Profile for March Hare > Reviews

Content by March Hare

March Hare "March Hare" (England)

EarPeace HD High Fidelity Hearing Protection: Ear Plugs for Concerts & Music Professionals (Red/White)
Offered by EarPeace Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy Music At A Safe Volume, 27 May 2016
I have been using Docs Proplugs for about 20 years as I already have tinnitus and didnt want it getting any worse or for my hearing to deteriorate .
I play guitar in a band and also go to a lot of gigs .
I usually find live music to be too loud and without some form of hearing protection I would have much louder ringing in my ears almost immediately .

Docs Proplugs were / are great as they generally cant bee seen , vanity being quite important for the gigging musician , less so for an audience member .The alternative has always been ear plugs that stick out of the ear and dont look quite so rock & roll !

I stumbled across the EarPeace plugs via a Youtube review whilst researching guitar pedals and thought after 20+ years of Proplugs I would try something different .

They are extremely comfortable to wear and even with the standard filters in place , reduce the volume by a greater degree than the Proplugs . Sounds is not muffled and I would best describe the effect as if you reached for the master volume dial for the room and rolled it off by a quarter turn . All frequencies can be heard in a balanced way ie treble is not removed completely and all you hear is lots of bass .

I would fully recommend them to all musicians and all gig goers , for me they are an " essential " rather than an " optional " .

CSL - 300 Mbit/s USB 2.0 WiFi (Wireless LAN / WiFi) Adapter Dongle | WPS button | Mimo Technology / WPA/WPA2 + WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK | Windows 10 / Raspberry Pi / MacOS capable
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Originally had a TP-Link USB WiFi that worked fine until I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8, 8 Sept. 2014
Originally had a TP-Link USB WiFi that worked fine until I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 , at which point it continually crashed the computer even after I upgraded all the TP-Link drivers .
Bought this as it was 8.1 compatible , it arrived very quickly and worked from the moment it was plugged in . Very fast and no problems . Excellent product .

Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
by John Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars Police lies and Alibis the perfect way to cry with laughter, 3 Oct. 2013
This is the third book out by John Donoghue and the third one I have read. It's the sequel to his police crime and 999 book which if you haven't read is well worth the money! This book is brilliantly funny but in comparison to Police crime and 999 I found it still had the same cracking humor but it took a more serious note, I thought. It really is a great way of seeing into the life of a front-line police officer with the funny humor needed to cope with a stressful job. This book will see you attend a variety of incidents all with a very well placed funny bit! From the disappearance of Yoda to domestics this book covers it all. I'd recommend this book to anyone even if you're not interested in policing because it'll have you laughing all day! If you're of a ginger disposition be careful there's a few ginger jokes!

Genuine Numatic HVR370P-22 Vacuum Cleaner Hoover Red Airo Power HiPro Brush
Genuine Numatic HVR370P-22 Vacuum Cleaner Hoover Red Airo Power HiPro Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry Air Turbo Brush, 11 July 2012
My Dyson upright died and I needed a replacement so originally went for a Vax , but that was constantly over heating and blocking up so I returned it and got a credit note from Argos.

I then after trying a fiends Henry decided to get one too.
All was well , it has more suction than any other vacuum I have had.BUT it failed to pick up dog hairs and was not good for my bad back as it takes some effort to push it over carpeted floor.

Wondering if a retrofit brush existed I googled it and found the Youtube clip of the Henry Air Turbo.It seemed the answer to my problem and so having read the reviews I bought one from Amazon.

On its arrival I was amazed at the effectiveness of the new brush , it converted the Henry into a very easy to use vacuum - no back pain and no dog hairs.
The spindle that hold the brushes as they rotate even has a groove in it so long hairs trapped on it can be cut off.
The fact that it uses the Henrys HUGE suction power to drive the turbo is pure design genius.

I was so pleased with the product I posted the Youtube clip on my Facebook page to let other Henry owners know that such an addition exists.

My only question is - why are any Henrys sold without the Air Turbo Brush ?

Police, Crime & 999: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Crime & 999: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
by John Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars Police, Crime & 999 Funny, Interesting & True, 28 April 2012
I bought this book after seeing people talking about it on twitter. This purchase has been a surprising turnout! I expected a serious read about frontline policing duties. What I got was that with all the banter and laughs that come with tackling a hard and demanding job. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, every page there was a laugh on it. I've also never read a book where the acknowledgements are funny! From cover to blurb a book of laughter! There are some thought provoking and interesting facts mixed in with the banter and the job. I really loved this book, and the style it was written in reminded me of Peep Show. After watching various TV programmes about the police it was nice to see a funny side to the force, one that is normally behind closed doors and only shared with other officers and the criminals. Anybody thinking of becoming a police officer should read this it's a great insight into the year's life of a PC "Panda Commander". This book shows all sides to being a rapid response officer turning up to all manner of instances. But no matter how serious these instances are something funny will either happen or come out of PC John Donoghue's mouth! From responding to time wasters who call because they cooked lunch when the husband was eating a sandwich (that's a crime in itself!), to the real and violent domestics. This book takes you on the journey from responding to suicides, natural deaths, crash scenes, burglary's and the damn right ridiculous to missing person hunts. It's a cracking read that had me laughing from the moment I opened the book. But sadly I have finished the book and now may have to re-read it just so my evenings are filled with a bit of humour before bed. I would Highly recommend this book to anyone (as long as they can read of course) and as John says if you don't want to read it because you dislike the police than it doubles up very effectively as a source to that notorious problem of a wobbly table leg! But my sever cases of laughing in the 6th form common room has now meant that I must lend this book to my mates. A thoroughly good read and one that you should buy!

Out of Control: The Last Days of "The Clash"
Out of Control: The Last Days of "The Clash"
by Vince White

5.0 out of 5 stars Out Of Control The Last Days Of The Clash, 3 May 2010
One of the few books that once I started reading it I could not put it down ,even whilst cooking and eating.Read it all in one sitting the day that it landed on my door mat.
At last the missing chapter of The Clash`s history is here for all to read.Vince White`s writing style is superb and makes you feel that the reader was actually there.
It doesn`t matter if you are a die hard Clash fan or just someone who enjoys a good read this book will entertain you.
I had seen Vince White`s line up of The Clash twice and they were superb and the new material was as good as anything that came before but the album version was awful.The story behind this and other tales are all here written by the man who was there.
Very interesting to see how manager Bernie Rhodes was in " Complete Control " manipulating everyone around him.What a bully.Sadly very disappointing that Joe Strummer my hero for over 30 years could allow himself to be so controlled.
It may change your views on a few things,the myth behind The Clash has been the accepted truth for long enough and now we have access to a big dose of reality.
Later this year a new documentary " The Rise And Fall Of The Clash " will also hopefully give a more balanced view and include the two years Vince`s line up toured and recorded.
Well done Vince a trueley great read and I hope the first of many books from this great writer.

Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter
Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Wirless G Gaming Adapter, 4 Mar. 2010
A friend who is more computer friendly than me installed it for me in about 15 minutes flat.It has worked perfectly with our Xbox Live ever since.Dont believe the negative reviews this is perfect for Xbox gaming.For the price of the Microsoft version you can buy this and a Belkin wireless router too.I would fully recommend it to anyone wanting to start on line gaming wirelessly.

TomTom XL Classic Western Europe Satellite Navigation System
TomTom XL Classic Western Europe Satellite Navigation System

5.0 out of 5 stars First Sat Nav, 28 Jan. 2010
Put off buying one of these for years.Then I took a journey with my boss using his Tom Tom One.As I do a lot of driving with my job I realised straight away what a huge advantage it was to have a navigator in the car with me.
Very simple to use and a vast array of additional useful information over and above basic directions ie time of arrival,distance,speed cameras,speed limit,speeding warning sound etc.
Bought the XL because it was only a little more than the basic model and had a bigger screen that suited my thumb fingered approach !
I am now a complete convert to Sat Navs and would Recommend the Tom Tom XL to anyone wanting a simple stress free way of getting from A to B.
I think this is a big contribution to road safety as it leaves you free to watch the other traffic rather than map reading whilst driving.