Profile for Colin > Reviews

Colin

Trust MC-1200 PC Microphone
Trust MC-1200 PC Microphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 9 Feb. 2013
This microphone seems to have garnered positive reviews from others, but as far as I'm concerned, it's useless. It's so insensitive that it requires you to speak with your lips almost touching the microphone, at which point the speech sounds terrible.

Casio W-211B-3AVEF Mens Cloth Strap Digital Watch
Casio W-211B-3AVEF Mens Cloth Strap Digital Watch
Offered by Watch4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, nothing fancy., 14 Jan. 2013
Had this watch about three years now. Very happy with it; I wear it while rock climbing, fell running, and mountain biking. No signs of wear or tear yet.

Wool Overs British Wool Men's Nordic Fair Isle Jumper
Wool Overs British Wool Men's Nordic Fair Isle Jumper
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent jumper, 14 Jan. 2013
Excellent jumper; I've had mine for a week or so and am very fond of it. I've previously bought a Country Zip jumper from Woolovers, which has lasted about 3 years of very frequent use. Unfortunately it's now unravelling a little at one of the cuffs, but is otherwise in perfect condition, despite being machine washed many times.

The Nordic jumper is perhaps very slightly denser, although of similar thickness, to the Country Zip. I'm not sure it's any warmer, but it has a tougher feel to it, making me feel sure it will satisfy its intended purpose: rock climbing at the Peak District.

The sizing is much the same as the Country Zip, although the style is slightly shorter (but retaining the same length at the arms).

I would have liked it had there been two thickness options, since while this is certainly a warm jumper, I wouldn't describe it as chunky (think: Golf thick, rather than Shetland-fisherman chunky). However, its thickness makes it suitable for wearing over another lightweight wool jumper, or for wearing indoors on draughty days.

Tog 24 Arctic Mns Crew Neck Black M
Tog 24 Arctic Mns Crew Neck Black M

5.0 out of 5 stars Great base layer, great price, 15 Sept. 2011
I was very happy with this base layer. It's warm, and hasn't fallen apart after a year of use. I sometimes find with base layers that they don't extend far enough below the waist - I'm pleased to say that this base layer did not suffer from this problem.

Would recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2013 12:07 AM GMT

Mens & Womens Country Zip Neck Jumper Cherry Large
Mens & Womens Country Zip Neck Jumper Cherry Large
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jumper for a great price, 15 Sept. 2011
Very nice jumper. The zip is comfortable when done up, and does not irritate the neck at all (nor does the wool). I've had mine for about 9 months and have worn it frequently - thus far there's no damage present, and I'm very happy with it.

Would recommend.

Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Pant
Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Pant
Price: £15.69 - £76.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but less flexable than others, 6 Feb. 2011
I ordered a medium since that's my best-suited waist size. It fits well around the hips, but it's exceedingly tight around the legs. I find that when I bend my legs, it becomes uncomfortably tight around the back of my knees.

Unlike other leggings made from synthetics (lycra, etc), these do not stretch very much. These are presumably designed for when warmth is more important than flexibility. Having said that, the merino wool layer is very thin; I think these are only marginally warmer than my more-flexible running tights.

Finally, quite a lot of stitches are coming loose (both at points where it's likely that I over stretched them, and also at places where that's unlikely).

I'm going to wear them as sleeping-bag pyjamas when I go camping, but I probably won't wear them for hiking.

Still fond of Helly Hansen in general, but wouldn't buy these particular tights again.