Profile for A. Moriarty > Reviews

Content by A. Moriarty

A. Moriarty "mumoftheyear" (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
MINI COOPER EMBROIDERED BADGE SEAT BELT PADS
MINI COOPER EMBROIDERED BADGE SEAT BELT PADS

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Mini accessory, 27 Feb. 2015
Lovely quality and thought my MINI deserved a treat. Bought two sets so I could have them on four out of the five seat belts. I;m quite short and seat belts always cut into me so these were a real necessity. Took a little time to arrive from Asia but well worth the wait and great value. Recommended,

Hodor Stark T Shirt Quote Cool Alternative Geeky Gift [Apparel]
Hodor Stark T Shirt Quote Cool Alternative Geeky Gift [Apparel]
Offered by Shop4yoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Word of wisdom from the man himself, 27 Feb. 2015
Bought this for my son for christmas and he loves it. His friends think it's great too so that makes him even happier. It's a good quality, think cotton and washes well. Recommended,

50 Heinz French Mustard - 50 Individual sachets
50 Heinz French Mustard - 50 Individual sachets

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy as a condiment not often available in restaurants., 27 Feb. 2015
Very happy to get these as no restaurants seem to have dark french mustard and I MUST have it on my sausages and/or steak. I always carry a few in my bag. Could do with being a bit bigger as I need to use two or three but otherwise great. Recommended.

ONX3® Nokia Lumia 735 S Line Grip Series Hydro Wave Gel Case Skin Cover + LCD Screen Protector Guard - Various Colours (Wallet Green + Pen)
Offered by ONX3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour (got a blue one too to ring the ..., 27 Feb. 2015
Great colour (got a blue one too to ring the changes) and I liked the design of this case more than the flip one. Feels more like a mini file-o-fax. Don't put credit cards in it though as they can become de-magnitised by your phone.

Also comes with a little stylus pen in a matching colour and a screen protector (which I'm sure is great but I haven't used mine year) Recommended.

50 UHT Semi Skimmed Milk - 50 x 12ml portions
50 UHT Semi Skimmed Milk - 50 x 12ml portions
Offered by Sweet Addicts

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable milk. Does exactly what you want it to., 27 Feb. 2015
They are a little bit small (need about 4 for a cup of tea) but I was glad to have them in my hotel in Disneyland Paris. Nothing like a drink as soon as you get up and it was a long walk from the lodge to the Chuck Wagon cafe, so I was glad to have them.

Made in Britain (Special Edition) [DVD]
Made in Britain (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Roth
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Car-crash TV at it's very best, 27 Feb. 2015
What can I say about this film that has not already been said. Nothing really. Feels a little bit redundant, a review after all these years but I watched this film again with my 17 year old son whose doing film-studies at college. He'd just seen 'This is England' so I bought this and told him 'this WAS England. Watch it and learn something'.

The film has a great cast, is well written and acted, is realisic, gritty, shocking and raw. The central charater of Trevor is both a terrific and terrifying creation because I am afraid we can all recognise him as someone we have either met or seen from a distance (whilst walking quicky in the other direction). Someone you don't make eye contact with. A problem of society. A scurge to be locked up or rehabilitated?

It is a simply stunning performance by Tim Roth at the tender age of 21 (it's hard to belive he was already a dad by this point) and the way the film is made, it feels more like a documentary. I'm not sure you can actually enjoy a film like this (it's a bit like watching a car-crash - you're not sure whether you want to see it but you can't look away either). However, you can appreciate the skill with which it was put together. It's great TV.

The story goes that Tim Roth got this role by accident after wandering into the theatre where auditions were taking place to borrow a bicycle pump. I'm so glad he got that flat tyre as I couldn't imagine anyone else playing this role.

What If [DVD] [2014]
What If [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, charming piece of film-making., 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: What If [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Alot of rom-coms should be called romantic dramas because the comedy is so gentle that it makes you smile rather than laugh. This film has equal quantities of romance and comedy and does both very well indeed. What made Daniel Radcliffe choose this project? He must have been offered a few hundred rom-coms, right? The answer is probably the script which is laugh out loud hilarious in places. I like Daniel. He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and is quite happy to poke fun at himself in the name of his art. There is a fantastic chemistry with Zoe Kazan and the whole film, which is mostly shot in Canada (with the exception of a few scenes in Ireland) has a low-budget, indie realism to it which I really enjoyed. It's not glossy, it's a little but edgy, despite it's formulaic rom-com story-line. The dialogue sounds very natural, like the actors are working without a script and are just saying what's on their minds.

The rest of the cast is very good too. The scene with Wallace getting relationship advice from his flat-mate played by Adam Driver made me laugh out loud in the cinema and I also liked the beach scene with Chantry ('I'll show you mine if you show me yours'),

Give this film a look and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It's one to buy, keep on your DVD shelf and take down to watch when you really need cheering up.

The LEGO Movie 70814: Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
The LEGO Movie 70814: Emmet's Construct-o-Mech

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic detail....great fun to build., 18 Feb. 2015
Took me about three hours to build this for my son but it was worth it. Great toy with amazing detail. Recommended but too many bricks for a small child to build. They will need help. Some of the parts are built twice like two arms, two legs, It may be nice to build them step by step together so they get a taste for LEGO building and realise that it is time-consumming but satisfying when you see the finished build.

Sony NWZE384 8GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Blue
Sony NWZE384 8GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Blue
Offered by You Want GPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want from an MP3 and it's blue too., 18 Feb. 2015
Bought as a present for my brother who'd had no end of trouble with a long line of MP3s made by Creative Zen. He's very happy with it. It has been reliable, sounds good, easy to use, nice little screen and, for a Chelsea Fan, the most important feature - IT'S BLUE!!! Recommended.

Lego DC Universe Super Heroes Batman Minifigure Link Children's Quartz Watch with Multicolour Dial Analogue Display and Multicolour Plastic Bracelet 9005640

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun but it's not a toy!!, 18 Feb. 2015
Bought as a first watch for my son who thinks it's a toy so it spends as much time in his hands as it does on his wrist. It comes with spare links and builds easily so will fit any size wrist. Warning though. Some of the parts can break quite easily. He's already broken the catch and snapped a bit off the Batman link but you can go on clic-time's website and order spare parts which do come in no time at all. You just need to upload a copy of your receipt and send it to them with an on-line form. All in all, a fun item. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9