and separate my lashes. I can't really see that it lengthens my lashes, but because my lashes are thinner than they used to be, it does provide some volume.

The directions are explicit and easy to follow. Apply to lashes using the center part of the mascara wand. Pull the bristles through the lashes in a zig-zag motion to coat each lash. Use the tip of the wand to lengthen and define. The mascara does apply very evenly, and I liked the application. For my use the mascara did not smudge, and I used it during a 90 degree day and went out to complete some errands. My face was moist and no signs of smudging. I think this was an excellent test. I tend to tear easily and that is the greatest test for mascaras, it did not run nor smear.

My use of mascara is usually limited for night time events, and I will certainly use this again. The one issue I have is that you have to exert force to get the ball end if the wand in and out of the mascara. A small issue, but an irritating one.

Recommended. prisrob 07-26-16

Oh, the Places You'll Go (Dr. Seuss)
Oh, the Places You'll Go (Dr. Seuss)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Come With Me, 25 July 2016
Do you like rhymes? Do you like Dr Seuss?

The author, Dr Seuss, has written one of his best books. All of my children loved 'Green Eggs and Ham', and his other books. The rhyming jiving cadence is fun for everyone. In this book, we learn that wherever we are in life, there is always a challenge, and we can look at it as a very positive experience. When you read this book, you will discover where you can go.

Parents and teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. Everyone, not only children will discover something new everyday. The rhyming is so wonderful, you will be uttering the words everyday. The illustrations are bright, vivid and colorful, and they depict every step the way. I loved this book, my children loved this book, and my grandchildren loved this book. Yea, Dr. Seuss!

Highly Recommended. prisrob 07-24-16

The In-Laws [DVD] [2003]
The In-Laws [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Albert Brooks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Horrific In Laws, 24 July 2016
This review is from: The In-Laws [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
There were some very funny parts to the film, some, not enough. It really was just plain foolish, and the actors must have done it for the money. Ryan Reynolds, oh no. There was a previous film if the same name from the late 1970's that got great reviews.

Michael Douglas plays a deep, very deep undercover CIA agent who was never home for his son. His wife divorced him, the son could not. But, here we are at the son's time for a wedding, and also the time that Douglas's character is deep into uncovering a very bad man. Albert Brooks, plays a Podiatrist, and the bride's father. He is a stick in the mud, too anxious to fly or go above floor 2 in an elevator. this time. Brooks has no idea that Douglas is a wacko with the CIA and gets involved in one of the schemes. Very far fetched, bit as I said funny at times.

If these people were in my family, I might move to Australia, truly.

NotvRecommended For Me. prisrob 07-23-16

Bearded
Bearded

5.0 out of 5 stars Hairy Chin, 23 July 2016
This review is from: Bearded (Kindle Edition)
Do you know anyone with a beard? Do you know what a beard is?

The author, Jeremy Billups, has written a fun story about a bear with a beard. Many people think a bear with a beard is strange, but the little person accompanying thus bearded bear shows us the opposite. They visit all kinds of places in the world, and they meet very interesting people and animals. When you read this book you will discover what happens on these adventures.

Parents and teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will love the fun and silliness of the story. The illustrations by the author are bright, vivid and colorful. A wonderful book with a new kind of storyline that will be of interest to everyone.

Recommended. prisrob 07-23-16

I, Anna [DVD]
I, Anna [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlotte Rampling
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Who Is Anna?, 22 July 2016
This review is from: I, Anna [DVD] (DVD)
I, Anna, is a film that is difficult to explain. The true beauty of this film is the actress, Charlotte Rumpling. Her son is the director, and he chose wisely. Anna plays a divorced
Woman trying to find her new life. Middle aged, she attends a speed dating event, which surprises me no end. What happens at this event is the impetus for the entire film.

Gabriel Byrne plays a police inspector/detective,investigating a gruesome murder, which is difficult to follow because he does not act like any detective I have ever seen.
Eddie Marsan, a man you see in most UK films and series, plays Byrne's underling, and he is more like a detective. Byrne's character runs into Anna and becomes attracted until something dies not ring true.

This film works backwards and it is a long, slow slog. Until the final twist, we are not sure what the film is about, and by that time it is too late. The acting is superb, the only saving grace.

Recommended At Times. prisrob 07-22-16

The Zebra Said Shhh
The Zebra Said Shhh
by M. R. Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Off To Dreamland, 21 July 2016
This review is from: The Zebra Said Shhh (Paperback)
Do you go to sleep easily? Do your mom and dad have to remind you it is time for sleep?

The author, M.R. Nelson, has written a fun book for bedtime reading. At the zoo, the Zebra was ready to go to sleep, but all the buzzing kept him awake. He said to the monkey, lion, and parrot, shhh,mint us time for sleep. The zebra was very tired, but the hippotamus and the giraffe were not ready for sleep. One by one he went to each animal in the zoo to ask them to go to sleep. When you read this book, you will find out what happens.

Parents and teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. It uses soothing words, and gives the children permission to close their eyes and drift off to dreamland. The illustrations by Tamia Sheldon are creative, bright and colorful. They depict each animal, and his activity in the zoo. Children of three and four will find this book just right for them.

Recommended. prisrob 07-21-16