Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Leicester United Kingdom)

Kid Rock
Kid Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars A change from the ordinary, 12 July 2005
This review is from: Kid Rock (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album! It's definitely a change from Cocky and Devil Without a Cause. Regardless, I happen to think that this album is genius and continues to show Kid Rock's fabulous talents as a musician. The songs are a blend of country mixed with rock. Rock N Roll Pain Train is in my opinion, one of the best Kid Rock songs I have ever heard.
I am and Single Father are emotional, thought-provoking songs of beauty. This album is a definite necessity for any true Kid Rock fan!

David Copperfield [DVD] [1999]
David Copperfield [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do the book justice!, 14 Mar. 2004
I read the book before I watched the movie and loved the book to bits. I liked the characters and how Dickens had developed them but it didn't come out in the movie. The beginning of the movie started well. Young David, older David, David's mum, peggotty, mr and miss murdstone, ham peggotty and Mr peggotty were cast perfectly. The young and the older Emily were completely wrong though. Young Emily is meant to be more shy and playful but in the movie, she wasn't at all! From then, it just got worse. Nicholas Lyndhurst was totally wrong for Uriah Heep and Agnes was terrible! Agnes is meant to be a very friendly, loving and guiding character in the book and thats why we grow to love her, but in the movie, she's always depressed and jealous of Dora. It's completely wrong! One of the most amazing characters was completely missed out! Thomas Traddles! Also, in the book, I thought it was great how David, Martha and Mr Peggotty found Emily after Rosa Dartle had but there was no Martha this time and it was not as good as it should have been. If you want my opinion, read the book first and then watch the movie otherwise your impressions will be spoilt. Try another version of David Copperfield!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2009 2:01 PM BST

David Copperfield (Wordsworth Classics)
David Copperfield (Wordsworth Classics)
by Charles Dickens

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGNIFICENT NOVEL, 29 Feb. 2004
This book is amazing and touching. Normally I would not attempt to read such a big book but I felt like a challenging read and I can not put it down. It is the story of David's life and I would recommend it to anybody since it is the only novel that has ever brought a tear to my eye. For me, this is not a book that I can read and return to a library, I need a copy of the magic within. The language may be difficult to understand at first but if you are patient, you will get the hang of it and it will be many times more rewarding. When reading a book, I like to read the story and come to the end of the book so that I know how it ends but with David Copperfield, of course I want to come to the end, but I also want to make the book last. I have been reading it for a month now and I still have 1/4 of the book to read. Because it is taking to long, it feels to me as though I am following David slowly through his life and I believe that is how this novel should be read.

Ever After: A Cinderella Story [1998] [DVD]
Ever After: A Cinderella Story [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Drew Barrymore

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and HILARIOUS!, 24 Feb. 2004
Growing up, Cinderella was my favourite Disney movies and this realistic yet also magical version is one for everyone! I thought it was amazing. Dougray Scott and Drew Barrymore were brilliant. Mostly what struck me was that the movie was hilarious, including when Danielle threw apples at the prince and when she threw a chicken at him! This is a beautiful adaption which will have you in laughter