Profile for M. Houston > Reviews

The Red Hand Gang - Series 1 - Complete [DVD]
The Red Hand Gang - Series 1 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Buck Kartalian

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 70's television, 13 May 2009
I first saw the Red Hand Gang at the tender age of nine years old way back in 1977. It was brilliant when I saw it then. The episodes came and went, then it ended, after 12 episodes. Then the BBC repeated the series and I video taped every episode so that I could watch the red hand gang any time I wanted to. Then shortly after the tapes got thrown out by mistake and I was devasted. I was hoping the BBC would repeat the series again, but to no avail. The years went by and I saw no hope. Then the internet came, plus you tube and I saw clips again but it wasn't like watching it on television. I was sure it would never come out on dvd, but I typed in red hand gang and then it came up with dvd. I couldn't believe it, I felt brilliant and then I ordered it there and then. It came and I have just watched the first episode "The Kidnappers", then all my childhood memories came flooding back. At just over forty years old I am still an avid fan of the red hand gang and the plots, story lines and the kids who starred in the programme are first class. I would recommend this dvd to any one and I am giving it five stars. Just brilliant.