Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for Ensure > Reviews

Content by Ensure

Ensure

Page: 1 | 2
The Paying Guests
The Paying Guests

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written romantic melodrama, 21 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The Paying Guests (Kindle Edition)
I would perhaps have given it five stars if I hadn't thought to myself that it wasn't quite as good as The Night Watch (more substantial) or Fingersmith (more twisty and exciting).
It was still good though, a page-turner.

The Last Girlfriend on Earth
The Last Girlfriend on Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, made me smile!, 16 Sept. 2016
I remembered a few of these from the New Yorker, like Oog and Moog, but it was nice to see them again. I wish I had remembered to listen to the author's radio 4 show but annoyingly I forgot!
Anyway, he's very talented and anyone could enjoy this book. It also reminded me to listen to the magnetic fields, I used to like that album!
It isn't really stories, more like sketches.

A God in Ruins
A God in Ruins

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 15 Sept. 2016
This review is from: A God in Ruins (Kindle Edition)
Interesting as a stand alone novel but enriched by having read Life After Life (which is probably a better book - it's more unusual so more memorable, but I did really enjoy them both!).

Cold
Cold

2.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible, but not very good either, 15 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Cold (Kindle Edition)
Didn't really care about the big secret crime, when it was revealed I just felt 'meh'. The characters were all rather thin, while Noel was written as if by a man who hadn't actually met any real women in his life. Cheesy predictable resolution at the end.

Hot Newest Ipad 2/3/4 Case Silicone Plastic Kid Proof Extreme Duty Dual Protective Back Cover with Kickstand and Sticker for Ipad 4/3/2 - Rainproof Sandproof Dust-proof Shockproof (Pink/Blue)
Offered by Aken

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged when I took it out of the box., 29 Dec. 2015
Unfortunately it arrived with a crack in the corner, I can't see that it would be best good at protecting your iPad.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Let the Right One In
Let the Right One In

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading if you enjoyed the film(s), or even if you don't know anything about them, 1 May 2015
I am not particularly into reading horror but I saw this on offer and I had enjoyed the original film, so gave it a try, and really liked it. The book introduces more characters, more back story, and more ... gruesome details.
(Saw the American re-make film since, and liked that too!)

It's a love story really I suppose, albeit an unusual one.

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, as I have all Kate Atkinson's books., 1 May 2015
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
The book has an interesting and original concept; to go through a life over and over and portray all the different ways it could have turned out. Beautifully written, very evocative.

Only Ever Yours
Only Ever Yours

1.0 out of 5 stars I know it's a YA book, so I read it half expecting trash, but it's absolutely rubbish!, 28 April 2015
This review is from: Only Ever Yours (Kindle Edition)
It's as if someone has read the synopsis of an undergraduate module on feminism and painfully jammed all the topics into a world just changed enough from The Handmaid's Tale to avoid getting into trouble. Written in first person with *the most* bland and irritating narrator, there are also dull one-dimensional villains and lots of cheesy cultural references.
I would definitely not recommend this to teenage girls who I imagine are the target audience. They've got better things to do with their time I'm sure.
Someone could write a great YA feminist novel no doubt. This is far far far from that novel!

Barbie: the Island Princess [DVD]
Barbie: the Island Princess [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greg Richardson
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this film, 23 April 2014
It's not scary, so it is perfectly suitable for sensitive children. My four year old found some Disney films too frightening and upsetting but this was fine.
Also, it's got really catchy tunes. I'm always humming the songs to myself!
And finally, Ro is brave, interesting, and different, that's why the prince falls in love with her, AND she saves the day herself, which I appreciate!

Warm Heart of Africa
Warm Heart of Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Warm Heart of Africa (Audio CD)
This is definitely in my top 3 best-buy albums of the last 5 years. I can't think of anything I have bought since that I have enjoyed listening to as much as this. And yes, like everyone says, it does cheer you up!

Page: 1 | 2