Profile for H. Marshall > Reviews

H. Marshall (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the more expensive ones, 13 Jun. 2017
I had one of the more expensive Umbra-branded ones, but had to replace it after a while due to mould growing around the sucker parts that I couldn't get to properly to get rid of. I was pleased to see cheaper ones available, and a real bonus for me is that this one comes in a blue colour (vs. the greeny-blue one I had before), so suits my bathroom really well.

It works just as well as the more expensive one, sticks around the bath plughole fine, and has a smaller gap between the sucker and the bottom of the star, so I'm hoping will mean less mould will grow there, although I'm sure it'll be just as difficult to remove if/when that does eventually happen. Still, at under £2, I'm happy to replace it once or twice a year as needed worst-case scenario.

HNNHOME Rubber Plastic Bath Shower Screen Seal Strip For 4-6mm Glass Door Curved Straight 16-22mm Gap
Offered by HNNHOME

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, keeps the water in well, 9 Jun. 2017
I was a little apprehensive, with this being the first shower screen seal I'd bought/fitted, but it went on easily enough once I got the knack of it and I love the longer side, which, having fit that piece on the inside of the screen, works much better at keeping the water in than the way the old seal was fitted by the installer with the long piece on the outside, so I now have less water leaking too. I'll definitely buy this again next time a replacement is needed when the current one goes mouldy.

Baby Nursery Care Kit Infant Complete Nursery Care Kit By LinTimes Baby Healthcare 10 Pieces Thermometer Grooming Manicure Set Baby Nail Care Practical Clipper Trimmer Convenient Daily Baby Hair Brush Blue
Offered by Best Service Here

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice grooming kit, would be a lovely present, 9 Jun. 2017
I was looking for a couple of individual items contained in this kit, but was pleased to see it all offered together in one collection and for a reasonable price. It's a shame there are only 2 colour choices, as I would have preferred white myself - and, indeed, didn't know the sex of the baby at the time of buying - but I'm sure most people would be fine with blue or pink. I went for blue even though I thought it was going to be a girl, as the bathroom is white & blue so I figured the items would fit better in there that way, and I'm sure baby won't mind using 'boy' colours.

I was especially pleased to see the nasal aspirator included, as friends have told me that this has been a really useful item, and I'm expecting a winter baby, so I'm sure this will come in handy very soon! It's also not something I'd have expected in a grooming kit, so is is a nice and useful bonus. Likewise with the thermometer, although we will probably buy a forehead one too.

There are plenty of items in the set to cover grooming needs for your little one, and this would make a lovely gift set for a parent-to-be. I haven't actually used the items yet but have had a good look at them and they appear to be of decent quality. I look forward to using them when baby arrives!

Bakers As Good As It Looks Assorted Menus Dog Food 4 x 280 g (Pack of 4, 16 Tubs in Total)
Offered by tonygold

4.0 out of 5 stars The meaty chunks were popular with my dog, 9 Jun. 2017
I gave this to my dog to try for the first time a few weeks ago, feeding it alongside Bakers adult dry dog food, and he was certainly a fan. Often, when I try him with something new, there's a real novelty factor and he loves it at first but then is much less bothered a week later. With this, he was still happily and eagerly chomping it down all the way through the multi-pack, which is definitely a good sign.

The food looks appetising (as much as dog food can!), with some nice-sounding flavour combos, and the chunks look higher-quality than typical canned food, plus the vegetable bits make it look more balanced and interesting. It also doesn't smell too strong/bad, which some food is definitely guilty of, and the packages are easy to store and to open. There was no need to reseal the tub for my dog's portion size, but that's a handy feature for anyone with a smaller dog so they can split the pack. The one drawback I did find it that a tub is a little too big for one meal but not enough for 2 for my dog (vs. giving him half a can twice a day), but not by a huge amount.

Of course, it's good to read that the food is balanced and contains vitamins and minerals, which makes me feel I'm looking after my dog.

It's more expensive than his usual food, but I'd certainly buy it again on promotion if the price was right, as it seems good quality and my dog definitely enjoyed it.

VWH Glow In The Dark Plastic Stickers Baby Kids Ceiling Wall Room (Y0017)
VWH Glow In The Dark Plastic Stickers Baby Kids Ceiling Wall Room (Y0017)
Offered by DIY Tip Top

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute stickers for cheap, fun decoration, 15 Mar. 2017
There are some really cute designs in this pack. I particularly like the star with a face, which is the main reason I bought this. The stickers glow well, as expected, and I'm looking forward to being able to put them up to make the room look amazing.

They arrive on one sheet, which gets a little rolled up in the post, but they all look OK and I have confidence that they'll stick on the walls/ceiling just fine.

Not much more to say really, but I definitely recommend these cute stickers for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little travel gadget, 15 Mar. 2017
This is a really handy little bathroom gadget. I'm planning to take this with me next time I visit a hotel so I have somewhere to keep my toothbrush without having to lie in on the bathroom surfaces or prop it up on something. The suckers work well on tiles and just on my kitchen tops where I tested it, and it's the right size for standard toothbrushes, allowing them to stand up without toppling over. It's a good size, and would be easy to store in a washbag.

The product packaging shows some other possible uses for it too, e.g. for holding pens, but I think I'll stick with toothbrushes, as that'll be really handy when travelling.

There's not much more to say really, but I definitely recommend this for travelling.

TypeandColor® Sports Running Adjustable Armband For Samsung Galaxy S6 / Galaxy S6 Edge Phone Case Cover Pouch Sleeve Gym Exercise Key Holder (Black / Grey Line, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge)
Offered by TypeandColor

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful phone holder for excercising, 15 Mar. 2017
This fits my Samsung Galaxy S6, but only if I take off the protective case I normally have it in - although I had expected that from reading other reviews. It isn't really easy to press any buttons on the phone while it's in this case, so it's really just a holder. I think I'd need to take it out of the case to answer a call, but if you just want to be able to keep your phone on you, it's fine for that.

It seems to be a decent enough build quality, although watch out for the velcro bits as I caught one a bit trying to get it through the loops and it started to come away, so there is a weakness there. if you're careful with it, it should be fine though, and once it's looped through, it should be OK.

I found the loop a bit confusing, as having it through both holes made it uncomfortable to wear, so I'm just using the B hole, which is easier for me. I guess it's a little less secure that way, but the velcro seems strong enough and, as long as I'm careful when removing it from my arm, I don't foresee any issues.

It seems to stay in place fine. I've not been jogging in it yet, but have tried it and it seems secure, and adjustable, so should fit most people. Of course, the smaller you have it, the more velcro is attached, so I'd perhaps recommend it more for women or those with smaller arms, but I thibnk that's pretty standard with these things.

USB Cable Lightning Cable Charger Cable USB 3 in 1 Cable 4FT/1.2M (Lightning/Micro USB/Micro USB Connectors) and Function 2 in 1 (Fast Charge and Lightning Data Sync) [Lightning+Micro+Micro, Black]
Offered by Bonusis Electronic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Android/iPhone houses, 24 Feb. 2017
This works well with both my Samsung S7 and my boyfriend's iPhone (5 series, I think), allows us to charge both at once, and is a nice, quality-looking and -feeling coloured cable. It's a decent length too, feels of a good build quality and connects securely with no problems. My boyfriend's iPhone can be a bit funny with some cables, but has been fine every time with this one, with no need to wiggle it around or anything, so I would definitely recommend this.

Distinct® Silver Plated Glow In Dark Locket Pierced Hollow Cube Tree Pendant Luminous Statement Chocker Necklace (Purple)
Offered by excellent distinct

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit hit and miss, but looks quite nice when glowing, 24 Feb. 2017
The picture is rather misleading, as the chain and metal cage parts are silver not gunmetal and the purple is nowhere near that shade. It's white when not glowing and does glow purple after being exposed to light, but not as brightly and in as nice a shade as in the picture. It's still a nice item in the dark once you get it working, but it's a shame it's not even a light purple when not activated, as I'd expected it to be like glow-in-the-dark blue, green, orange and pink things usually are. I actually thought it was faulty at first due to this.

I ended up with 2 of these, as the first one got lost in the post for a few weeks. The seller was very good at getting back to me and immediately sent out a replacement, then both arrived! It was lucky for me though, as the first one doesn't glow at all, so these necklaces seem to be a bit hit and miss.

It's not great quality, as you'd expect for the price, but would be a nice, fun item for maybe an older child, and it does look unusual and pretty when it is glowing.

Mug ~ Ceramic Tea/Coffee ~ Inside Out Mug - FOR 'FOX' SAKE
Mug ~ Ceramic Tea/Coffee ~ Inside Out Mug - FOR 'FOX' SAKE
Offered by Jons Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, quality mug, 24 Feb. 2017
Someone at work had one of these bought for them as a gift and I simply had to have one for myself. Annoyingly, theirs had been bought from a Whittards store (instore only) and for ages I couldn't find one in stock online, but I added this to my wishlist and snapped it up as soon as it became available. I'm so pleased I did, as it's a really nice, quality mug, with nice detail inside and, of course, the fun fox design. It's a smaller cup rather than mug size, but fine for a cup of tea, and it makes me smile every time I use it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19