Profile for Adrian S. Morris > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
ABC British Railway Atlas
ABC British Railway Atlas
by M.G. Ball

3.0 out of 5 stars Also would have been good to mark the lines with which operating company uses ..., 25 Nov. 2014
An okay book. Shows the preserved lines in a different colour so you can see them at a glance. Highlights the passenger stations on the lines. Doesn't show depots though. Also would have been good to mark the lines with which operating company uses the line. I guess I will have to buy a ABC Rail Guide to find out that information.

Pre-Grouping Atlas and RCH Junction Diagrams (Ian Allen)
Pre-Grouping Atlas and RCH Junction Diagrams (Ian Allen)
by Ian Allan Publishing

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good book showing what the network looked like prior to ..., 25 Nov. 2014
A really good book showing what the network looked like prior to the 1923 grouping. Very clear and well detailed maps showing the lines. A couple of points that let it down are that there is no map showing the whole country with the pages superimposed over it so you can go directly to the area you are after. If you know the station you want then you have to search in the index then go to the page. Also some of the lines are solid and some are dashed. For instance on page 37 the solid orange lines are marked as 'G.W' but the dashed orange lines don't any company markings are all. There is no explanation why this is. Other than that I like the book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 9:57 PM GMT

Badenoch and Upper Strathspey (Explorer Maps) (OS Explorer Map)
Badenoch and Upper Strathspey (Explorer Maps) (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2014
Great Map. Just what I needed.

Scotland's Best Castles and Stately Homes
Scotland's Best Castles and Stately Homes
by Martin Coventry

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 30 Sept. 2014
A good selection of various castles and homes from throughout Scotland.

Myanmar - Burma f&b (+r) 1/1M
Myanmar - Burma f&b (+r) 1/1M
by Freytag & Berndt
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
Great Map. Very clear mapping. Lots of detail.

Top Gear - The Perfect Road Trip [DVD]
Top Gear - The Perfect Road Trip [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Money!., 28 Mar. 2014
I found this very boring. I have to agree with the other reviewers who gave it one star. I have a number of other Top Gear DVD's but this is the first one I bought that has only two of the presenters in it. I only bought it as it said 'Never Seen on TV!'. I now know why. It's much better with the three presenters giving each other stick. This one didn't raise a giggle out of me.

Africa Road Atlas illus .ms Scale: 1/1,5M-1/3M
Africa Road Atlas illus .ms Scale: 1/1,5M-1/3M
by Map Studio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Atlas, 3 Mar. 2014
An absolutely great atlas. Very clear maps of the entire African continent. Would loved for it to be bigger and have a spiral binding but still very happy with it.

by Kim Stanley Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Boring, Boring, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: 2312 (Paperback)
I have read most of the author's books starting with Red Mars which I couldn't put down. This is the total opposite and then some. This never seemed to pick up the pace. It started slow then stayed in the same gear. I only managed to get to page 163 out of 640 before I just gave up and shut the book. There have been a couple of the author's books (Ice Henge and Antarctica) which I have finished but still thought that the story was left unfinished but this one left those in the shade.

I bought this book based on what I had read before from this author and was greatly disappointed with it. I purchased Shaman with 2312 but havn't got around to reading it yet. I sincerely hope it is better than 2312 otherwise Shaman may be the last book I read from Mr Robinson.

GALLIPOLI: PENINSULA HISTORICAL NATIONAL PARK: GUIDE MAP.
GALLIPOLI: PENINSULA HISTORICAL NATIONAL PARK: GUIDE MAP.
by No author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Map!. A Must Have!, 16 Dec. 2013
A large map, 960x670mm. Not only does it have a timeline of the Gallipoli Campaign but also has a list of Hotels to stay at within the National Park. Very Detailed showing the cemeteries and memorials. Road map and information centres as well.
Even has a key showing the topography of the land. Well worth getting if you are interested in the Gallipoli Campaign.

Salisbury Plain: Home of Britain's Military Training
Salisbury Plain: Home of Britain's Military Training
by Henry Buckton

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as detailed as I would have liked., 12 April 2013
A general history of the area which was okay. I expected more detail about modern (2008) training than what was given.
The one glaring omission from the book was a lack of a map of the training area. It gave the length and width of the area but didn't tell you what towns bordered it. I looked at a Philip's road atlas but that only shows 'Danger Area' it doesn't give an indication of the area itself. Could have been better but as this is the only book I have seen dedicated to the training area then I would say get it if you are interested in learning about it's history.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6