Profile for S Rooney > Reviews

S Rooney (London)

Ghosts
Ghosts

5.0 out of 5 stars Mercurial, 3 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Ghosts (Audio CD)
This just proves that a truly awesome album does not automatically do well. Maybe it's because her talent is mercurial and the music not sit neatly into a box. It is Cocteau Twins vs Kate Bush one minute, Sheryl Crow vs a didgeridoo the next.

However, every time I hear it, it just blows me away. Buy it and tell all your friends about it........

Village School (Fairacre)
Village School (Fairacre)
by Miss Read

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Bagarama!, 10 July 2007
At first sight it was all too easy for me to dimiss these novels as 'cotton wool head' fodder. On the other hand, once I had read one, I felt compelled to read them all. At the end of a crazy day I find that reading Miss Read is a healthy, albeit guilt-ridden, alternative to Mogadon. I love the slow pace, the importance put on seemingly minor everyday subjects and the time taken out to just stop and reflect.

Would I admit this to my Ibiza-going, uber-cool partying friends? Are you kidding?! av it!!

Morningwood
Morningwood
Offered by CAC Media UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Every teenager should have one, 1 April 2006
This review is from: Morningwood (Audio CD)
This album may not be the most orginal nor have the best production, but it's got chutzpah and that's why I like it. Over analysis is not the order of the day here. Take it round the back of the bikesheds, crank up the volume, crack open the cider and mosh yourself dizzy....