Profile for D. Oben > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Earphones with Remote and Microphone (Not in Retail Packaging) - White
Samsung Earphones with Remote and Microphone (Not in Retail Packaging) - White
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

1.0 out of 5 stars sound quality is fine but the problem is they will not stay in ..., 12 Dec. 2016
I don't usually write reviews, but felt I needed to with these earphones...sound quality is fine but the problem is they will not stay in your ears. They constantly fall out due to being too large (smaller buds don't fix the problem). Would definitely avoid.

Leica Q (TYP 116) ( 26.3 MP,1 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Leica Q (TYP 116) ( 26.3 MP,1 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD )
Offered by Koester retail
Price: £3,743.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, ridiculous price, 19 Sept. 2016
It is a superb camera, but not at all worth the price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2017 10:40 AM BST

The Xenophobe's Guide to the Japanese (Xenophobe's Guides)
The Xenophobe's Guide to the Japanese (Xenophobe's Guides)
by Sahoko Kaji

1.0 out of 5 stars A mixture of truths and offensive generalisations, 3 Dec. 2015
As someone who lives in Japan, I approached this book with an open mind, hoping to gain a 'westerner's insight' into what life would be like here. While a lot of this book is true, most of the content is outdated (i.e. Japan 20 years ago) and generalises Japan in quite an offensive manner. Phrases like 'whats in the lunchbox? Surprise, surprise, rice' take away from what could've been an informative book. If it weren't for the fact that some of the book was informative, I would've given this 1*...

Apple iPhone 6 4.7-inch Display SIM-free Cellphone (16GB, Gray)
Apple iPhone 6 4.7-inch Display SIM-free Cellphone (16GB, Gray)
Offered by XTEC UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Review the phone, not the price!!!, 20 Sept. 2014
The idiots here who are all complaining about the price seem to forget that the prices on amazon are set by individual merchants NOT by Apple. Apple' iPhone 6 prices start at £539 (not £650+...). Therefore the reviews are not an accurate description of the phone itself.

I preordered my iPhone 6 from Apple and got it on release day. Amazing phone. Nice screen size and love the design!! If you're on an iPhone 5 or lower I'd definitely recommend the upgrade!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2014 10:28 AM BST

Pentax Q7 Compact System Camera with 5-15mm Zoom Lens Kit - Black (12MP) 3.0 inch HD LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome camera, 23 Jun. 2014
It truly is amazing. Was really astounded by the quality of the pictures. This fits the need of anyone who wants a powerful camera that takes good shots without having to buy a great big DSLR!! Would highly recommend

Swees® Ultra Slim Apple iPad Air (5th 2013 Version) Case Cover, Full Protection Smart Cover for iPad Air iPad 5 5th With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function + Screen Protector & Stylus Pen - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - protects the iPad and aesthetically pleasing!!, 7 May 2014
It's a cheap case costing £6 and comes with a stylus and screen protector. For the price it's VERY good and could pass for a case costing a lot more. It's sturdy too, as I've (very stupidly) dropped my iPad before, and I didn't find a scratch. I'm very surprised by all the reviewers saying the case has "sharp edges" though. I certainly haven't encountered any and it fits my iPad fine!!

Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (PC DVD)
Naruto Shippuden : Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Dec. 2013
Ever since UNS2 I'd been praying that there'd be a PC ninja storm game released eventually. Last night I was surfing amazon and came across UNS 3 Full Burst by accident, and nearly had a heart attack when I realized it was available for PC!! I bought this instantaneously and am in love with the game! Storyline is great, graphics are fantastic and it's just as good as the xbox and ps3 versions. Trust me, if you're not sure whether to buy it or not, BUY IT! It's great!!

Samsung T27B300 27 inch Widescreen LED TV/Monitor with Digital TV Tuner - Gloss Black (Full 1080P, Dolby Digital +, HDMI, VGA, USB, Scart)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor/TV!, 17 Dec. 2013
I bought this on eBay new for an absolute bargain (£84) and I've been really impressed. As mentioned by basically every other review, the power cable is ridiculously short, so much so that I had a difficult time connecting it from the top of my table to the main plug on the floor (a distance of about 75cm). Luckily I've got it connected fine, so didn't end up buying a new cable.

The monitor IS sturdy despite what others have said. Just make sure you screw the base on tight or it will wobble. It is quite thin but not so thin that it feels unstable. It also looks pretty sleek which is another added bonus -- the stock picture here on amazon doesn't really do it any justice!!

In terms of quality I've been impressed. I bought this mainly to use with my PC, but I have used the tv a few times. It's not really the best, and the colors look a tad strange, but I've been spoiled by my expensive tv downstairs, so can't compare the two!!

TV Menus are simple, taking all of 5 seconds to work out how to use and sound is quite good. All in all it's great!!

Tourte Mute Violin Small
Tourte Mute Violin Small
Offered by Omega Music (UK) Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 11 Nov. 2013
I bought this mute mainly because of the price and because the other reviews were good. HOWEVER, when I first started using it I noticed something wasn't quite right -- everything sounded the exact same! It's flimsy, barely sits on the bridge and is constantly coming off. Complete waste of money. Next time I'll opt for a more expensive option...

for iPhone 5 Nano SIM Card Adapter Black
for iPhone 5 Nano SIM Card Adapter Black
Offered by Stefanian

2.0 out of 5 stars Should of listened to the other reviews..., 11 Nov. 2013
If you are looking for an adapter for nano sim to micro sim, DON'T BUY THIS!!!

I had an iPhone 5 (nano sim) but sold it and bought Google's new Nexus 5 (micro sim). I needed a cheap way to put my nano sim in my new phone and so bought this.

As soon as I got it and opened it I was very disappointed. One can overlook the fact that the adapters feel flimsy and like they won't last, as in the phone, it doesn't matter how they feel.

What can't be overlooked is the fact that my nano sim did not fit into the micro sim adapter. Period. The slot was too big and the nano sim just fell out and wouldn't fit. I was too scared to carry on trying, as I knew if I did there would be a chance that it might get stuck in my phone and it would need to be repaired.

I didn't want to go through the hassle of refunding such a cheap item however, so got some glue and glued the back of my SIM card to the adapter. It worked,

My phone now works with my nano sim in the micro adapter, but if I ever go back to a nano sim phone, I'm going to have some problems getting it out...

The only reason I didn't give this one star is because I was able to glue the back to use it. Seriously though, don't waste your money, you're much better off either buying a more expensive, better quality (and less flimsy) adapter, or going to your local phone shop and getting it for free there.

Page: 1 | 2