Profile for keef55 > Reviews

Content by keef55

keef55

iPad-Mini 4 Bluetooth Keyboard Case F.G.S Ultra-Slim Rechargeable Wireless Aluminum Keyboard Case for iPad Mini 4-Silver
Offered by iitrust

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 28 July 2016
It's really good, especially for this price. Very sturdy and I especially like how it grips the iPad Mini 4 very tightly so the whole unit feels solid (and looks remarkably like a smart little laptop). Bluetooth connected easily and I am quickly getting to grips with the keyboard (which is smaller obviously).

Recommended.

Running Free: A Runner's Journey Back to Nature
Running Free: A Runner's Journey Back to Nature
by Richard Askwith

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jun. 2014
'Feet In The Clouds' is a minor masterpiece and I have read it four times. This just goes on (at length) about how great it is to run across fields and, as others have mentioned, sneers at those of us who don't have that option. I run with a watch because I am trying to improve - why is that a problem? Took me about fifteen attempts to finish the book and had to skip large sections to do so. He does write really well but the subject matter isn't sufficient for a book of this length hence endless descriptions of plants, flowers and animals. Very disappointing.

Archos 605 WiFi 4GB Portable Media Player 4.3" Touch Screen
Archos 605 WiFi 4GB Portable Media Player 4.3" Touch Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a fantastic gadget, 15 Oct. 2012
I had one of these a few years back but it died on me so when I saw this at such a bargain price I couldn't resist.

This remains one of the best-ever gadgets in my opinion. Video quality (and video recording quality, assuming you have the dvr dock) are superior and streaming music and videos from my home pc is superb.

A couple of things to bear in mind though:

1. The plug-ins that you need for web browsing and playback of some video files are no longer available from Archos but you may find them elsewhere.

2. Some recordings you make from the tv (mainly on-demand stuff) are protected and will only play back on the device itself. Not a problem if you want to watch them on the train but you won't be able to watch them on your tv or pc.

I use this mainly as a video recorder for tv - you can schedule recordings and it works really well. Plus, it's highly portable of course, for music etc when out and about.

Mini Sport Digital Video Camcorder - Black - Camera Only - WORLD'S SMALLEST VOICE & VIDEO CAMERA!!
Offered by xiguauu

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for Money, 24 Aug. 2012
The item arrived promptly and is exactly as described.

It was very helpful that I had read the other reviews first although I am glad that they did not put me off purchasing this. I bought a class 10 8gb micro sd card separately so the whole thing has only cost me £17.50.

There are some very helpful youtube videos as well which cover charging, inserting micro sd card correctly.

The mains adapter is uk 3-pin. When it is charging the red light on the unit stays constant but the blue light flashes. When the blue light goes constant (or goes off - it's hard to tell from certain angles) it is fully charged. My first full charge took 2 hours. I then inserted the micro sd card (it clicks into place).

I then read the manual via the mini cd (had to lean my tower pc sideways to get it to stay in the disk drive!) but it's the same as the printed manual and thus not very helpful. I copied the Notepad file called "tag" over to my pc, opened the file and changed the date and time to the current ones, and saved the file. I then connected the unit via usb to my pc and copied the "tag" file to the unit (the micro sd card shows up as a drive on your pc explorer). The date/time is now correct on the unit although not sure how often you have to update it manually.

I then did a test video indoors - 1 minute of video was 40mb so that would give 200 mins of video although I note that the battery is said to expire long before that.

The video quality indoors is really good and I was very pleased. I clipped it to my trousers using the supplied clip and I could still get decent voice audio even though I had moved it away from my face. As I plan to use it to record runs/bike rides, having audio is great because it means I can waffle over the top of them.

I am going to test it on a run later and am expecting video quality to be even better outdoors.

For the money, this is excellent.

LuvKin BLACK Kobo Touch eReader Luxury Executive Wallet / Cover / Case
LuvKin BLACK Kobo Touch eReader Luxury Executive Wallet / Cover / Case
Offered by Techccessorize UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but with one minor flaw, 22 Jan. 2012
This is a very nice item that was delivered swiftly and is exactly as described. Quality is good and my Kobo Touch fits very snug inside without the cover adding too much weight to it. Good protection offered to my e-reader. However, the top-right elastic strap covers the power switch so you have to slip it off to turn the device on and off. It's a minor irritation but enough to stop me giving 5 stars. However, I can still recommend this product as the flaw is a minor one.

Feet in the Clouds: A Tale of Fell-Running and Obsession: A Story of Fell Running and Obsession
by Richard Askwith

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Read, 19 Oct. 2011
I didn't know too much about fell-running - I do now.

Beautifully evocative - makes you want to go off and run 42 peaks in 24 hours ! Have read it once - about to read it again.

Protective Leather -  Look carry Case for Eken M001 , M002  - also fits other 7" Tablet PC and Android Notebook
Protective Leather - Look carry Case for Eken M001 , M002 - also fits other 7" Tablet PC and Android Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Archos 70 Tablet, 8 Feb. 2011
Ordered this for the Archos 70 internet tablet and it does a good job. It is slightly bigger than the Archos but the elastic straps are tight and hold the A70 firmly in place.

Just what I needed - and delivered super quick.