Profile for hammysg1 > Reviews

Content by hammysg1

hammysg1 "hammysg1" (Somerset, England)

Logitech Play Gear Pocket Slim for the PSP Slim
Logitech Play Gear Pocket Slim for the PSP Slim

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my PSP3000 like a glove, 9 May 2011
This is an excellent case: sturdy, well made, and fits my PSP3000 perfectly. It has a tough, hard outer which completely protects from knocks and drops, and a soft rubber inner which grips the PSP nicely. All the buttons and the AV port are accessible without removing the PSP from the case, allowing you to play it in the case. And, as an extra bounus, it is designed so that you can insert a skin of your own between the inner and outer liner, making your case completely customisable. Thoroughly recommended

Dance on Broadway (Wii)
Dance on Broadway (Wii)
Offered by Revolution Media

5.0 out of 5 stars very good fun but quite hard, 9 Mar. 2011
I bought this game primarily to encourage me to exercise more, and it certainly did that! It is a lot of fun and very energetic. The routines are pretty hard to get the hang of however, and you need to persevere. My advice would be to try several different routines regardless of the listed difficulty of them. When I first got the game, I tried the routines that said they were the easiest (from Chicago & sound of music) and couldn't get them at all but when I tried some of the supposedly harder ones (from 42nd St) I found that for me, I picked them up more easily. I think it depends on your particular taste and what musicals you might be familiar with already. I would imagine that this might not appeal to teenagers or younger, it takes quite a lot of repetitions before you get the hang of the routines and I think that they might not have the patience. However, once you start to remember the moves, it becomes a lot of fun, you can really go all out. There are loads of routines from 42nd St, guys and dolls, chicago, rocky horror show, sound of music, hair and many more. For some of the routines the 4 dancers are all doing different moves so you can vary it by playing the same routines but as different characters on different days. I think it would take a very, very long time until you could say that you could dance all the routines in all the different permutations of character so the game has a lot of longevity.

If you want a game where you can be very good in a very short space of time,without too much effort then this might not be the game for you but if you want a game where you progress steadily and it slowly gets better and better and therefore is more absorbing for a longer time, then this is great.

Take note: it is not for couch potatoes though, you need quite alot of energy for most of the routines

Alvin And The Chipmunks [DVD] [2007]
Alvin And The Chipmunks [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Jason Lee
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all ages, 19 Jan. 2011
I'm a 30-something with no kids so didn't think I would enjoy this film but boy was I wrong. It's very funny, has some great music, is moving and has a happy ending - what more could you ask for? I've now watched it dozens of times and I never seem to tire of it. For anyone like me who used to watch the Chipmunks cartoon as a kid, it's the story of how the Chipmunks met Dave. Some of the scenes are just so cute and funny - you've really got to watch what the Chipmunks are doing in the background sometimes and some of the subtler aspects I only got after watching it a second time. Excellent film, especially great to watch on Christmas eve.

Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 and 2 Double Pack [DVD]
Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 and 2 Double Pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Lee
Offered by wantitcheaper

2.0 out of 5 stars First Film Great but Sequel Rubbish, 19 Jan. 2011
As a 30-something with no kids I still thought the first Chipmunk film was excellent - funny, moving, great music, it has it all and I've re-watched it dozens of times since. So it was with great disappointment that I found out that the sequel was rubbish. Not that funny, music not great, story a bit pathetic. The only reason I've given this so few stars is because of the sequel. The Chippettes as a direct mirror image of the Chipmunks (chubby one, brainy one, wise-cracking one)was very unimaginative of the writers. It might amuse the kids but I wouldn't bet on it and it certainly isn't much fun for the adults whereas the first film is entertaining for both kids and adults - even my 60-something mum loves it. My advice: don't buy this set, save your money and just buy the first film instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2011 9:37 PM BST

Lost In Translation: Misadventures in English Abroad
Lost In Translation: Misadventures in English Abroad
by Charlie Croker

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious, 6 Jun. 2010
Every household should own this book. If you've had a bad day at work, if the washing machine's packed up, if the kids are screaming and everything's going wrong - just 5 minutes of reading this and I guarantee that you will be crying with laughter. So much fun can be had by innocent mistranslations that lead to such gems as "please leave your values at the front desk" and "customers will be executed in strict rotation", along with others that are so bizarre you are left perpetually wondering what on earth they were trying to say, such as "please leave your watermelons at the reception desk". Truely a wonderful book that will never lose it's charm, roll on volume 2!

Sony Ericsson C510 Black Skin Case
Sony Ericsson C510 Black Skin Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects with no loss of function, 6 Jun. 2010
I was a bit worried that being black I would not be able to see the keys through this case but as long as the 'phone is not in screensaver mode, you are perfectly able to see the keys to write texts etc. and you can still access the camera lens, memory card slot and other functions. At the same time the case is much less bulky than many other mobile cases so you can still keep the 'phone in your pocket. Good value for money.

Supernatural - Complete Fourth Season [DVD] [2009]
Supernatural - Complete Fourth Season [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jensen Ackles
Offered by Assai-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars No extra features as advertised, 17 Nov. 2009
Although this is not Amazon's fault, please take note: DO NOT buy this set if you are hoping for the extra features as there are none. I am very disappointed as that was the main reason I bought the set, I've loved the special features that were on the previous boxed sets. Am going to contact Warner Home video and hope for some resolution to the problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2010 7:14 PM BST

Canon WC-DC52 Wide Conversion Lens for PowerShot A-Series
Canon WC-DC52 Wide Conversion Lens for PowerShot A-Series
Offered by Bee-Tech-IT

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 16 Mar. 2009
Everyone with a Canon A-series camera should get one of these lenses. The problem with amateur phtotgraphy is that SLRs are so bulky. The main reason I bought a Canon A70 was that it is the only pocket point-and-shoot camera that I could find that lets you buy additional lenses. This lens was brilliant, I took it to New york and used it constantly. I couldn't possibly have got the great shots that I did if I didn't have this lens. It was absolutely essential for taking the tall skyscrapers and wide views of the Hudson Bay, which it did with very little distortion. I was quite dubious when I bought this that it would work very well, given that it was not being combined with an SLR, but I was really impressed with the quality of the photos I got from such a small camera, combined with a lens. Worth every penny in my opinion. Please note, that the product pictured here does not appear to be a WC-DC52 so be sure that you get the right one and also that you need to first buy the lens adapter to use this with Canon A-series cameras (e.g. you need the LA-DC52c for the A70)