Profile for M. D. P. Bradley > Reviews

M. D. P. Bradley

Perdido Street Station
Perdido Street Station

4.0 out of 5 stars Inventive, 8 Jan. 2014
Probably the single most cleverly invented world I have ever come across. New Crobuzon is, in itself, powerful character. It gets four rather than five stars for being.needlessly long and drawn out. Not a criticism I often level at a book. The Weaver is an absolute delight.

Order & Chaos Online
Order & Chaos Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Order & Chaos Online (App)
I tried Midgard Rising first, mainly because it was free. This is so much better and worth the price - which is more than I have paid for any other game or app, but I do it gladly. It really feels just like WOW.

Stormswept (The Ingo Chronicles, Book 5)
Stormswept (The Ingo Chronicles, Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done, but loses pace, 3 Sept. 2013
This is my first Ingo book, and I was so very impressed with the way Helen Dunmore explains and describes the Mer folk, and passionate way she describes the relationship the human characters have with the sea. Having lived most of my life in Devon and Cornwall, much of that by the sea, I felt deeply connected to this book.

For that alone, the book should have got a 4, but unfortunately the story really lost pace around the middle, and I found that the central themes and motifs were over-used in a repetitive way. I also felt that, despite the Mer' s essential otherness, which was well represented, the character of Malin proved too unlikable.

Milkshake Shop FREE Cooking Game
Milkshake Shop FREE Cooking Game

1.0 out of 5 stars Shameless, 29 Mar. 2013
I have never seen a free app so shamelessly trying to sell and push you onto paid version. I downloaded the free version to see if I wanted the full version for my 3 year old. He loves it, but I don't want to get it on principle!