Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos
Profile for Matthew Morrow > Reviews

Content by Matthew Morrow

Matthew Morrow "MJM" (Verona, Italy)

Rick Steves Rome 2016
Rick Steves Rome 2016
by Steves/Openshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Guide With Great Tips., 28 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Rick Steves Rome 2016 (Paperback)
As a frequent visitor to Rome and living in Italy I was looking for a guide book that gave something a little different. This book did not disappoint. I have just returned from a couple of days over Easter and I have to say I loved the comprehensive no nonsense style and practical details that really help. It is an engaging read and you can tell that the person who wrote it went to a lot of time and effort to give you a lot of useful information that you could be used practically. We visited Ostia Antica, one of the trips outside of Rome recommended by the book, and it was very accurate and easy to follow. It is a genuine book for genuine travellers who want to get the best out of their visit to Rome.

Berghaus Glacier Gaiter - Black/Black, Small/Medium
Berghaus Glacier Gaiter - Black/Black, Small/Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gaiter!, 15 May 2010
Really liked the look of these and I wanted a shorter length to prevent overheating. I have traversed bogs with these unscathed and while walking in Scotland in April walked through a foot of snow with completely dry feet. Very good under waterproof trousers to give that extra protection without the inevitable build up of moisture associated with full size gaiters.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Bats for Bats!!!, 5 Sept. 2009
Like a few people who have already written a review here I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the thought of another Batman game. Batman stuck in an Asylum trying to find the Joker just sounded like all the other superhero games that promise so much and then you find you can't really wander freely, the graphics aren't as hot as the advert says they are and the story is so lame it would never have been published as a graphic novel in the first place. This is different! Straight from the intro, the movement of the storyline and the tension built up by some great graphics and sound this is a truly brilliant game. I played the demo on the 360 and it was ok, ok enough for me to buy it, however this did not do the game justice it is by far the best game so far this year. Buy it!!!

Life Season 1 [DVD]
Life Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Damian Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Damian Lewis at his best, 12 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Life Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This series really is so fresh, funny and addictive. I caught the last 3 episodes on tv and had to buy the DVD. Damian Lewis is brilliant as Charlie Crews, the great writing makes each episode a pleasure. I am currently watching the 2nd series and it does get even better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, 15 July 2009
These are the first Merrell's I have bought and they are fantastic, from the first moment I put them on I could feel the difference in comfort from my old trainers. They are very well made and the quality is impressive. If you haven't bought Merrell before, do it, the Intercept is good and I am now looking for the next line up.

Halo Wars: Prima's Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Halo Wars: Prima's Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by David S J Hodgson

4.0 out of 5 stars War is over....already??, 5 April 2009
I really enjoyed playing this, much like Red Alert type games it allows you to build up your tech and beat the beasties with some great hardware. I had never played Halo I, II or III, therfore had no preconceptions about the game,I found the different interfaces to build buildings and units very intuitive but the game was too short. I am not a gamer and even I had finished all the scenarios in the first two difficulty levels within a few days. Multiplayer is my next step so this may keep me going longer. It is good fun and I can see myself going back to it again and again.

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hobbitastic!, 8 Mar. 2009
Great sweeping anthems blend seemlessly with ethereal haunting melodies, probably the best of the three soundtracks. I only hope Howard Shore is going to do the score for the new Hobbit film. Worth every penny!

Superman Returns (PS2)
Superman Returns (PS2)

3.0 out of 5 stars SuperBore, 19 Dec. 2006
Is it a bird, is it a plane no it's another Superman game that has under achieved. The game was fun at the start but then you realise there is no real plot or depth to the game it gets boring. Not worth buying send this one up,up and away.