Profile for tre > Reviews

tre

Fishdom
Fishdom

5.0 out of 5 stars so good😁, 25 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Fishdom (App)
If I could rate this 100 out of 5 I would!😁👍🎆

Scotch Magic Rabbit Tape Dispenser (Pink) with 1 roll of Scotch Magic Tape, 19mm x 15m (C29-P)

5.0 out of 5 stars a satisfying little rabbit, 22 Jan. 2015
I purchased my Rabbit tape dispenser from the web site a short while back. I couldn't wait for my boyfriend to arrive home from work to test it out.
It looked very impressive to start with in the packaging. We unwrapped it and got straight down to it. We tried with just a few inches to start with. It felt very nice. The revolving motion soon had me enjoying every turn.

Then the fun really started. With a few more inches of tape. It was simply amazing!

For the money, this product is excellent and comes very highly recommended by me.

Empire: Four Kingdoms
Empire: Four Kingdoms

1.0 out of 5 stars was good until upgrade, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Empire: Four Kingdoms (App)
As far as this type of game goes it is quite good. However I have had it for two days and been told I need to upgrade, no problem, apart from when you click upgrade it takes you to the kindle store where there is no option to upgrade. The game can't be played unless you upgrade but you can't upgrade so it is useless.

Standard Guide to Razors: Identification and Values
Standard Guide to Razors: Identification and Values
by Roy Ritchie

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for razor fans, 22 Sept. 2011
This book is simply fantastic!

Having been an avid collector of razors for about a year or so I recently started trying to really expand my knowledge. I'm so glad I bought this. The book starts off with a short history of shaving covering various hair removal practices, it offers comment on the role the decline of straight razors played to the start of social decay (honestly it does!) and offers various other comments and anecdotes from authors who clearly know and love the subject. Most of the book offers a degree of gentle humour, I found myself smirking away to myself when I read it the first time and still find myself laughing when ever I read it (which, part of, has been read pretty much every day since I got it)

The book moves on the some simple but detailed guides on things like scale material, I really find this useful. Then comes a massive section on valuations, it follows a simple formula which is fun to try and nicely surprising when you work out the value of some items. Some advice is offered on preservation of razors and there is a short section covering shaving techniques. The book is finished off with a fantastic guide to auction buying giving advice on what to look out for.

Having never met anyone else who shares my passion for razors, this book came as a godsend. Its like having experienced mentor there with me at such a vital early stage of my hobby. I believe this would appeal to people of all levels of experience of the hobby, its highly informative, very easy to follow and I think the content is right for the new and old collector alike.

Perhaps the biggest praise I can offer is that this book now goes everywhere with me!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy, 31 July 2011
Awful product.

I have several straight razors, plus my disposable one I use when I go away as my others are too expensive to break in packing. These blades are awful, in years of using a straight razor i have one scar, and it came from these blades. I would not use them again, I would not advise others to do so either. The cutting edge is inconsistent and awful at best.

please dont put ur face through this!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2013 7:22 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boat!, 31 July 2011
Got this for my son and me to play about on the river Ettrick. I had a pretty good idea what I would be getting and in no way did this fall short on expectation.

Assembly was quick, I didn't time it but my wife tells me by lack of stomping about and swearing it must have been less then 15 mins to inflate, attach rope, and assemble oars. No other assembly is needed. One thing I worry about with inflatables is if I have put enough or too much air into it. A very good feature of this is a little ruler that measures 10cm that you can lay on a guide on the boat, not enough air and the 10cm guide on the boat is too small, too much and its over the 10cm on the ruler, ideal solution and very handy.

The two worst features of this are the instruction manual, its not really needed anyway but it applied to all boats in their range and was little confusing, I worked assembly out better without it. The feature was the oars, I couldn't quite get them to be as comfortable as I would have liked, the retainer ring was either too high or too low on the oar, the position in which I could stop the ring from moving forced the top of the oars too close together, and the position that let the ring slip had the obvious problem of it slipping. This said neither of these issues should put anyone off buying this product, as the pros easily out weigh the cons.

The boat offers good features, such as the retainer rings (albeit the positioning problem mentioned) to stop you from losing the oars, the oar holders and the fishing rod holders. I didn't like the equipment bag that came with it, but there was nothing wrong with it as such, it worked well i suppose, but wasnt something I found to be needed. The pump worked well and quick, the guide rope was sufficient, some excess would have been nice.

Space was ok. Im 6' 4" and could sit in comfort, from bow to stern I filled the space when in it alone, there was enough space just to squeeze my son in too, either kneeling up or sitting with his feet close to my groin (next year he will have to kneel! lol) But as a tall adult and a 4" plus child there was space enough for us, not much to spare, but there was some.

In terms or strength again I cant fault it. The river I used it on is very changeable from deep to shallow in a space of meters, and the stones can be big and jagged, dragging the boat over there, or rowing into them at speed has done no damage what so ever. No scratching to the underside, and nothing at all from the bigger impacts I had. I didn't quite dare take it over the small rapids but I think it would survive it if I had (Im not suggesting anyone should try to prove me wrong)

All in all this was a very good product, and I would highly recommend, so much so I will buy a second for next summers holiday for my wife to use whilst my son and I are in the other.

Northcore Double soft roofracks
Northcore Double soft roofracks
Offered by SurfSurfSurf North Devon

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, 8 Oct. 2010
I have a small 3 door car, its a older car and so things like roof racks for it are not cheap. Not wanting to spend a lot on something I might only use once or twice a year, I decided to give this a try. I simply cant fault this product in any way what so ever. I packed all i needed for 3 people for a weeks camping holiday, and strapped it to the roof and off we went.

I was expecting the rack to have a bit of give in it, to shift slightly, but staring at it fixatedly for most of a two hour journey covering both dual carriage ways and narrow single track lanes up steep inclines, it did not budge at all. I thought it would shift about from side to side, and forwards and back, even just by a few inches, but it didnt, it held fast.

To set up took no more that a few mins to attach and no longer to fasten the straps. All in all i guess it took maybe about ten mins from package to being loaded and ready to go. No tricky bits, very straight forward. even on a 3dr hatchback with a sunroof it was easily attached, and did the job perfectly.

This is an ideal item for infrequent users of roof racks, it offers a no fuss solution, and people shouldnt be put off by the fact its sold as a surf product, I used it to hold big holdalls, and it couldnt have done the job better.

Im by nature a very critical person and like to moan and find fault where others dont, but this product I found simply faultless.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2012 9:35 PM BST