Profile for Lady Vibart > Reviews

Content by Lady Vibart

Lady Vibart (north wales, Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Helios Sleep Pillules
Helios Sleep Pillules
Offered by Helios Homoeopathy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and safe for a good nights sleep!, 9 April 2017
I bought these for my husband who doesn't believe in homeopathy or anything his GP hasn't prescribed. He grudgingly started taking them and now sleeps at least 6/7 hours a night as opposed to 4/5. I even heard him recommending them to a friend. He told me yesterday that he was getting low in them so I've just ordered another pack. So they work very well and have no side effects except a good and restful nights sleep. I've bought other tablets both herbal and homeopathic but none did the job as well as these. Helios is a brilliant company and long may it remain so. I would highly recommend these if you need help sleeping. As well as removing all screens, blue lights etc from the bedroom, and making sure your curtains really exclude the light.

The War of the End of the World
The War of the End of the World
by Mario Vargas Llosa

4.0 out of 5 stars A moving 'God's on our side' epic about freedom and redemption, gore and all! A real page turner as always with Vargas Llosa., 9 April 2017
This is a very moving and detailed story of a real uprising in Brazil against the 'liberal and anti Christian ' government by a band of impoverished and starving peasants. The leader if the peaceful rebellion is Antonio Conseleiro, known throughout as the Counsellor. His ability to inspire even the hardest criminal and murderer, the tough 'canganceiros' of the mountains and plains, to repent and accept the peace and charity, love of ones fellow humans, forgiveness etc offered by his version of Christianity is powerful indeed and so seen by the government as a threat to stability in the country. It's a very long book and also very exciting full, as it is, with colourful characters( sadly mainly male- The author doesn't seem to have many strong female characters in his novels), wig all their frailties and strengths, amazing courage and their simplicity. It depicts the humanity of both sides. The soldiers deceived by their leaders and with little backup and the 'rebels' fighting for their lives, but also their principles and beliefs. And Vargas is in his element describing in minute and brilliant detail the horror and ugliness and ultimate futility if war - especially civil war. He has the ability to project the honesty and humanity as well as the evil and violence of both sides. He's good at portraying the sincere but often misguided beliefs of decent captains and General's mislead and abandoned by the politicians safe I. Their cities away from the bloodshed and carnage, as in ' Oh what a lovely war!'. In the end, neither side really wins, even though one side eventually loses. The extent and variety of the characters from the crippled and lovable Lion to the deeply scarred Satan Joao, the grating voice if the nameless and shameless cowardly journalist, and the mad passions of the red haired British 'spy' and the guide he cuckolds, reflect a sensitivity and awareness of human nature that makes this a joy to read on that level - if you can cope with the carnage that is.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An effective and gentle remedy for stress, immune system and general well being!, 9 April 2017
I've been buying Ashawaganda from Organic India for over a year and find they are really helpful for reducing stress and helping wig a good nights sleep. They are also a support for the immune system and other organ functions. They take a couple of weeks at least to arrive from India but are very well priced so worth the wait. Ashawaganda is a herb highly prized by herbalists both in the West and in India and so far there have been no side effects for my husband who has high blood pressure or for me. Neither of us have had couches, colds etc since we've been taking them. Like all herbal products, I think it's good to take a break from them occasionally and notice the difference, and also don't expect it to be a magic bullet! It takes at least a week, and maybe more depending on individual health, to start feeling the effects. I don't like taking Pharmaceutical products because if all the side effects so this a gentle and natural remedy that works well for us. It can also beneficially effect bowel movement, especially if constipation is an issue, in some people.

Padders Lyric 857 - Eee/Eeee Fit Red Shoes UK: 9.0
Padders Lyric 857 - Eee/Eeee Fit Red Shoes UK: 9.0
Offered by Factory Shoe Shop Olney

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, comfortable, well priced = happy feet🤗, 9 April 2017
Looking for smart comfortable shoes as you get older, especially if you're not the classic size 5 gets more difficult so I was very happy to come across these shoes. I'm sure I had a similar pair when I was 7 which pleased me just as much😊.
They arrived within a day or so of ordering and were well packaged. The shoe, which is a wide fit, has a good removable inner sole moulded to the shape of the foot which can be removed if wearing thicker socks or stockings etc or any kind of 'ortho' heel or instep support etc. They have an adjustable Velcro strap so no fuss and it looks nice as its patent leather rather than some of the other straps that look like orthopaedic shoes. The sole has a good pattern and so doesn't slip on the yorkstone flags we have, even when they're wet. They look smart both with a skirt or trousers, short or long. I've worn them all day for walking round a city, and they don't 'draw' my feet the way some shoes can. They seem well made and are available in other colours, I just love the red patent. It's a rich cherry red and goes with lots of things. Maybe they'll do a Royal blue and emerald green and I'd be in seventh heaven. So well done Padders for coming up with a smart, pretty and comfy shoe in a large size and wide fit. Unheard of 10 years ago. The price is good and I've seen similar for over £100 so I really can't recommend these shoes enough. They would look good in any age and any size.

OfficeWorld Replacement for Epson 33 33XL Ink Cartridges High Capacity Compatible with Epson Expression Premium XP-640 XP-530 XP-830 XP-635 XP-900 XP-630 XP-540 XP-645
Offered by IfreeMall

5.0 out of 5 stars Work like a dream and very economical. 10/10, 3 April 2017
I have had problems with ink cartridges for my New Epson XP -630 as I've noted in the review in said printer - it even rejected original Epsom cartridges. And like other buyers I've tried a good few compatibles which just weren't, so a waste if money. I was a bit sceptical about the Office world ones but the offer to refund cost and return postage convinced me they must be pretty confident. And with every reason. These cartridges went in with no problem and even let me ignore the printer's dire warnings about using them. The printin is fine both in colour and just B&W but u don't do photos so I can't comment on that area. I'm really delighted with them as we were considering buying another Black and white laser printer because of all the money and time wasted on both this and the previous printer( they exchanged it for me with a reconditioned one after 10 weeks- I wasn't impressed as I'd bought a brand new one from Amazon - but it's got me where I want to be now I've discovered Office world compatible Epson cartridges which at less then £20 for a full set, make the £82+ of Epsons original look rather daft for every day use, including business letters and contracts. I can't say if it's good enough for real geeks or people that do professional photocopies but I will say the prints look just the same as the ones I did with the Epson starter pack that was already in the printer. A real find and and thank you Office world! I totally recommend these ink cartridges.

Rick Stein's Long Weekends
Rick Stein's Long Weekends
by Rick Stein

2.0 out of 5 stars Just another cookbook! Totally different and inferior to the TV series! Disappointing., 12 Feb. 2017
Having watched Ricks series Long Weekends, I was tempted to buy the book. But it's a real disappointment as instead of following the series and being divided into each weekend eg Oporto/ Bordeux etc, it's just like any other cook book with starter, mains, desserts and the weekends all jumbled up. Not a good plan. The whole point of the series was to give us a taste of the food of each area along with a small cultural snapshot of the city. This does not happen and it's a great shame. Some of the recipes are a bit tame compared to the original too but I can cope with that and tart them up myself. But I really can't recommend it, unless you're just looking for another old cookbook. It doesn't capture the atmosphere or culture of the different places In The slightest and this a great shame as it was a good TV production. I can't understand why they thought changing the book so totally from the series would work. It doesn't . Don't bother buying it. And maybe the publishers will get the message!

Biofreeze pain relief roll-on 89ml
Biofreeze pain relief roll-on 89ml
Offered by Gelpacksdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven in a roll on for sore muscles and joints!, 12 Feb. 2017
I've used Biofreeze for several years on sore muscles and joints and it's really fast acting and effective. And safe. I've always used the tube before and found the blue gel often slipping straight off my fingers onto the mat, which then gets stained and you lose the gel! So this roll on gel is ideal. I can even hold it upside down to roll round my neck and shoulder muscles, ankles etc. It's very economic as it just comes out as you roll and you can keep adding more if you need it by rerolling. Very good idea and great product. This roll-on has already lasted 2 weeks longer than the 118ml tube I usually get, and it's nowhere near empty yet so it's more economical. A very good product. I highly recommend it.

EPSON 33 Claria Oranges Premium Photo Ink Cartridge - Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow (Multi-Pack)
Offered by CC Leicester

1.0 out of 5 stars My new Epsom printer rejected these recommended inks every time!, 12 Feb. 2017
These are the recommended authentic inks for my Epsom 630, but I had to return them as the brand new machine just rejected them every time. I even paid a PC techie to come and put them in, assuming I'd done something wrong. But no, he couldn't fathom it out either and got the same rejection as I did. When you ring Epson, they offer to replace your printer with a used one that's been overhauled ' so you won't be more than a day without a printer'. But in fact they send a guy with a reconditioned machine and use the box it's delivered in to take yours away in. You have no recipes or guarantee as to where you got it or when so if it goes wrong you're stuck! This is a real shame as the printer is actually very good and does what I need but the inks are about £60+ a time and compatible ones have no chance so Epson should really make it so the inks they sell and recommend actually work in their machines.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2017 4:33 PM BST

The Recipe Hacker: Comfort Foods Without Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Grain, or Cane Sugar
by Diana Keuilian

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly simple, Paleo but not vegan. Amusing and well thought out., 12 Feb. 2017
I came across Diane's blog by chance and liked what she said and her easy and amusing writing style. So I ordered the book. It has lots of great photos, the ingredients are clearly set out with quantities and alternatives and the instructions are very clear. And you can get most if not all the products eg almond flour, coconut sugar, carob powder etc in the UK. It's basically a Paleo style cook book and there quite a few recipes for alternative versions of snacks, cakes, buns etc as well as savoury stuff. It is all straightforward and easy to follow, especially if you're an experienced cook but ok I imagine for new cooks too. It's not at all 'chefy', but down to earth and ideal for couples, families and singletons who want to explore a nutritious and Paleo way of cooking. Whether almond flour is healthier than Spelt or straight wheat flour remains to be proved. There are arguments on both sides so you have to decide on that. There are also some good meat recipes as its not a Vegan cookbook though I think she gives a veg alternative. An intersting, enjoyable and useful addition to my cookery book case!

Vinsani Tri Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer Spiralizer Cutter in Green & White
Vinsani Tri Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer Spiralizer Cutter in Green & White
Offered by Vinsani (UK Seller)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun gadget that is also useful. Great value and sturdy too., 12 Feb. 2017
I have a lot of gadgets so had serious doubts about adding yet another. However the cheap price and other reviews etc made up my mind. This is a very good and easy to use gadget. I haven't bought a book on spiralising yet but had fun making beetroot. Potatoe, onion, carrot, broccoli stem 'spaghetti ' to be used in different ways. The machine is quite solidly made though not heavy. The three different sets of blades for thick, thin spaghetti, slicing etc etc are very easy to insert and also to clean, and two are stored under the platform of the spiraliser when not being used. The whole of the top plate with the handle etc slips out very easily for washing too. So all very well thought out and little fuss with cleaning and maintenance. Like another reviewer, at first I bought it would not stick to the work surface. But a friend had a go on my glass chopping board as opposed to the tiled surface and after wetting the underneath rubber suction pad, it stuck fast. It also stuck well on my other Formica-like work tops. The thing is to not be scared when turning the little switch on the back 180* degrees. It was a bit tough the first few times, but now it's fine. You don't actually need it to stick to the work surface as you can hold the side lever with the left hand as you turn the handle with the right hand. But if it adheres, it's a bit easier perhaps. And yes, it is ESSENTIALS to trim both ends of the vegetable or fruit so they are absolutely flat otherwise it breaks it into little rings or broken pieces instead of lovely long spaghetti, which is what you're aiming for. It also leaves an amusing tall thin mushroom shape when you finish each veg etc which can be cooked or chopped and eaten.
I tend to use it when I'm doing a light supper - maybe some broth and then I just drop in two or three or more spaghetti veg which cook very quickly, and I'm usually hungry and in a hurry, and you have a nutritious meal in minutes. I like it to look pretty so tend to mix the colours if I can so carrot, beetroot or celeriac, and broccoli stem( I shave the outer layer off as it can be tough, ) looks good. Or you can spiralizer some potatoes and onions( red onions look nice) toss it in olive oil, salt and pepper and maybe lemon juice and grated garlic if you like that and put it in an oven proof tray or dish in a hot oven 190-220C for about 10 minutes. This gives you a tasty carb dish to serve with chicken, fish, lamb or an omelette etc. And it tastes delicious and quicker than steaming, boiling, frying potaoes etc. And of course you eat the veg raw or steam it or do it in the wok with sesame oil and soy sauce etc. So it's very versatile. I've not done any fruit yet, but want to try apples, pineapples, mangos maybe. So I think if you like being a bit creative, this is a great little machine to have. And I'm sure anyone with children who struggle with veg. could easily convince them this was 'cool' spaghetti! I thoroughly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10