Profile for Chris Smith > Reviews

Content by Chris Smith

Chris Smith "Tech Guy" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Trust Raina 2.1 Subwoofer Speaker Set - Black
Trust Raina 2.1 Subwoofer Speaker Set - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Value, 29 Dec. 2015
Great value speakers that deliver a lot for the tiny price. I was pretty impressed with the build quality, sound and look of these speakers for the price. The sounds clear and bassy enough at decent volumes, although you can't push them too loud. All in all great speakers for the price.

The USB power source is ideal as this means the speakers turn on and off with your PC.

The cables are of good length too so you can use with say a desktop/tower computer on the floor and still have the speakers on your desk.

iPhone Charger Cable, RAVPower MFI Lightning to USB Cable, Syncing and Charging for iPhone 6S 6 Plus SE 5S 5C 5, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, Mini 4, iPod touch 5th / nano 7th gen and Apple Devices (3 Feet, Apple Certified, 30 Months WARRANTY) - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Cable, 7 Nov. 2015
This is a very well put together quality cable which also looks a lot slicker than the Apple originals. Judging by the build quality I'm sure the cable will last a long time. Charging and syncing works perfectly on both my iPhone and iPad and is as fast as the Apple originals.

I've bought the Amazon Basics cables before and have always been impressed with them too but saw this and liked the aesthetics so thought I'd give it a go.

Highly recommended.

XO Digital Optical Toslink Cable 3m / 3 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, PS4, XBOX One, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Cable, 7 Nov. 2015
These are a fantastic quality cable. Really well made and perfect sound quality using the cable to connect my TV and surround sound system. Now every HDMI device connected to my device goes to the surround sound system by default and passes on the 5.1 surround sound.

PIFCO 2/2 m 6-Gang Surge Protected Extension Lead
PIFCO 2/2 m 6-Gang Surge Protected Extension Lead
Offered by NIGHT STAR

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap But Effective Power Strip, 7 Nov. 2015
This is a cheap surge protected power strip which does the job. I bought three together and they all work fine however the LED on one isn't lighting up so not sure whether this means the surge protection isn't working. (I'll update this review once I have contacted the seller for advice).

Verbatim 43710 52x Vinyl Printable CD-R - Spindle 25 Pack
Verbatim 43710 52x Vinyl Printable CD-R - Spindle 25 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid CDs which look fantastic, 7 Nov. 2015
These CDs really look amazing. I use an Epson printer (Epson Expression Photo XP-860) and SureThing Disc Labeller Gold 6 and get perfect results printing onto these CDs.

I've had no miss-writes out of three boxes of these CD's and have written to them on a number of devices. I've always used and recommended Verbatim media and this product lives up to my expectations. I use Nero Burning ROM 2016 to write CDs and DVDs and find it to be the most reliable burning solution.

If you're having problems writing to them I'd recommend updating your optical drive's firmware as this is usually the source of mis-writes.

Plex
Plex

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Media Player, 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Plex (App)
I use Plex on a number of devices including SmartTVs around my house. This app was purchased for use on a FireTV stick. As usual Plex lives up to expectations. Perfect video and sound quality and a very well designed interface making finding your media files a breeze and also looks fantastic with media artwork and film descriptions, trailers, extras etc.

It's very fast on the FireTV stick, no lags moving around menus and loads videos very quickly.

The only issues I've found using the app are:
- Initial setup should configure your screen correctly to not be cropped and missing edges. However the app did not prompt me to configure this so had to configure manually after by going into settings and adjusting the size of the display.
- The default setting for "bitrate over WIFI" is low (2MB) this results in your server having to transcode everything and lower picture quality. This can be altered to higher bit rates though through settings and it's worth a bit of trial and error getting the right value for your media and home network so you get great picture quality with no stuttering. I set mine to 1080p and 8mb/s as suited my network and the media files I have so no need for transcoding.
- By default the app wants to use "experimental media player", I unticked this box in settings and got much better results.

Overall a great app. The limits that I have outlined above may be due to hardware limitations of the FireTV Stick and/or being WIFI only hardware and once you've tweaked the settings it all works perfectly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2015 12:50 PM GMT

YogaAddict Men Yoga Short Pant, Ideal for Any Yoga Style, Pilates, Martial Arts, Gym, Outdoor Activities
Offered by YogaAddict [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly made training shorts, 6 Nov. 2015
These shorts are super comfortable for yoga and other physical training. They are the best shorts I've ever worn to the gym due to them not hindering movement in any way. They're exactly what I was looking for, I'm 6ft tall and have the XL pair, they're not tight and not baggy, exactly the right size and fit.

I'm going to order another couple of pairs as I've ended up wearing them about the house too as they're so comfortable.

The material quality is spot on and the production quality is perfect, I'm sure they'll last a long time even with my Gym routine.

I can see me using them in summer a lot for cycling as they don't look out of place when you're out and about, pretty casual looking.

I have to say also; the packaging and presentation was also excellent. Something I wasn't expecting with a pair of shorts! - You feel like you've got a premium product as soon as you open the parcel.

I'd highly recommend these shorts to anyone looking for great training clothing that doesn't hinder movement.

Disclosure: I did receive these shorts free for review purposes but I can honestly say this has not affected my objective review of this product. They are truly a product I would recommend and as I said I will be buying another pair shortly.

TDK T18770 52x CDR-80 50 Piece Cakebox
TDK T18770 52x CDR-80 50 Piece Cakebox
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality CD-Rs, 18 Sept. 2015
Good quality CDs and I haven't had a single write failure out of the last 50 piece box.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m / 3 Feet - White
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m / 3 Feet - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Cables, 18 Sept. 2015
These AmazonBasics leads are of really high quality. I have a number of them myself and recommend them to friends whenever they ask what the best replacement lead is. Really sturdy construction so they last and they charge and sync perfectly.

CableSense - 3 M CAT6 FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable Lead - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6/Patch/Ethernet/Modem/Router/

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well made, 18 Sept. 2015
I love these cables, really well made and work perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20