Profile for A. Moriarty > Reviews

Content by A. Moriarty

A. Moriarty "mumoftheyear" (London)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Despicable Me - Official Slimline Minions Calendar 2015
Despicable Me - Official Slimline Minions Calendar 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages, 6 Mar. 2015
My son loves all things 'Minion' so he was thrilled to get this calendar for Christmas. It has spaces to write his events on but is small enough to not take up too much space on his wall. Recommended.

Dexshell waterproof and breathable trekking socks (Medium)
Dexshell waterproof and breathable trekking socks (Medium)
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars An essental piece of kit and well worth the money, 6 Mar. 2015
My son is doing Duke of Edinburgh awards and found these socks invaluable on his practice and final expeditions. Kept his feet dry when the water seeped into his walking boots, making a huge difference to earlier expeditions. Recommended.

Greenpeace: Standing Up For The Earth 2015 Wall Calendar
Greenpeace: Standing Up For The Earth 2015 Wall Calendar
by Workman
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Photos....and useful too!, 6 Mar. 2015
I buy this calendar evey year for my kitchen as it has spaces to put the families appointments and events but it also has 12 fabulous colour photos that never disappoint. Sometimes it's a beautiful wildlife shot and sometimes it's a natural phenomenon like a waterfall, glacier, forest or desert. Either way, it's always a pleasure to look at. Highly recommended.

Tinker Bell & The Legend of the NeverBeast [DVD]
Tinker Bell & The Legend of the NeverBeast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Loter

5.0 out of 5 stars Something a little different from the Tinker Bell series, 6 Mar. 2015
I saw this at the cinema with my 14 year old son and my 53 year old sister in law. All the Tinker Bell films are very pretty to look at and have great storylines and soundtracks but they are essentially very girly affairs. This one had a little extra. For one thing, it's not really about Tinker Bell (although she is in it). It centres on another fair, Fawn, the animal fairy, who belives that all animals have merit, even those that may, on the face of it, pose a danger to the fairies very existence.

There was alot more menace in places of the story than you would expect and it was not as predicatable as the other films, not quite so 'Disney'. The ending was unexpected and bitter-sweet and left me quite choked-up.

I would definately recommend this film but don't forget the tissues.

MINI COOPER EMBROIDERED BADGE SEAT BELT PADS
MINI COOPER EMBROIDERED BADGE SEAT BELT PADS
Offered by ONEKOOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Mini accessory, 27 Feb. 2015
Lovely quality and thought my MINI deserved a treat. Bought two sets so I could have them on four out of the five seat belts. I;m quite short and seat belts always cut into me so these were a real necessity. Took a little time to arrive from Asia but well worth the wait and great value. Recommended,

Hodor Stark T Shirt Quote Cool Alternative Geeky Gift [Apparel]
Hodor Stark T Shirt Quote Cool Alternative Geeky Gift [Apparel]
Offered by Shop4yoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Word of wisdom from the man himself, 27 Feb. 2015
Bought this for my son for christmas and he loves it. His friends think it's great too so that makes him even happier. It's a good quality, think cotton and washes well. Recommended,

50 Heinz French Mustard - 50 Individual sachets
50 Heinz French Mustard - 50 Individual sachets

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy as a condiment not often available in restaurants., 27 Feb. 2015
Very happy to get these as no restaurants seem to have dark french mustard and I MUST have it on my sausages and/or steak. I always carry a few in my bag. Could do with being a bit bigger as I need to use two or three but otherwise great. Recommended.

ONX3® Nokia Lumia 735 S Line Grip Series Hydro Wave Gel Case Skin Cover + LCD Screen Protector Guard - Various Colours (Wallet Green + Pen)
Offered by ONX3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colour (got a blue one too to ring the ..., 27 Feb. 2015
Great colour (got a blue one too to ring the changes) and I liked the design of this case more than the flip one. Feels more like a mini file-o-fax. Don't put credit cards in it though as they can become de-magnitised by your phone.

Also comes with a little stylus pen in a matching colour and a screen protector (which I'm sure is great but I haven't used mine year) Recommended.

50 UHT Semi Skimmed Milk - 50 x 12ml portions
50 UHT Semi Skimmed Milk - 50 x 12ml portions
Offered by Sweet Addicts

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable milk. Does exactly what you want it to., 27 Feb. 2015
They are a little bit small (need about 4 for a cup of tea) but I was glad to have them in my hotel in Disneyland Paris. Nothing like a drink as soon as you get up and it was a long walk from the lodge to the Chuck Wagon cafe, so I was glad to have them.

Made in Britain (Special Edition) [DVD]
Made in Britain (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Roth
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Car-crash TV at it's very best, 27 Feb. 2015
What can I say about this film that has not already been said. Nothing really. Feels a little bit redundant, a review after all these years but I watched this film again with my 17 year old son whose doing film-studies at college. He'd just seen 'This is England' so I bought this and told him 'this WAS England. Watch it and learn something'.

The film has a great cast, is well written and acted, is realisic, gritty, shocking and raw. The central charater of Trevor is both a terrific and terrifying creation because I am afraid we can all recognise him as someone we have either met or seen from a distance (whilst walking quicky in the other direction). Someone you don't make eye contact with. A problem of society. A scurge to be locked up or rehabilitated?

It is a simply stunning performance by Tim Roth at the tender age of 21 (it's hard to belive he was already a dad by this point) and the way the film is made, it feels more like a documentary. I'm not sure you can actually enjoy a film like this (it's a bit like watching a car-crash - you're not sure whether you want to see it but you can't look away either). However, you can appreciate the skill with which it was put together. It's great TV.

The story goes that Tim Roth got this role by accident after wandering into the theatre where auditions were taking place to borrow a bicycle pump. I'm so glad he got that flat tyre as I couldn't imagine anyone else playing this role.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10